on June 27, 2014
BUTTON INSTRUCTIONS:
--------------------
Hold for 3 seconds to turn on and enter standby mode; LED stays on.
Press once to take a picture; LED blinks once.
Hold for 2 seconds to start video capture; LED blinks slowly.
Press once to stop video capture; LED stays on.
Hold for 4 seconds to turn off; LED turns off.

OTHER FUNCTIONS:
----------------
Plug USB cable into camera and computer. LED Blinks fast as it is charging the battery.
Windows 7 automatically installs the driver for storage mode. Removable Storage shows up in Computer then you can access the pictures and videos.
While charging, press button once. Removable storage disappears, Windows 7 installs "Imaging devices->USB2.0 Device" webcam.
Download and run your favorite webcam software.
While charging, press button to toggle between "storage mode" and "webcam mode".

TROUBLESHOOTING:
----------------
You turn it on to standby mode, but the LED blinks fast 11 times then shuts off:
- Check that you have a Micro SD card inserted with the label (top) facing the lens. If you do, check that it's formatted for FAT or FAT32. If it is, try pressing the reset button in the front near the LED. You will need a paperclip for this. Then turn it on again. If it's still not staying on, try a different Micro SD card or charge the battery.

Change the camera time:
- Plug USB cable into camera and computer. It should be in "storage mode". Find or create the text file time.txt created on the Micro SD card and edit file and change to correct time. Example; "2012-05-01 23:59:59". Save it then unplug. Turn it on and the time will be set.

________________________________________________________________
I don't know how and why people give this a 1 star. What do you expect from a $10 micro video/picture camera?

For $10 this thing is really amazing! It's so small which is amazing, and it can record on removable Micro SD which is amazing, it has a USB connection and a built-in rechargeable battery using the USB connection which is amazing, and it records at 30 frames per second (with audio) which is amazing. The plastic casing is normal hard plastic, which is why I don't understand how some people would think that it feels cheap like a toy!?

When I first got this the battery was dead, so I had to recharge it. Then it wasn't recognizing my 1GB Micro SD card even though it was formatted for FAT or FAT32. It would turn on, then just turn off after 5 seconds later. So I pressed the reset button on the front then it was able to recognize it and created the necessary directories. The webcam mode worked as expected too.

My pictures turn out to be 1280x1024 even through the box states they should be 1280x720. Maybe it's internally 1280x720 stretched to 1280x1024 output, I'm not sure. The video is 720x480 even though the box states it should be 640x480. Again, not sure if internally it sees 640x480 and stretches it to 720x480. I just know all my AVI files are 720x480 no matter what program I use to view the file statistics. I've seen numerous specs on the resolution of this camera, so maybe there's multiple versions passing around?

I ordered 2 of these cameras on a Sunday. The first was from a China dealer. Then about 20 minutes later I ordered from a local California dealer. The CA item arrived in 3 days. While the China item arrived in only 9 days. The CA order was a retail package, it came with retail box labeled as a "Y2000 Mini Camcorder" (there seems to be a Y2000, Y3000, and Y5000 models). The China order arrived in an envelope without the retail box, but everything else included was the same. There was no CD in either shipment which was expected, as even the retail box doesn't state that it should come with one. The CD wasn't even necessary as Windows 7 found the camera and installed drivers automatically for storage mode and webcam mode. And I was able to download a free webcam program anyway, there's tons of free ones out there.

I haven't tested the length of battery time, but others have and say maybe 40 or so minutes of video? You'd have to test it for yourself.

All in all this camera is as advertised. It's cheap, small, and works. The quality is not 1080p clarity, but for the price it's a steal! This technology 15 years ago would have been $1000!!

There are better video quality cameras out there, but they are more money than this one. I've talked a coworker into buying two of these from the local seller, and those worked the same as mine.

