Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on November 8, 2012
I just checked this book out from the library and am so glad I did not waste any money on it. I can't even pronounce half the names of recipes in this book, I'm sorry but this is not at all my idea of comfort food or slow cooking. Most of the recipes call for skillet pre-cooking and then adding a bunch of new ingredients at the end. I understand browning the sides of a large roast (though honestly I've never found that to improve the end product). But making a meringue for jalapeno corn bread? And cooking said corn bread in a separate pan in the slow cooker????? REALLY???????

This book is RUBBISH!!!
I want comfort food, not gourmet crock!
on December 28, 2012
These recipes taste great and have kids and adults lining up for seconds. The images provided on Amazon are very typical of the recipes throughout the book. While some prep is necessary for most all of the recipes, it is minimal and to be expected as a part of cooking a meal.

The author provides a sidebar of tips that contain helpful ways to minimize cooking and prep time, as well as alternative ingredients that may be fun to try out.

This is not a "dump and go" slow cooker book - surely we all know how to do that without the aid of a cook book. This is a great cook book for those times when you want a really great tasting meal that can be cooked in a slow cooker.
on April 1, 2011
This book is a great addition to our cooking library. There are some great tasting easy recipes. I'm looking foreward to trying them all.
on December 2, 2014