2,324
Sloggers Women's  Rain and Garden Boot with "All-Day-Comfort" Insole, Midsummer Black Print - Wo's size 9 - Style 5002BK09
Size Name: size 9Color Name: Midsummer Black PrintChange
Price:$28.42 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on February 25, 2010
Size Name: size 8Color Name: Paisley Red PrintVerified Purchase
I've worn these approx six times in wet weather. I normally wear a size 7.5 shoe, so I ordered an 8 and they fit well with regular socks (could probably get away with thicker socks if needed). They are comfortable and provide good traction on slippery surfaces. I like that they are lower profile than other rain boots (hit at mid-calf rather than just below the knee). The bright prints bring a little fun to rainy days.
on December 5, 2009
Size Name: size 7Color Name: Midsummer Black PrintVerified Purchase
These rainboots are cute and affordable. The print is more sophisticated than some of the rainboots you see out there yet still playful. The leg has plenty of room for movement and tucking in your jeans.

The only complaint I have is that my feet are slightly wide so the boot is a little snug around the foot. It's not that noticeable; only after wearing them for really long periods of time do I feel a difference.

Overall, a great buy.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 18, 2011
Size Name: size 7Color Name: Midsummer Black PrintVerified Purchase
I purchased these boots because I'm pretty short (5'0"), and full-size rain boots are uncomfortable for me to wear. I received them the next day, and the quality is great (made in the USA!). It was raining that day and my feet stayed dry the entire time. I was reading other reviews trying to determine whether or not to order a size up as most said, and I just want to leave this review to help others out who might not know which size to go with. I wear a size 7 shoe almost indefinitely in every shoe I try on, so I got a size 7. It was true to size and fit well with socks, snug enough for my foot to not slide around, but not so tight that it was uncomfortable. Therefore, if you're a half size, I would recommend ordering the next size up, but otherwise just order your regular size. Also, for those of you that have larger calves, the boots do have lots of room at top and aren't tight around the leg either, even with pants. :)

Edit: Almost 3 years later, I still have these boots, and they are still in great shape. Good purchase.
Edit 2 (3/16/2015): I still have these boots, and they are still in great condition as before!
on December 4, 2010
Size Name: size 9Color Name: Midsummer Black PrintVerified Purchase
These rain boots are shin height (not calf height) Also, the material they are made of is opaque. Colors are not as vivid as pictured. That being said I do like the opaqueness- the colors are more "milky" than a true black/red/green.
As for size, I wear an 8 1/2 and ordered a 9. They are perfect. My feet are not narrow or wide, just ordered 1/2 up based on the previous reviews.
The height is fine- plenty of space to tuck my jeans in! I do not plan on gardening in these (or at all for that matter) these are only for show on a rainy day out! So gardeners and other outdoorsy types may want to consider the height for keeping out dirt! On the other hand these are much more flexible than my calf height boots by another company.
Added plus: There is a small black "nub" on each back that allow you ease of removal with your opposite foot! Bonus!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 30, 2011
Size Name: size 8Color Name: Midsummer Black PrintVerified Purchase
Specific measurements! I read all the reviews - twice - and still came away fairly confused about sizing. Maybe I can help somebody. I bought size 8. I can get my foot in 'em but they are too small for comfort. I took out a ruler and measured the bottom of the boot's sole: 10".

[But I can pull a pair of Land's End hiking boots size 8 out of my closet right now and tell you that their sole measures just under 11". And some Pogo athletic shoes by Reebook size 7 that ALSO measure just under 11". Confusing!]

If you want to measure your own foot, like I did and found my foot is a shade under 10", about 9.62", you can find instructions by doing a search on the best known engine, "measure your own foot." In short, you trace your bare foot, keeping the pencil straight up and down, then take a ruler and draw a line across the furthest points. Measure from one line to the other to get your measurement. You deduct a slight amount, 3/16" of an inch, to allow for the extra distance created by the fact that the pencil mark is drawn just outside your foot. You can do the same process to find your foot width.

These measurements have corresponding sizes, which you can find on a basic size guide. The last line of the Sloggers product description says "Click here to see our Size Guide!" Well, on my computer screen there is nowhere to click. However, I went looking on the internet by searching the words "shoe size conversion." I never saw any of these charts before and was always a bit hazy on how shoe size is measured - this helped a lot. According to The Official Guide, my shoe size based on 9.6", is what I generally believe it to be (and most of my shoes are), 8.5. Meaning, I would be better off with a size 9 Sloggers. So hopefully, these specfic measurements will help somebody else decide "if the shoe fits..." before buying.

Edit May 2011: I've since purchased the size 9 and I can tell you the bottom sole measures 10.25" end to end - and they fit me with not much extra room. Hope this helps!

