Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Small World Toys Sand & Water - 15-pc Sand Toy Set
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on April 28, 2011
These are great sand toys but the items I recieved were only similar to those pictured. Instead of having two boats, there is one boat and one truck. We have 3 "castle making" pieces and 3 animals instead of four animals and the little car and truck. I am especially disappointed that I did not get a turtle as they are one of my daughter's favorite animals. Overall they are what we needed and good for playing in the sand. Just beware that the pieces may vary.
on December 28, 2012
Only half of the items pictured where in the set that I received. The pail, watering can and the hand tools were all as pictured and included. I did not get the two boats but instead got one truck with a tiny basket inside - I guess that basket counted as a piece. I went back and looked at the description on Amazon and the fine print lists a 'rolling truck'. Well, in that case the picture should also show what you get. The 'rolling truck' has the wheels attached to the body which means that after two minutes in the sandbox, the wheels get jammed with sand and the rolling stops. Most of the sandbuilding toys were for castle building like a tower piece. I think that may be fun for some of the older kids but the little ones probably like animal shapes or other shapes that they can recognize.

The set is fairly sturdy. It does not have sharp edges or protruding plastic from the mold. Some items are very small but a good size for my 14 month old. For example, the watering can is especially tiny and only holds one cup of water. On the other hand, the hand tools have very wide handles, as wide as my little one's palm, making it hard to grip.
on May 31, 2015
I live in West Africa and we go to the beach/pool year round. We got these as a Christmas present and after 6 months, they are perfect. My son is now 18 months old. They are great for his little hands and he enjoys playing with them at the beach, pool, or bath time. My only complaint is that the sticker on the watering can came off after a few dunks in the water. I am not sure why the sticker is even there on toys that will get wet. That is still not a deal breaker for us.
on June 27, 2014
I am frustrated. I have a 1 year old daughter & searched the description of all the sand toys on Amazon. This was the only set that was rated for 12 months and up. This is why I ordered this particular set. When I received the product, it says clearly on the tag "18 months and up."

I am keeping the toys anyway. They are cute, colorful, good quality, and there is a nice variety - this is not the bendy plastic toys that you get from the dollar store. Besides, there are no other sand toys out there rated at 12 months and up, so if I want sand toys for my baby, I guess I have to go with an 18+ set.

We took them to the beach yesterday and my daughter had a blast with them! If you're considering this beach set, buy it. You won't be disappointed (knowing its age restraints).
on June 27, 2016
Our little grandson loved playing with this at the beach - but I probably would not get it again because the main thing that you play with - the funnel like thing was really not fun after a couple minutes. The other pieces were more interesting to him.
on December 1, 2014
Not what I expected. This is a regular-sized sandbox or beach play set. I was looking for smaller Kinetic Sand toys. My mistake, I should have read the other customer comments. I'll save these for my niece's birthday in spring. I still need to find a small toy set.
on February 3, 2010
This was a good purchase I think because my daughter loves it. I bought her a sand box and she is constantly playing and making up things with the sand toys. It is great. They came just in time for Christmas and in great condition. She hasn't stopped playing with them ever since.
on June 21, 2015
Bought these as a 1st birthday gift for my niece last month. Nice sturdy toys with bright colors, great variety. Wouldn't do for an older child who really wants to built something but I'll probably check back for another set next summer for this years babies. :)
on March 20, 2014
I purchased this for my son when he was 2 and he is still playing with them now at 4 years of age. I would say that this was a very good purchase. The size of these sand toys are best suited for 2-6 year olds - but hey I was even playing with them and I am no spring chicken!

There is a nice assortment of Toys and we have played with this in not only sand, but water too. If you are not into the whole "sand idea" because of the mess or certain safety issues; you can try these alternatives...

Rice / Dried Pasta
Beans
Grains / Cornmeal
Pea Gravel/ Aquarium Pebbles
Packing (Foam) Peanuts

Have fun!
on April 12, 2015
These sand/ water toys are great for my 20month old. They are smaller than regular sand toys, so if you have an older kid these might not be for you. The price was great, the colors are bright and fun. Would buy again!