5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfect for me
1. I received it within 3 days.
2. It is a compact monitor, very practical to use in the car.
Published on March 15, 2012 by Naz

I originally bought this monitor because it says 640x480, which is higher than the typical 320x248 resolution 3.5" monitors for rearview mirrors you get that you can also find on Amazon.

Published 23 months ago by D. Mun

1.0 out of 5 stars This LCD monitor is NOT 640x480. The specs are a lie, overpriced, knock-off product., September 12, 2012
This review is from: 3.5 Inch Small TFT LCD Adjustable Monitor For Security CCTV Camera and car DVR (Electronics)

After hooking this up to the Raspberry Pi, I can tell you quite definitely that this LCD is NOT 640x480. In fact, it is the same resolution as every other monitor on Amazon, 320x248 (Not to mention the EXACT SAME PRODUCT. I am not kidding. The plastic shell, the buttons, the stand, the plugs, it is 110% the same thing as every other Amazon 3.5" monitor from the same Chinese manufacturer). This is ONE FOURTH of the the promised pixel count. It is nowhere near the resolution that it very clearly says in the specs. The voltage and amp requirements are also unclear, even when no adapter is provided. This means you basically have to roll the dice and connect it to a random power line (which you have do splice wires for) and hope the damn thing doesn't explode while you're doing it.

Product is below-average, specs are a lie, wiring is a pain, price is higher than other apparently exact same low resolution models on Amazon. Do not buy this specific product from this specific manufacturer, you can find the exact same thing on Amazon for $8 cheaper (e.g. 3.5 Inch TFT LCD Monitor for Car / Automobile.

I am extremely disappointed in these dime a dozen manufacturers who do not bother to write accurate specs and sell cheap knock-off goods and then steal cheap knock-off copy-and-paste descriptions.

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading description, There is no audio but dual video., November 17, 2011
The title says AV RCA video sound input and the picture shows standard Audio, Video and Power conncections. There are no speakers and the Audio (white) jack is actually a second video input. Other than that it is a decent little screen. I paid a little more than similar products on Amazon because it had the audio. My first clue was that there was no volume adjustment. Then I tested, using my DVD player, to make sure. Picture was great but no sound. Other units only have the video and power so I wondered "What is the white jack for?" The description talks about auto switching between V1 and V2 with a special note about how to hook the power up. So, I put the DVR video output to the white jack. Yep, nice picture. Based on the power hookup description I'll guess that V1 is yellow and V2 is white. When V2 is powered up, then the unit automatically switches to V2. I didn't test that though. There are no brightness or contrast adjustments nor is there an on-off switch. I give it a 2 star for what it is compared to what is described. If the description was correct, I'd probably give it a 4 star since it doesn't have any video adjustment although they don't claim there is so maybe even a 5. I'm trying to replace a little 2 inch unit that has brigthness, volume, a little speaker and an on-off switch.

Oh, there are no instructions either. Just what is on the product page.

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work, July 18, 2012
Joe Man Gear (Hope Mills, NC USA) - See all my reviews
I should have read the reviews, didn't work and i'm very disapointed with it. i got what i paid for, a cheap non working peice of plastic

4.0 out of 5 stars A good "CAR" monitor!!, December 11, 2012
After reading some of the unfounded negative reviews on this LCD monitor, i had to clear a few things up! First off!! This monitor is made for your car as a back up safety monitor. There is no speaker or sound on this monitor, so dont expect any! Next! There is no power supply included with this, as the power comes from your 12 volt DC car electrical system! Next! This monitors screen will only power on when it senses a source signal from the camera or other device! I hope this helps. By the way! you can power this monitor with a "Wall Wort" 12 Volt DC .500 ma Adaptor! Take care!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfect for me, March 15, 2012
1. I received it within 3 days.
2. It is a compact monitor, very practical to use in the car.
3. It automatically switches between two cameras. It seems like 'white' input is intended for rear view camera, and yellow for front view camera. By default, the monitor displays 'yellow' input signal, however, when you shift rear gear (which should turn on the rear view camera), the monitor receives 'white' input signal and displays rear camera video. Shifting back from rear gear turns off the rear view camera and since there is no 'white' signal, the monitor switches back to 'yellow' (front) camera.
4. Could run on 9V battery (this is how I tested it since it came with no power supply).
5. The menu has options for brightness, contrast, color adjustment, rotation...
6. Would be beneficial if it had a built-in speaker, however, in the car you would probably record nothing but noise.
7. Don't know how long it will last, but so far I would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice having a menu, May 22, 2012
Frank J. Miller (Somerset, California) - See all my reviews
Works just fine for adjusting camera's. Use a 9 volt battery to power it.
Also the menu works like it should.
Makes a good picture...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Price, January 4, 2013
Very useful little device. I purchased it with a small wireless "spy camera" to watch the front yard as I had my car broken into. Its not HD or anything special just a no frills display. I'm happy I had it as it made me feel safer and helped me catch someone in the act which allowed me to stop them before I had any further property loss.

5.0 out of 5 stars As seen on the web, April 18, 2012
I actually bought this after watching a review on it on youtube. I use it as an alternative monitor for my DSLR camera.
It works great! And a 9V battery is enough to power it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, August 5, 2013
Could not get the screen to work right out of the box. Did not even come with a power supply.

4.0 out of 5 stars Monitor, March 2, 2013
works very well it is what I expected, the only thing I had problems with is plugging it into a outlet

Rate and Discover Movies