- Take an Extra 30% Off Any Book: Use promo code HOLIDAY30 at checkout to get an extra 30% off any book for a limited time. Excludes Kindle eBooks and Audible Audiobooks. Restrictions apply. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
“…the quintessential primer for rural families who want to take a step toward independence and increase their earnings…"
Yes, you can have a prosperous farm and achieve the lifestyle of your dreams -- and farming expert Carol Ekarius will show you how. Small farms can pay big dividends, Ekarius explains, but hard work alone isn't enough: Success demands knowledge and effective management.
Ekarius's natural, organic approach to livestock management produces healthier animals, reduces feed and healthcare costs, and maximizes your profit. Through case studies of successful farmers, nitty-gritty details on every facet of livestock farming, and fascinating insights for working with nature instead of against it, you'll learn to make your farm thrive.
Small-Scale Livestock Farming will help you:
* Determine what you want from your farming life (even if your farm is simply a few backyard animals)
* Choose suitable livestock
* Understand housing, fencing, and feeding needs of livestock
* Learn about reproducing stock and caring for your animals' health
* Investigate conventional and cutting-edge market strategies
* Create a complete financial and biological farm plan
* Make decisions that are good for you, for your animals, and for your land
great for aneyone who is interested in livestock farming
eaven got lots of good info for farmers who are in the business
A pretty good read, however it throws a lot of non-livestock information in. I would have liked to see more information on stockers. When is the best time to buy? Read morePublished 13 months ago by Gary
Good read for anyone interested in raising a handful of animals. Not for the major rancher. It is very descriptive with a good foundation to learn. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Keep N It Real