Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Slow Cooking
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 17, 2012
This book has about 100 recipes. The cover says for slow cooker, oven and stove top; not all recipes can be prepared by all of these methods. There are other books that do this. There are many tips included, like; charts for converting from oven to stove top and icons on each page that give serving, prep time cooking time and settings that are needed. Only some of the recipes have pictures. There is an index listing by ingredients for the most part

It is frustrating that this book and several others that give recipes for desserts, quiches and gratins neglect to give instructions on how you can get these dishes out of a slow cooker and still have them look attractive and in one piece.
Even though there are some recipes in here for venison, rabbit and duck, many of the others are the normal recipes you can find in other slow cooker books; but, there are many standard recipes that have been converted to slow cooker use which makes their preparation easier such as cassoulet, goulash, beef bourguignon, Lancashire hotpot and kedgeree.
We have really enjoyed the spiced garlic and thyme roasted spatchcock chicken, and the spicy pork in stout. This is a book that can provide you with some of the standards, but also different recipes for the slow cooker and also some instructions for stove top and oven.
on July 28, 2012
The only other slow cooker cookbook I previously used was Donna Marie Pye's. I always thought that was a little white -trashy (everything canned, lots of ketchup). This book is more refined, like an actual chef wrote it. That said, I can't keep up with all the ingredients he uses (I just don't have star anise and cardamom pods lying around). Agree with the other reviewer that the desserts are probably to delicate to try in a slow cooker, although I have yet to try to make one.
But, all the ingredients give it a slow cooked dish, which can often be bland from so much heat, a nice amount of flavor. Even if it is very eclectic and British (think Asian subcontinent) by nature. Very good vegetable recipes, that made even my vegetable hating mother in law try some.
on February 8, 2013
I like the variety of recipes. Gave this book to my daughter who got a new slow cooker from me as a Christmas gift.
on February 7, 2013
I didn't find enough recipes in the book that I was excited to make. I had higher expectations for this book.