I would highly recommend this camera to anyone.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 24, 2014
It takes perfect pictures and video when stable. The audio picks up everything in the background with respect to the immediate talks.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 4, 2014
I saw the negative reviews for this but bought it anyway. My son likes making videos of trains. It was perfect. I am a little surprised by the negative comments because for the price this is a great deal. You need to have good lighting and a micro sd card but considering I think this is a good deal.
on March 12, 2013
The photos produced are decent, although the video is as "technically" described in its manual.
The header/title implies HD in some sale cases, (it is not.) The tech specs imply a lower res... so, I was expecting the lower res that it is.

It's a bit of a misleading title (for the seller to indicate it's HD.) However, as long as you realize it's not 720X or higher, you'll know ahead of time.

The operation is dead simple (regardless of lack luster instructions.)
While it came with a CD, the CD only has instructions as a PDF and an update time bat file. I have not checked the time stamp since I ran it though.

It does have the time stamp in the lower right corner. I'm not super fond of that and havn't figured out how to shut it off, but, if I'm filming creative stuff, I'll crop it out anyhow. :)

The body size is GREAT!
I got this to place on my HOG. I don't want the cameras to stick out or look tacky.
I plan to use magnets or velcro to simply stick them in cool filming locations.

All in all, they work, are CRAZY small and I expect to get a lot of fun footage from them, HD or not. :)
1919 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 12, 2014
This little camera is awesome just unpacked it and started charging it on my laptop. For its size and price the video quality is amazing also it will take a 32gb micro sd card and will work with it. I bought it as a dash cam and a daily life cam when im in the woods i dont know what the battery life is on it but am hoping i can use it while charging it in my truck if not ill just have to buy a few more, i mean for that price its very worth it. mine came with a bunch of plastic mounts which will come in handy with my intended uses also it came with a kind of like shirt clip which will also be useful for me. But all in all the audio is crisp as well as the video and this little camera it worth the price that i paid and then some
on July 28, 2014
While this video cam is not high definition, cinema quality video, however the video quality is very acceptable. It's unique small size makes it a very usefull camera. You can attach the video cam to such things like RC Airplanes, helecopter and cars. It does not have to cost you a fortune for that kind of novelty. I find it most useful for making videos at the HO scale railroads and slot cars. Makes for an interesting perpective on that level.

One can use it as a "pet cam". See things from you dog or cats perspective.

As a spy cam, it's tiny enough to fit most anywhere. Nanny cam.

So if it is not nessessary for high def, but you want a decent video that at low cost, this may just be the video cam for you.

It cost me $10 for a mini dv cam. I bought two.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 17, 2013
the camera came safe and the packaging was perfect....but.....the quality of the photos and videos are definitely not HD....but are clear....ive have only tested it......happy with it ...for the price
on April 21, 2015
Deffinately did not receive the camera shown in photo. No dvd with camera either. Very disappointed
on April 10, 2015
Works great. A little shaky and hard to aim but if you take time to aim your shots, I bet it would work great.I brought it to school and took some pictures and videos. Would of gave it 5 stars but it didn't come with a micro SD card.
on March 10, 2015
I have made friends with a very skittish chipmunk in our backyard, whom I affectionately call Alvin - though he/she might be be Alvinette? We are not that close yet and I have seen it mate with another chipmunk - just can't tell which was which :-)

I have him crawling across and down the bricks to jump into my hand and grab his filberts/hazelnuts or pretzels. When winter hit, he was stuffing as many as 5 nuts into his cheeks before scampering off to hide them. Pecans are something he eats right in front of me, like an eat of corn.

Anyway, I want to record this event, since no one but the couple of family members he has gotten used to, have witnessed the event. So, I am seeking a small cam that I can strap to my forehead so there are not extraneous distractions to scare him away.

I have Never have been able get the Toto to hold a charge, so I am not certain if it will work or not. All the other reviews with technical assistance did not help.

Personally, I'd (and have) applied the $12 or so you are thinking of investing in this toy and go with the http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008JOLO4U/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Action Shot Camera.