5.0 out of 5 stars Great book
Pics are wonderful. There are many of most houses. House plans of each house. Overall the best book I've seen yet for small house plans and designing efficiency. I'm very appreciative of efficiency in a house, no matter the size.
Published 11 months ago by AK

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so small houses
This book has a few ideas for making small houses feel larger but most of the books detail houses that I do NOT consider to be small. Maybe 2000 sq ft is small to some people. Small to me is less that 1000 sq ft.
Published 6 months ago by Lisa Graham

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so small houses, February 18, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, September 23, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Small House.............a little too $$$$, April 30, 2013
This review is from: Small Houses (Great Houses) (Paperback)
It's a nice book to look at, but most of the "small house" are rather expensive which somewhat defeats the purpose of staying small.
They could have done a better job; they will not compete with Sara Susanka on details or use of space with most of these plans.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful pictures, February 3, 2014
This review is from: Small Houses (Great Houses) (Paperback)
Almost all are rural applications. It excites my imagination. The photos are truly stunning and in beautiful settings. Unfortunately we don't all have access to these types of settings. The floor plans and tips are good and thought provoking.

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat dull set of structures.., December 1, 2013
Eliot Kaplan (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Small Houses (Great Houses) (Paperback)
Many of the detailed projects aren't that interesting architecturally. I think they could have chosen a more diverse set. The image quality is also mediocre. Otherwise provides a few useful insights and floor plans concepts..

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, September 8, 2013
This review is from: Small Houses (Great Houses) (Paperback)
This was a great book on small houses. It had lots of good ideas that I loved. Thanks for the book! It also arrived quickly.

4.0 out of 5 stars So interesting and design inspiring!, June 9, 2014
This review is from: Small Houses (Great Houses) (Paperback)
I enjoyed the layout of this book and all the pictures- would like to know a bit more about certain houses (without bothering the owners) but am very interested in cost-per-foot of building and WHERE some of these houses were located- am considering building one myself, and some of these were located in areas that I am looking at. But the information supplied and photos were really interesting and I do find myself rereading the book regularly.

4.0 out of 5 stars living "small", January 19, 2014
This review is from: Small Houses (Great Houses) (Paperback)
This was a gift for a builder of beautiful spaces. Well received and enjoyed. Just a nice book to browse through for those of us who admire but don't make anything but dinner….

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book if your interested in getting the most out of the least space, January 6, 2014
This review is from: Small Houses (Great Houses) (Paperback)
My only gripe is 1,800 square feet is considered a 'small space' in this book. Beautiful pictures, floor plans, and it goes through things you need to consider when building a small space. Most of the pictures and styles seem to be taken from the west coast lifestyle (Oregon, Washington). They do cover small 'cottage' style living spaces, and up to about 2-3 bedrooms. My own personal taste though, I'm not a big fan of living on several floors, and I wish they covered small spaces spread out on one floor that weren't a mother in law suite type. But, it gave us food for thought on how to possible live in a smaller house size later on.

2.0 out of 5 stars I was disappointed at how little relevance this would have to the ..., June 30, 2014
This review is from: Small Houses (Great Houses) (Paperback)
Wish I had known in advance that this book would be considering a 2,100 sq ft home to be a "Small House". I was disappointed at how little relevance this would have to the topic of "tiny houses" I was researching

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Small Houses (Great Houses)
Small Houses (Great Houses) by Editors of Fine Homebuilding (Paperback - October 30, 2012)
$21.95 $15.46