Small World Be Not Afraid Expansion Board Game
|Price:||$16.09 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$3.90 (20%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- This is an expansion to Small World
- Adds depth and complexity to the base game
- Adds Barbarians, Homunculi, Pixies, Pygmies and greedy little Leprechauns
- Special powers let you leap over and take over new lands
- Allows for 3-6 players
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
Be Not Afraid is an expansion for Small World, introducing five new races and five new special powers. It also comes with a plastic container that holds all of it's pieces, as well as those for the mini-expansions Great Dames and Cursed! This set is a blend of offensive and defensive abilities.
1) Barbarians - cannot redeploy at the end of your turn, but has a base unit number of 9.
2) Homunculi - when this race is skipped a unit token (if any left) is added in addition to the normal victory coin. The base unit number is 5 but there are 15 total tokens, so this power could have significant effect.
3) Leprechauns - during redeployment place one pot of gold in any (or all) of your Leprechaun occupied regions. At the beginning of your next turn it goes into your victory pile and is worth one coin, but opponents can conquer the region in the meantime to claim the pot themselves.
4) Pixies - Base unit number is 11, but during redeploy you leave only one unit per region and hold the rest in hand until your next turn.
5) Pygmies - each time you lose a Pygmy role the reinforcement die and receive that many new Pygmies from the tray (until none left). Deploy these at the end of the current player's turn.
The special powers (all have base unit number of 4):
1) Barricade - Collect three bonus coins if your Barricade troops occupy four regions or less at the end of your turn..
2) Catapult - once per turn place the catapult in one of your occupied regions to conquer a non-adjacent region one region away for one less token than usual.Read more ›
And while it is a bit pricier than the other race expansion packs, I think it is still a great value. It's of the same excellent quality as all the others of course, but it has more races and special powers. I love the others too, the Grand Dames and the Cursed set - at this point I can't imagine being without any of them. But if you had to choose just one, the Be Not Afraid set offers more than the others.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is just an expansion so you need to buy the board game for this.
I think these races are more of the fun ones and I'm happy that I bought this. Read more
nice expansion! We also purchased the two small upgrade expansion packs to use with the original game. Read morePublished 6 months ago by DJW
Great expansion the the Small World. I have been playing with this expansion ever since I got it. The game is not the same without it.Published 10 months ago by James Klingele
Great addition to an already great game. Adds 5 races and 5 powers that are new and pretty fun. Not all are the best, but you can always leave out any that you don't want to play... Read morePublished 11 months ago by Amazon Customer
Once you punch the pieces out there is no where to store them. I also got the cursed expansion and it came with a tray I was able to use.Published 12 months ago by Joleen
This is a great addition to a great game. This is the best of the expansion sets because of the quality of new pieces, races and special powers. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Team 25