Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Small Bungalows
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 3, 2007
This is the perfect book for me. I am a big fan of Arts & Crafts homes and I love to look at home plans. This book has both. The plans have all the details one looks for in a bungalow, plus a modern open floor plan. I want to build them all.

Janice
in the Sierra
on December 23, 2007
I believe the value (value for money) to be good. I got some very neat ideas for the house we will be building from this very book. The setup of the book is high quality and the photography is awesome, the lay-out is clear and an easy read. I also need to state that some of the material has absolutely nothing to do with bungalow style interiors A (Kelly green computer room with sixty-ish style blue purple figures?)
on April 7, 2013
They clearly didn't put the effort into making the kindle version work correctly. On some pages, the text is unreadable because it's pixelated or poorly printed or fuzzy. The photos are all black and white, and thus uninspiring. Not sure if paper version is B&W or not. Some photos are broken into splices because (I'm guessing) of how thy are laid out in print version. The house plans in the kindle version are fuzzy and hard to make out. This looks like some lazy intern put the print version on a scanner and marketed it as a kindle version. Not good!
on January 25, 2010
I bought this book to add to my collection of Bungalow/Arts & Crafts architecture. It is informative, has beautiful pictures and illustrations, and is laid out in a logical format. We will be building a "new old home" shortly, and find this to be a valuable resource.
on February 8, 2008
Found this book very interesting. There were pictures and plans of the houses featured. There were also explanations of features inside and outside the houses. Enjoyed reading this book. One of my favorites
on October 1, 2008
The houses in this book were "cute". If I were building a new bungalow now, I might have found this book to be of more use to me. I am fixing up my 1929 home, and this book was almost useless. The homes in this book were more like a bungalow shell with typical run of the mill interior. I MUCH prefer any book by Jane Powell as I prefer historically correct homes.
on September 15, 2013
Useful for anyone researching Bungalow or Craftsman interior / exterior details. However, there are much better books available. This is more of the track home approach to imitating a classic design.
on April 18, 2010
The illustrations are awesome and so beautiful! I want to put them up on my wall, I love them so much! The text is just ok, tho. The illustrator makes this book worthwhile.
on May 7, 2010
This is a book about new houses with bungalow style and all modern features. Most are small only by modern standards. All are two-story, not the standard for the 1920s small bungalows in which I grew up. If you are building a new house and love bungalow style without loving bungalow lifestyle, this could be a very useful book. Do check it against books on period bungalows. A personal prejudice-- please don't put stainless steel appliances in your bungalow kitchen.
on February 11, 2009
This small book has lovely photos and is quite descriptive about the various parts of the traditional bungalow house. I was quite pleased with it.