Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - Playstation 3” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 79% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - Playstation 3
|Price:||$10.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$29.00 (73%)|
- Brand new Sly Cooper action adventure featuring Sly and his gang
- Epic boss battles, action elements, and new stealth moves provide a deep gameplay experience
- Humorous time travel storyline and engaging puzzle elements
- A variety of playable characters with unique play styles
- Purchases of the PS3 version of "Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time" include the downloadable version of the same game for PS Vita
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The critically-acclaimed Sly Cooper series returns with an epic brand new adventure for the PlayStation3 system. The pages of the Thievius Raccoonus are disappearing and Bentley, now keeper of the ancient master thieving book, must round up the gang and save the Cooper Clan legacy from being destroyed forever.
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time for PS3 is a cross buy game. If a customer buys the PS3 version, they will get a code to download the digital version of the PS VITA game. Please Note: The PS VITA version DO NOT get a code for the PS3 version
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is a single player, Stealth Action Platformer game exclusively for play on PlayStation 3. As in earlier releases in the series, the game revolves around the stealthy escapades of the raccoon, Sly Cooper, and his band of thieves. In addition, a special time-travel twist added to this iteration allows players to experience whole new levels of play, and a wealth of new characters. Additional features include: character redesigns, interactive puzzle play, epic boss battles, costumes that unlock special abilities, and amazing visuals.
Bend Time to Protect the Cooper Clan
The critically-acclaimed Sly Cooper series returns with an brand-new, epic adventure for the PlayStation 3 system. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time picks up where the 2005 PlayStation 2 release, Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves, left off. The Cooper Gang has split up, with Sly surprisingly giving up thievery for a more domestic life, and Bently being entrusted with the Thievius Raccoonus - the book that holds the history and skills of the gang. Unfortunately Bently also built a time machine, which seems to be causing the pages of the Thievius Raccoonus to disappear. As a result Sly's old pal Bentley, must round up the gang and set things right or the Cooper Clan legacy may disappear forever.
Key Game Features
- Epic boss battles, high action, and new stealth moves provide the deepest and most thrilling Sly experience to date
- Humorous time travel storyline and engaging puzzles
- A variety of playable characters await, each with their own unique play style
- Fully playable in eye-popping stereoscopic 3D
- A variety of costumes related to the Sly Cooper legacy that each unlock skills that can be used in combat
Epic boss battles.
Unlock abilities with costumes.
Addictive puzzle play.
All your favorite Sly characters.
Platform: PlayStation 3
Top Customer Reviews
Sanzaru games, for those who don't know, remastered the original trilogy for the PS3, titled "The Sly Collection". (I recommend that one to all who have only played Thieves in Time.) They did a phenomenal job on remastering the trilogy in HD. When it was announced that Sly game was going to be entirely developed by Sanzaru, Sly fans, including myself, were a bit skeptical. The last PS2 icon that was developed by somebody else was bastardized. (Jak and Daxter; The Lost Frontier. EPIC FAIL.) But Sanzaru was releasing bits of gameplay footage and it eased everyone's minds that the Sly series may be in the right hands after all. I mean, it is better than no game at all, right? The wait is over, the game has been released, and now... the review!
GRAPHICS/ENVIRONMENT: Holy crap! These graphics are insane! Running at 60FPS, the game is crisp, colorful, and the environments are more detailed than ever before. Sly and the gang have all gotten re-designed from the ground up. Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of the "new" Sly Cooper design, but it has kind of grown on me. I really don't know what they could have done any differently. Regardless, it does look like the old Sly that we know and love, so you can't ask for much more than that. There are times, where the frame rate does drop, such as a boss battle where lots of visual things are going on. It isn't enough to affect the gameplay, but it is noticeable.Read more ›
There is, however, a complaint that I have with this game: I wish I had control of Sly Cooper for greater lengths of time (ALL the time would be even better). While Murray and Bentley are cool characters, and they make for an awesome family/team, I found that I began sighing every time one of their segments began loading. When Sly is in control, this platformer can attain a certain level of "zen" as you engage in your chains of stealthy feats- leap, perch, climb, balance, strike, repeat (and the controls are identical to the PS2 games, as far as I remember- they've aged wonderfully). However, when the other characters are in control, this becomes something of a clumsy, forced platformer that left me longing for Sly's stealthy, agile ways. That's just my humble opinion- others may enjoy the segments of Sly's friends and the attempts to instill gameplay diversity, but I was always anxious to return to the thieving raccoon. And in the defense of the developer, controlling Sly's friends has always been a part of the experience, even with the original "Thievius Raccoonus".Read more ›
Gameplay and controls
- Level design is superb, some of the very best platforming segments I have seen in years
- Sly plays just as comfortably and fluid as he did in Sly 2/Sly 3, there is a slightly weighted feel added to him due to the deeper physics and it goes nicely with the platforming and climbing mechanics.
- Bentley, Murray, and Carmelita feel very developed this time around, from their missions to their gameplay styles
- Sly's ancestor's are great additions to the game, not all of them play like Sly with new abilities but each ancestor that does has an ability that adds a new dimension to Sly's gameplay.
- Sly's new costumes having their own gameplay styles is one of the best things to happen in this game, not only do they change up Sly's play but they are surprisingly a blast to use.
- New upgradable moves with the returning upgrades make taking out enemies much more enjoyable and adds a lot of depth to the combat
- Bentley's hacking mini-games are a lot more fleshed out and impressive, but there is one controlled via motion controls (usually about 30 seconds long though) that was annoying.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
BIG time waster, but I am retired so who cares. My grand children like it too, even the teenagers.Published 5 days ago by camping grandma
Not even close to the greatness of 1 and 2. And worse then the 3rd!Published 10 days ago by George & Kayla Sly
This isn't a bad game per say, but it's not the next-generation Sly Copper game I waited 8 years for.
Graphics look great. Read more
Arrived one day late, but other than that I'm really enjoying this game. The scenery and graphics are nice, especially in ancient Japan and old west. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Bill R
My son ordered this game so I am assuming he loves this!Published 1 month ago by Sherron R. Blaine-Johnson