Update Nov 2011: I realized in my emphasis on sizing I neglected to say much about the boot itself. They are very cute but a duller color than in the product photo; I posted my own photo under Customer Images which gives a more realistic color. They definitely attract compliments and look great with jeans or short shorts (inbetween pants lengths, like capris, look odd with the boots' wide leg opening). I'm a tad suspicious about the totally waterproof claim. I recently had the misfortune to have to slog through water wearing the boots and after one of my socks was a little damp. But they're great for regular rain conditions.

Update Jan 2014: I still have and wear my sloggers. They definitely attract attention & compliments, from *both* women and men which is somewhat unusual! I appreciate the thick sole but it's worn at the heels now. I try to be careful with them so as to not scrape or otherwise mar the surface of the boots and they've held up well, even under heavy gardening conditions and many miles of walking.

In case you're wondering why my review spent so much time on sizing, etc., at the time I wrote it there weren't all those nice photos and descriptions of the boots on the product page, such as a photo of the sole (a important feature).

June 2014: 3 years in, lots of use, a great purchase. I'd buy again - if the price was right!

CLEANING TIP: add a little dish detergent when rinsing with water. It brings back shine. Who knew?!
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 21, 2011
Size Name: size 10Color Name: Midsummer Black PrintVerified Purchase
These rainboots are perfectttt! They're so stylish, I cannot even count the amount of compliments I've gotten wearing these rainboots. Honestly, I hate rainboots. These are my first pair because I never found a pair that was good but cute at the same time. First of all, they're very comfortable to wear, they're easy to clean because you just run it under the water & wipe off any residue, they're cute, they're not too bulky, they're not heavy on your feet at all, and they keep your feet completely dry. The first day I got them I jumped in every puddle I could find to test them out because they were my first rainboots and my feet were completely dry when I got home, not even a drop soaked through. Oh and last but not least, the sizes run perfectly, of course their rain boots so it will always be a little bit bigger but if you're a 9, get a 9. Overall, I am really happy with this purchase!
on August 7, 2011
Size Name: size 7Color Name: Basic Black SolidVerified Purchase
This stylish, shiny black boot is perfect for me. I am short and have a wide calf. Most of the taller knee height boots just don't work for me. I'm so happy I found these. They are also very comfortable!
on April 4, 2014
Size Name: size 10Color Name: Midsummer Black PrintVerified Purchase
So I just received my Sloggers after reading almost every review and finally deciding to order a pair of my own. I initially started looking for rain boots to wear to work and came across these, I was immediately interested because of the amount of reviews alone. I find it's so important to leave reviews because they are so helpful when trying to decide on buying something over the internet.

I'm a dog groomer and have been looking for a good pair of shoes to wear that are not only comfortable but also water proof and HAIR proof! Hair splinters are, unfortunately, always a concern in this line of business, I've tried water proof clogs and similar shoes but whether I wear socks or not I still end up with hair splinters in the tops of my feet. I'm sick of them, and I wish I had done this sooner, but I finally found some rain boots that I actually like, style wise, and that are actually functional. I'm usually a size 81/2 to 9 so I ordered size 10, they fit perfectly with or without socks, with they are just snug enough to not wiggle, without there is just a tiny wiggle room. I'm slightly flat footed and slightly wide also and neither the width nor the arch bother me after wearing them all day to test them out. I also like that the insoles can be taken out and replaced with more personal ones if need be, for high arch support or flat feet. The boot stops just before the widest part of my calf, which is average to slightly muscular, with plenty of room to spare. The inside is not straight rubber like the outside, it is soft due to the fabric design, and there is a little tab off the outside of the heel for "stepping" out of them using your opposite foot so you don't have to bend down and use your hands. I've included several of my own pictures to see these details, I feel that's also helpful when trying to decide.

Finally I love the design, it is black with muted flowers, which I love. I love these so much I'm planning on getting a second pair, a brighter pair, maybe the dog paw print design, I am a dog groomer after all. Happy hunting!

UPDATE 12/4/14: It's been 8 months, already, time flies! So I've discovered that, since these boots don't really breath, they are too hot to wear at work in the summer. They are perfect any other time of the year, fall/winter/spring, so I decided to purchase a pair of Sloggers rain and garden shoes for the summer months and they don't get as hot, but I end up having the same issue with hair getting into my shoes. All in all I am happy with both my Sloggers boots and my shoes.
on April 2, 2014
Size Name: size 8Color Name: Midsummer Black Print
Top rim isn't lined and plastic is rigid--with a little water and friction, these cut a line across my calf. Also because plastic is rigid and doesn't give, this shoe is not for people with high bridges on the tops of their feet - they won't loosen up.
on October 11, 2010
Size Name: size 8Color Name: Midsummer Black PrintVerified Purchase
This is a great rainboot. It's lightweight and is comfortable. It is definitely true to size and I don't know why everyone said to order a size larger because a size 8 (which I normally wear) fits perfectly and the size 9 was very, very large.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations