4.0 out of 5 stars Pre-ordered in Dec, arrived last week.
We tried 2 of the pork recipes today and liked them.
The pork stew with green beans and yellow squash was tasty. We had it for lunch with smashed red potatoes.
Published 9 months ago by K. L. Richards

3.0 out of 5 stars Best for retirees or those who can go home at lunch
It seems a bit unfair to me to give this only 3 stars, when many of the recipes look delicious. But there is one thing I wish I'd known prior to buying it - because if I had, I might have tried to borrow it from the library instead.

Published 4 months ago by C. Phillips

4.0 out of 5 stars Pre-ordered in Dec, arrived last week., March 16, 2014
This review is from: Slow Cooker Double Dinners for Two: Cook Once, Eat Twice! (Slow Cooking for Two) (Hardcover)
We tried 2 of the pork recipes today and liked them.
The companion cooking recipe was spicy pork in garlic sauce which we will have on Tues. I plan to serve it with steamed rice and broccoli. Of course we had to sample a little bite, lol, and thought it as good as the first dish.
I plan to try chicken dishes later this week and hope they are just as good.
Often foods cooked in the slow cooker are bland, this cookbook seems to conquer that problem, using bold flavors that stand up to the prolonged heat of low-temp cooking. Now if someone could just figure a way to keep colors from fading to gray.

3.0 out of 5 stars Best for retirees or those who can go home at lunch, July 30, 2014

The great majority of recipes in this book - at least 75%, from a quick glance - call for cooking times of 4-5 hours. The rest, yes, call for 6-7, but since I work eight hour days, and thus am gone for nine, minimum, with travel time...most of the recipes will be weekend only. I do use my slower cooker on the weekends, but it's really during the week that I rely on it.

I have the same model slow cooker as she does, and I do love the keep warm feature. But even she cautions against leaving food to warm for more than two hours. I also realize that there is some flexibility with slow cooker recipes - that the chicken recipes she says should be cooked for four hours on low probably won't become inedible at seven on low...but then if, they are, it's not fair to blame the book, because we're not really following the directions, are we?

The one truly saving thing here, from my perspective, is that since you're making two meals at once, you can make them on a weekend and still have one of your weeknight meals taken care of.

Generally, though, this book is pretty obviously written for retirees or others with very flexible schedules. It's unfortunate, since there are plenty of people who are cooking for two (from young professionals to empty-nesters who are still working) who are always on the lookout for good recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are good books., March 20, 2014
I have the other one as well by the same author. These are excellent cookbooks for one or two people. The recipes are small, but you can augment them depending upon whether or not you would like leftovers. I also find this book great for my slow cooker that has several "crocks" in it. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excited to try many recipes, April 2, 2014
Really like the recipes for cooking two meals at once.
The best "cooking for two" book I have seen in years!

5.0 out of 5 stars A gift for my son for fathers day- brought a," oh wow! ", June 5, 2014
My son lives on over 1,00 miles away. I know that he bought the family a slow cooker and I was anxious to have him be a user and well as eater. So i bought him this book to aid him in being at ease with cooking for their busy life style. I watched him open it and he said"wow,how cool! As i talked with the rest of the family he was flipping through and interrupted us to say," Look at This!" I felt good about the present.

5.0 out of 5 stars The book is well written and full of useful information on the use of slow cookers, October 1, 2014
The book is well written and full of useful information on the use of slow cookers. There are plenty of recipes to try and explanations are given on menu conversions and actually cooking the particuar recipes.
The book is very well presented, and of very good quality.
It will last for years.
F S Turner

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Recipes - Helpful Author!, October 24, 2014
The recipes in this book are amazing! I had a question about quantities and cooking time and Cynthia herself responded to my email in less than 30 minutes! I'm super impressed! A must buy for those new to slow cooking and those who need to jazz up their repertoire.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use - Few ingredients - Perfect Portions - GREAT Recipes!, October 29, 2014
Tina Amberg (Colorado Springs, CO United States) - See all my reviews
Excellent cookbook!
Easy to use, easy to follow, minimal ingredients and minimal prep --
Have created about quite a few already and each one came out perfect. VERY Happy!
Portions are perfect too! HIGHLY Recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow Cooker Double Dinner for Two, November 29, 2014
Crock pot dishes..........sometimes get boring but, it's not the case with this book. Lovely ideas and twice the meals. What more could you ask for?

2.0 out of 5 stars therefore not easy to use, November 30, 2014
No photos, no index; therefore not easy to use. Haven't tried any recipes, yet.

Slow Cooker Double Dinners for Two: Cook Once, Eat Twice! (Slow Cooking for Two) by Cynthia Stevens Graubart (Hardcover - March 1, 2014)
$19.99 $13.59