5.0 out of 5 stars This game is AWESOME!!
Published on September 27, 2004 by Nick

3.0 out of 5 stars Great game if it wasn't so repetitive.
The first Sly Cooper was a simple cel-shaded stealth that was both easy and fun. This one, the sequel is also cel-shaded stealth based game, but this time the little levels are replaced with a few giant episodes with multiple missions within that episodes.

There are three characters that can be controlled, Bentley, a little turtle with bombs, Murray, a hippo...
Published on October 20, 2004 by sporkdude

5.0 out of 5 stars This game is AWESOME!!, September 27, 2004
This review is from: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (Video Game)
We have been playing this game as a family for the past 4 days. It is absolutely incredible. The visuals are amazing and the game is alot of fun. Some reviewers have commented on how original the game is, there is definetely some really fresh feeling parts of this game. It just feels very good overall and plays a step above other products. I like that it is a game I can play with my son and daughter definetely much more fun than watching TV. I have a recommendation for "Donald", I have a Sony XBR which is an extremely dark television, some games are almost unplayable (Max Payne, GTA, Metal of Honor) and I have not run into any of the same issues with the game being too dark - it might be your television or your cables from the back of your PS2 if you are running an Svideo cable. If you are stuck in the first area you need jump onto a drum looking thing to bounce up to the second level and then you can run down the hallway and the game starts. My son got stuck for a few minutes on that same part. You should definetely give the game a chance if you already bought you it you will not be disapppointed, we are really having a great time with it. We rent a lot of games there are very few that "stick" we are fully committed to reaching the end of this one. I like that our family can play together. My wife usually makes me play "my" games after the kids go to bed so I don't have to subject them to questionable content. I highly recommend this game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Longer and Better, September 23, 2004
This review is from: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (Video Game)
I am a REALLY big fan of the first Sly Cooper and my only major complaint was that it was too short and at points not very challenging. This is without a doubt much better. If you are having some trouble getting use to the controls, check out the original but this one is actually even more fun and well worth it!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE Sleeper Series on the PS2..., September 18, 2004
Bo (Deep in the South) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (Video Game)
While other franchises get a lot of hype and attention, Sly Cooper and his wiley band have snuck great fun and gameplay in under most folks noses. Most games have great graphics touted about them or inovative something or other... Sly 2 has great graphics, slick production values, a lot of character.. in short, to sum it up... Sly 2 has the whole package as well as the most important a game can have going for it... it's just plain FUN! You can't go wrong with this one.. pick it up and get sneaky.. you'll be glad you did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good game!, October 13, 2004
This review is from: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (Video Game)
Ok, where should I start of. Ok well this is a very good game. It also is MUCH MUCH longer than the last one. The graphics I give a 7/10, music 8/10 (you should here that song playing in dimitri's night club and when your following him, it rocks!), gameplay 10/10, and plot 8/10. Overall: 9/10. Ok now for more small things in the game that make a really good game. For one sly now walks around more like a real thief, because he ducks when he walks around, but in the first one he would just run all over the place. Making it seem less believeable. You also can now play as Bentley and Murray, so there not all cooped up in the van all day anymore. Also, the characters have lifebars now, and the henchmen are harder to knock out. So its not like one hit kills anymore. The bosses are also harder and you now actually may need to repeat the same boss over and over until you defeat them (unlike the other game). The characters now have missions, and not levels, though all of the missions take place in giant enviroments, making the clues harder to find. Some of the missions also may take a day or two to figure out or beat! There are 8 or 9 giant sized levels, which gradually get harder and harder to beat. The level are in this order: First is Dimitri's night club, then two level based on Rajan, two level on the Contessa, two levels on Jhon Bison, my personal fav, because the music and enviroments are astounding, (note the characters may run away and then you have to go to a new level to defeat them for good), and one final level based on Arpegio and a surprise character. Sly 2 also delivers a great deal of humor, even in the end credits! Sly 2 was a overall very good game, and I recommend it to everyone who likes a good adventure game with humor every now and then.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Upgrade!, October 1, 2004
Espio (Flowery Branch, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (Video Game)
This is one of the best games I has ever played.The worlds are much bigger, the moves are cooler, and you get to play as Murray, who now refers to himself as "The Murray" and Bentley along with Sly.There is this one move with Sly when he throws a bomb that confuses the enemies in the area into killing each other.It is very fun to watch.You can stealth kill and pickpocket this time. There is also a new system called the Thief Net that allows you to sell your loot for moves online.The game is longer and more complexed this time.In the game, the Clockwork parts are stolen by the Klaww gang and you have to get them back or face the thousand year old menance again.So far I am on episode eight, the last episode.This game surpasses the first one by far.Oh, and Carmilita has a new partner,who is a quadrupel-crosser.Buying this game is a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb! One of the best games this year., October 1, 2004
This review is from: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (Video Game)
This is definetely my favorite game that has been released this year. I did not play the first one but have heard that version is very good, but had issues. This game has been nothing but enjoyable since we picked it up. The graphics are some of the best I have seen, it really feels like you are playing a Disney movie. We have a 36 inch Sony High Definition TV and it looks amazing. The game play is very easy to learn yet very innovative and diverse. The characterization in this game is very well presented and done in a way where you do not feel like this is just a kids game. There are three main characters Sly the Raccoon, Benltey the Turtle and Murray a large yet strong Hippo. You get to play as all three characters, but what I like is they made it so each character has very specific strengths and weaknesses. Some games multiple characters feels like it is just a hack that has been retrofitted and it usually plays like an afterthought, these characters feel like they are very well integrated and it plays very smoothly and cleanly. There are also areas where all three characters must work together, if you have seen the commercials you sort of get what they were going for, kind of movie like heists where the characters work together but each has specific tasks. Dimitri the first boss of the game is one of the best villian characters I have ever seen in a video game. We are about 54% through the game and have put a lot of hours into it. Other people have commented that they like the game because it is "parent friendly". It really is a refreshing title, no guns, no overt violence, swearing, etc. The game play is very open so you can sort of play at your own pace and style. Very clevely crafted and very well put together. I like that I can enjoy the game as much as my 8 year old son. In the end it comes down to the game just being a lot of "fun".

