4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!
The ship is BIG, my son loves it. There are many compartments in it and it comes with a bunch of pirates and other things. The sail does come off a lot but it's easy enough to put back on. Also on our ship the front piece came off a few times, so a little glue solved that.

Published on April 1, 2011 by Eric Matern

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good....but falls apart quickly!
Published on March 25, 2011 by Jessica Hoskins

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good....but falls apart quickly!, March 25, 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Small World Toys Ryan's Room Pirate Ship (Toy)
This was the best "looking" pirate ship I found when searching. My 5 year old has played with it a lot since getting it for Christmas, however, within days of receiving it, it began to fall apart. I have super glued parts back together, but if your children really love it and play with it, be prepared to do this often. The wood began chipping away, the blue "poles" around the "decks" fall out a lot, and the sail NEVER stays in place. (The sail needs a better attachment than the design calls for, so this is a design issue, more than a durability issue) Never the less, it's provided loads of fun and pretend play for my 2 little boys, so it's worth the hassle of re-gluing, but I wish it was manufactured to withstand little boys playtime. I guess I expect toys to be a little more durable than this....especially a pirate ship. Not worth the $80 I paid for it in December considering it's quality is sub-par....but it's hard to put a price on fun.

2.0 out of 5 stars I wish I chose a different pirate ship for my cihld., December 25, 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Small World Toys Ryan's Room Pirate Ship (Toy)
I ordered this ship through a friend's amazon account as my 3 year old son's "Santa Gift" this Christmas (2011). When I opened it on Christmas Eve to put together, much to my surprise, it had arrived chipped in several places. As my husband proceeded to put it together, it kept falling apart on him and the pirate flag didn't even fit in the hole at the top of the crow's nest. My son was very happy to see it Christmas morning, but after playing with it one time and having everything fall apart on him, he has gotten frustrated and it is now pushed into a corner of the room being ignored. When we get back home, we are planning on reinforcing everything on it with wood glue. Honestly, I would return it if I could...but Santa brought it, so I can't. Such a disappointment for a name great as "Ryan's Room." Some positives: the colors and size are great, and the pirate guys are fun. I really would like to talk to a Ryan's Room representative about this toy. One moment ago, as I was writing this, he tried to play with it and said, "Ohhhh, my pirate ship broke."

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy!, April 1, 2011
Eric Matern (New York, New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Small World Toys Ryan's Room Pirate Ship (Toy)

He really likes this pirate ship, and I love that it's a good wooden toy that keeps his imagination going!

2.0 out of 5 stars Won't stay together!, December 31, 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Small World Toys Ryan's Room Pirate Ship (Toy)
Our kids love this toy, so we are incredibly disappointed in its construction. The materials are sturdy; they just won't stay together. The mail sail falls off, the front of the ship falls off, the side slats fall off.

2.0 out of 5 stars wooden but..., November 20, 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Small World Toys Ryan's Room Pirate Ship (Toy)
Is a very good wooden toy.
But the pieces (sail, mast, flag, etc..)
are not convenient to fix on their places.
Good material, poor production.

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, June 17, 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Small World Toys Ryan's Room Pirate Ship (Toy)
I had high hopes for this product because it was so cute. The children loved it but it fell apart everytime they played with it. It costs too much to fall apart so quickly. It is very frustrating for the children and for me. I finally put it up on a shelf to just look cute.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful ship, but it might sink., February 10, 2011
Broc Parson (Glendale, AZ. United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Small World Toys Ryan's Room Pirate Ship (Toy)
I love good quality wooden toys. This is an adorable ship and I love all the little pirates. My son and daughter (2 & 4) have so much fun with it. However, I have had to glue several parts back together to reinforce everything. Still better than the plastic pieces of junk they make today and I would buy it again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, but broken upon arrival, June 29, 2012
Carl (Florida,USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Small World Toys Ryan's Room Pirate Ship (Toy)
Please read all customer reviews carefully before ordering. Yes, YES indeed, the little boys love pirate ships. My Grandson waited and asked everyday, "When is my ship coming in?" But, as with many other ships,-- it was broken upon arrival.... Very disappointing! However, the good news is that Amazon is working with us on this issue, as they do have the World's most centric customer service!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars not built to play with, October 31, 2013
This review is from: Small World Toys Ryan's Room Pirate Ship (Toy)
Hmmmmm . . . . not sure why they show a child playing with this BECAUSE IT SHOULD ONLY BE USED AS DECORATION. Yep, that's right -- the quality is so bad, that if your child attempts to play with it, it will collapse in a heap. But, it does look great. If it's going on a tall shelf, go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars PIRATES, December 18, 2012
This review is from: Small World Toys Ryan's Room Pirate Ship (Toy)
MY GREAT GRANDSON WHO IS FIVE AND A HALF LOVES PIRATE THINGS. I CONSIDERED THE JAKE AND THE PIRATES UNTIL I SAW THIS. HE WILL LOVE THIS FOR SURE

Small World Toys Ryan's Room Pirate Ship