Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Slow Me Down
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

on March 11, 2014
This album is another strong showing by Sara Evans. I enjoy every song on this album, even the three that contain guest male vocalists, which I often dislike as sometimes the two voices just do not fit well together for me. I think longtime fans will love this album and it is an excellent starting point for someone who is interested in her music but does not know where to start. Another great starting point would be "Born to Fly."
on March 11, 2014
"Slow Me Down" is the first new album by powerhouse female vocalist Sara Evans since her 2011 release "Stronger," so she certainly took her time - but judging by the overall quality of this outstanding album, it was well worth the wait. Evans co-wrote 3 of the 11 tracks on this record, which she co-produced with Mark Bright (Reba McEntire, Lonestar), and is best described as "country-pop" (or "pop-country," if you prefer) and a real showcase of her vocal capabilities.

The power-house ballads "Slow Me Down" and "Not Over You," a cover of Gavin DeGraw's song (with harmony vocals by DeGraw himself), are straight pop songs. As are "You Never Know," "If I Run," "Sweet Spot" and "Revival," each incredibly catchy pop tunes in their own right.

"Can't Stop Loving You," a duet with The Fray's Isaac Slade, is a blend of country, pop and rock, while more straight country songs on this album are "Put My Heart Down," "Good Love Is Hard To Find," "Gotta Have You" and of course "Better Off," an outstanding country-ballad with Vince Gill.

Sara Evans is blessed with an incredible voice and with "Slow Me Down" she has delivered a very strong country-pop crossover album. All 11 tracks have the potential to become radio hits, so call it an "abundance of riches" but even after repeatedly listening to this album, it's hard to pick out real stand-out songs as they're all great. If I had to pick three, it would be "Slow Me Down," "Can't Stop Loving You" and "Good Love Is Hard To Find." Recommended to all lovers of great music, be it country, pop or both.
on April 9, 2014
If you like country/pop and Sara Evans, this is a must have album!
The outstanding title track, "Slow Me Down", sets the tone for all the following tracks in the album.
Really enjoyed this album!
on April 20, 2016
I have been a fan of Sara Evans' music since 2000. I heard her on the radio and then heard her in concert on a George Strait tour in Las Vegas. Everything about her voice, singing and videos has impressed me. This album no different. a voice as clear and welcoming to the ear as always. Her mix of contemporary country, love ballads and faith based songs brings out all the feelings I need to express. Love, love Sara Evans.
on June 17, 2014
Sara Evans never disappoints me. Since I became a fan listening to Perfect, I have purchased every album before Perfect and since. This one is as good as all the others. Sara's voice comes through loud and clear. I love her voice.
on July 11, 2016
Great CD. But as Sara continues to move further in a pop-country direction, she continues to short change he CD with only 10 or 11 songs. I miss her earlier CDs with more songs . But this is an improvement over her last disc.
While Faith Hill continues to not release any new music, I'll continue to let Sara fill that void
on March 19, 2014
This is easily Sara's best album since Born to Fly. For one thing, it's Sara doing what she does best. Her previous efforts, Stronger and Real Fine Place, often experimenting a little too much in avenues that bordered on world pop. Not this time. At the same time it's hard to describe. Sara has a very old world voice whose timbre holds up no matter what the era. In some tracks it sounds almost heavy metal (the title track), in others it's almost bluegrass. But it's all part of what makes Sara among the most important artists today. And it's also what makes her fans come back again and again. And this time, from each track to the cover itself, it's a total winner.
on May 18, 2014
Finally a collection of songs that show Sara off at her best. I remember now why I liked her so much in the early years. This is a true winner. If you haven't given her a listen for awhile do yourself a favor and check out this one!
on March 27, 2014
Hats off to Sarah with another very good CD. Saw Sarah in concert recently and the music brings the experience. A must for her fans to purchase. The music takes the 2nd or 3rd time of listening to work into your head and heart.
on April 12, 2016
This is definitely more of a pop album --- not country --- which is just fine with me. She is fantastic on this album and I love all of the songs! I will be sure to check out more of her albums. Bravo Sara!!!