5.0 out of 5 stars Love this hat
I have the dark brown hat pictured (image 1) and I love it. I realized when someone complimented me that it was better looking that my Helen Kaminski ($$$) brown hat (maybe because of the wider brim), but the color is also nicer.

Published on June 23, 2011 by Klyde

3.0 out of 5 stars Size 1 = Medium?
Published on August 7, 2012 by Diane

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this hat, June 23, 2011
Klyde (Pacific Northwest, USA) - See all my reviews

Please note that at this time (6/2011), the images are switched, so good luck ordering. I emailed ANTonline and did not get a response, then called them and they could not look at the Amazon listing, but did give me Sloggers number. Sloggers was very helpful. They looked at the images and told me the "light brown" is the dark brown and vice versa, but the images are of the correct Sloggers hats (I wasn't sure).

So here's the deal, and hopefully it will save you some time:
Item number for dark brown is 442DB01 - I would call it a medium brown, but it's basically a nut brown, like a hazelnut tone (as opposed to a dark brown like espresso). Item number for light brown is 442LB01 and is more of a beige or wheat color (almost an off-white). I will be ordering or buying mine somewhere else, so I know which one I am getting.

My rating is just for the hat itself, and again, it's a wonderful hat. You can get it wet to stay cool or pack it and it still ends up looking great. Flattering shape, style, and color. Comfortable and protective.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sun hat, April 14, 2012
My hat came about a week earlier than I expected. I LOVE it. I am blonde and fair and most hats are a yellow straw color which is very unflattering for me. This one is sage and black woven together, made 65% of paper? It is light on my head and the drawstring keeps it in place as it is very windy where we live. Just spent a day with it on and no sunburn. The wide brim helps cover my face and neck area nicely. Really very pleased!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and practical!, June 11, 2013
This hat is a classic; Not only do I feel elegant when I wear it, but it stands up to the sun, the heat, the wind and constant wear! I'd been looking for a lovely wide-brimmed hat for a long time, but it seemed that everything I looked at was intended as a fashion accessory only; The brims flopped into your face, or they were flimsy in the slightest breeze. This hat is an absolute treasure! It works wonderfully on the 3 mile walk home from the grocery (when it's just too nice out to take the bus), while digging for hours in the community garden, and with a pretty dress or long skirt while on vacation. If you care to remove the hat (upon entering a shop, for example), the soft cord attatched to the hat allows you to wear it dropped behind your shoulders without feeling like you're being strangled! I must also comment on it's appropriateness for gals of all ages- I am in my thirties, and it is just as comfortable and stylish on my mom, who is in her sixties. The toasty-neutral color goes nicely with anything, too! Ladies, I must recommend this fantastic hat! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, sturdy, attractive hat!, October 27, 2012
anonymous (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I work in a Lorikeet aviary and the birds are fascinated with hats. I have fair skin and light-sensitive blue eyes and have to wear a big-brimmed hat to protect my face and eyes from the sun (sunscreen and sunglasses aren't enough). I was wearing real straw hats but the birds tore them apart fairly quickly. I went through about 8 hats before I found this one. This hat has held up brilliantly. The birds do chew on it but can't destroy it, the brim is nice and wide, the hat is attractive (and it keeps the birds and bird poop out of my hair!). It doesn't breathe well, though, and my head gets very sweaty wearing this hat in hot weather. It's a tradeoff - hot head or protected face and hair. Overall I am very happy with this hat, although I only wear it at work. I have other hats for other occasions. It would make a good gardening hat for people who garden in the sun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful sun/garden hat, April 15, 2011
Great hat, good looking, ultra comfortable, nice wider brim that holds the shape forever (!). Hat lasts for years, my previous hat was 10 years old with plenty of use.

5.0 out of 5 stars It fits!, March 26, 2013
I have a large head (24 1/2 inches) and have difficulty finding a women's hat big enough. I cannot be in the sun (have lupus) so a hat is essential. This is a 50 sunblock and the chin strap helps in the wind. I am grateful to find this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Size 1 = Medium?, August 7, 2012
I just received my hat and am a bit disappointed in the size. The Amazon entry I ordered from said "size 1" which I figured meant it was a small. I guess I should not have made that assumption because now that it is here is says MED on the attached tag and the tag in the hat says 22 1/4 Inches/Medium. I have a small head and I wanted a small! I notice someone else commented that they run small and maybe they do but this is still a bit too large for me. I will keep it, I guess, since I am not sure they have small available but they sure could make the sizing more clear!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, June 1, 2012
V. Mellody (Tucson, Arizona United States) - See all my reviews
I get compliments wherever I wear it and people always want to know where I bought it. I'm always proud to tell them I bought it from Amazon and how little I paid for it. It goes with nearly everything I wear and with my very fair complexion. It fits perfectly too.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT HAT !!!!, June 8, 2012
All I can say is its great! works for dress up or casual. comfy and really blocks the sun. I wore to a festival recently and got several compliments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hat!, January 10, 2013
Actually fits my big head - a lot of women's hats are too small for me. Love the gray-green color. Note that the brim is larger than it looks in the photo, but that's a plus in my book - I'll be wearing this at our craft festivals and in my yard and anywhere!

Rate and Discover Movies