Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Color: Gray|Change
Price:$15.49+ Free shipping

Our cats love this mat and it's cheaper (and probably safer) than the plug-in kind. I added a photograph to this product page, showing three of our Maine Coons (about 40 pounds of feline pulchritude) heaped together on their thermal mat. They (the mats, not the cats) are a cinch to wash, too.

If you object to cat hair on your furniture, cover your cushions with these mats. Your cats will appreciate that extra bit of reflected body heat, and you won't have so much vacuuming to do.
review image
2020 comments|484 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2009
We (or rather, our cat) has had this mat for over two years. She tends to get cold readily and usually sleeps some or all of the night with us. But the rest of the night, and much of every day, she is on the mat. So we figure it must be warming her. She really seems to like it.

The mat does make little crunching noises when she works it over with her paws before settling into it, but the crunching is not loud, couldn't wake anybody, and is actually sort of pleasant to hear, somehow slightly comical.

It's less garish than it might appear in the photo, not bad at all. After two years, the mat is none the worse for wear.

I can contrast this mat with the SnuggleSafe Heat Pad. While us humans have found that it does a good job of preheating our sheets for our feet in the winter, our cat never seemed to like it at all.

UPDATE: I originally put this review on another place where an Amazon seller has the identical product. I came back today to buy a second mat. Our cat, Bella, used the mat on "her" chair, but as the weather got colder she often chose to sleep on "our" bed, often right in the middle (I call her spot there "Kansas"), which we didn't much like as it was prudishly effective at preventing our spooning. We took her mat from her chair and put it on the bottom of the bed, in, say, south Texas, and, even though the rest of the bed offers the pleasures of a down comforter, she now sleeps down in south Texas, leaving the rest of the country to us.
review image review image
55 comments|216 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2007
We adopted a feral cat and bought this thermal mat because it can get cold in the garage (which is where she lives). It makes a tiny bit of crinkling noise when stepped on, but she wasn't bothered by the sound at all (even though she is feral and still a bit skittish). The mat is made of plush, cozy fabric and is machine washable. Our cat loves the mat and hardly leaves it on days that are a bit chilly. It seems to really work because she also has a pet bed and a bed made out of blankets in the garage and she seems to prefer her mat. Definitely worth the price.
11 comment|213 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2007
This is a wonderful item that your cat will love. I originally purchased a thermal mat from another website (more expensive with a pattern that I didn't like). My 3 cats fought over who would get to sleep on it, so I did a search and when I found this one, I ordered one for each of them. This cat mat has been such a hit with my furfaces and is such a great deal that I just ordered 3 more, for my dad, sister and a friend to give to their cats. I've seen similar thermal cat mats for $50+. The pattern that appears on the super soft side is a dark green with subtle black leopard print and the other side is black faux-sheepskin. My cats like both sides. You can throw them in the washing machine and fur doesn't stick to the smooth patterned side, which is nice. Of all of the cat beds I have purchased, including a heated window-mounted bed that plugged into the wall, this mat is my kitties' favorite thing to sleep on.
0Comment|179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2010
I have a stray, slightly feral cat that decided to take up residence on my back porch. Since the weather was getting so cold I made him a bed from a large cardboard box with 3 flaps up to stop the wind, along with a bed pillow and some blankets. He liked it but I was concerned that it was too chilly still on those 15F degree nights. For safety reasons I didn't want wires or electricity with a plug in warming mat.

I added this thermal mat on top of the bedding along with a Snuggle Safe heating disk under it to one side. He took to the bed pretty quickly with a day or two afterwards. He sleeps on it nearly every night! Outdoor Kitty is a happy kitty!

The mat is thicker then I imagined, very plush. The core has a little rustling noise when it's jostled, but it's a pretty quite rustle that doesn't bother anyone.
11 comment|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2009

review image review image
11 comment|89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2012
After years of not having a pet, I adopted a Maine Coon cat this fall and after reading the favorable reviews for this product I purchased two of them. The idea was that I would put one in the chair where he liked to sleep and one on the floor near my computer. Unfortunately, he hated them and he ended up flattening out a large paper bag to sleep on. I bought some catnip spray that supposedly would help a cat get used to a new bed. That didn't work either. You can check out my picture on this product--he sleeps fine on the paper bag. Some people said the mat is too small for a Maine Coon but so is the paper bag. I don't hate the product at all, it just doesn't work for my cat.
on December 2, 2015
I ordered one of these because it was a Black Friday deal so I thought what the hey? I put it down and wondered if the cat would even use it, the next morning I come down and my cat AND both of my dogs had squished themselves onto it. Guess I will be buying more!
on November 30, 2012
I put this in a little house I've got for my cats to use when they're outdoors but I think my cats were bothered by the crinkling sound it makes when they stepped on it. However, the opossum that sometimes comes up on the deck and eats their food looked very comfortable on it.
on March 24, 2012
My cats are really attracted to these mats and I can almost always find one of them lounging on them (I have two mats). They can be pretty picky about what they want to lay on, so I am glad I found something to help keep more fur off of my furniture.

Update 4-26-12

I wanted to note that this product also washes very well. I added a little bit of white vinegar and baking soda to my wash for extra deodorization, and I expected lots of kitty hairs to be clinging to it once it came out of the dryer. It actually came out pretty darn clean, which made me happy since pet hair is a pain to get out of bedding of any kind :)