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, December 28, 2004
Patrick (Wisconsin, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (Video Game)
Sly 2 is more of the same of Sly 1 which is fine with me because I love the first game. I think the first was bit better though. I could be wrong, but I think the controls were tighter in the first and the camera moved better. The game is more difficult which could either be a good thing or a bad thing. Some people like easy games.

Graphics: 5.0

Control: 4.0

Sound: 5.0

Fun Factor: 5.0

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Sequel, April 10, 2005
joedriver252 "joedriver252" (Stuarts Draft, VA United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (Video Game)
I was under the impression that "Sly Cooper and the Thevious Racoonus" failed to find a niche, since it was a bit difficult for kids, and a bit too cartoonish for older gamers. Happily, I must have been wrong - "Sly 2" is as fun as the original, with some added dimensions that add to the entertainment value of the game. The game is more "open-ended" than the original. In each level, several missions are presented - usually a couple for each of the three controllable characters - and you can choose the order in which you tackle the missions. The use of 3 characters, each with his own strengths and weaknesses, is of course new, and in general it's an improvement, although it can be more difficult to get Murray and Bentley to certain places than may be necessary. The graphics are great - if anything, they're a slight improvement over the fine look of the original.

My only complaint about the game would be the repetitive nature of some missions. At times it in necessary to do the same thing 5 or 6 times, which can make the mission rather tedious. All in all though, Sly 2 is a worthy sequel that has apppeal for gamers of all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even Sly Cooper can't hide from this much praise!, February 3, 2005
This review is from: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (Video Game)
Sly 2: Band of Thieves is a terrific example of what a video game should be, what with its cell-shaded graphics, hilarious characters, and terrific gameplay. Sly 2 plays much like an RPG, much to my liking since I heart Final Fantasy. This game also has a little bit of Splinter Cell mixed in as it involves stealth to avoid enemy encounters. The game is simple to use. Even my little sister found the controls easy to deal with. Murray and Bentley are also playable characters this time around, a treat for Thevious Racoonus veterans. The graphics are much like Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker ( I hope Sony doesn't sue me for comparing their products to Nintendo! Hee, Hee!). Also, the guys at Sucker Punch had a very original plot. Think Ocean's Eleven plus Dr. Dolittle and you've pretty much got it in a nut shell. Overall, a terrific experience. 5 out of 5!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's time for an international trip!!!!!, January 5, 2005
This review is from: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (Video Game)
You can go all around the world and defeat some of the most deadliest thugs ever.You also have sneaky moves like crawling under tables and jumping from point to point.The places you go are from egypt to france to india to the czech repulic to canada to a huge blimp.Play as either Sly,bentley,or murray.Buy this game,you'll love it!!!!!!!!!

Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Sly 2: Band of Thieves by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation2)
Used & New from: $8.97