Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Toto 9910600 640×480 Vga Hidden Web Camera
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Black-808|Size: F ree|Change

on June 27, 2014
BUTTON INSTRUCTIONS:
--------------------
Hold for 3 seconds to turn on and enter standby mode; LED stays on.
Press once to take a picture; LED blinks once.
Hold for 2 seconds to start video capture; LED blinks slowly.
Press once to stop video capture; LED stays on.
Hold for 4 seconds to turn off; LED turns off.

OTHER FUNCTIONS:
----------------
Plug USB cable into camera and computer. LED Blinks fast as it is charging the battery.
Windows 7 automatically installs the driver for storage mode. Removable Storage shows up in Computer then you can access the pictures and videos.
While charging, press button once. Removable storage disappears, Windows 7 installs "Imaging devices->USB2.0 Device" webcam.
Download and run your favorite webcam software.
While charging, press button to toggle between "storage mode" and "webcam mode".

TROUBLESHOOTING:
----------------
You turn it on to standby mode, but the LED blinks fast 11 times then shuts off:
- Check that you have a Micro SD card inserted with the label (top) facing the lens. If you do, check that it's formatted for FAT or FAT32. If it is, try pressing the reset button in the front near the LED. You will need a paperclip for this. Then turn it on again. If it's still not staying on, try a different Micro SD card or charge the battery.

Change the camera time:
- Plug USB cable into camera and computer. It should be in "storage mode". Find or create the text file time.txt created on the Micro SD card and edit file and change to correct time. Example; "2012-05-01 23:59:59". Save it then unplug. Turn it on and the time will be set.

________________________________________________________________
I don't know how and why people give this a 1 star. What do you expect from a $10 micro video/picture camera?

For $10 this thing is really amazing! It's so small which is amazing, and it can record on removable Micro SD which is amazing, it has a USB connection and a built-in rechargeable battery using the USB connection which is amazing, and it records at 30 frames per second (with audio) which is amazing. The plastic casing is normal hard plastic, which is why I don't understand how some people would think that it feels cheap like a toy!?

When I first got this the battery was dead, so I had to recharge it. Then it wasn't recognizing my 1GB Micro SD card even though it was formatted for FAT or FAT32. It would turn on, then just turn off after 5 seconds later. So I pressed the reset button on the front then it was able to recognize it and created the necessary directories. The webcam mode worked as expected too.

My pictures turn out to be 1280x1024 even through the box states they should be 1280x720. Maybe it's internally 1280x720 stretched to 1280x1024 output, I'm not sure. The video is 720x480 even though the box states it should be 640x480. Again, not sure if internally it sees 640x480 and stretches it to 720x480. I just know all my AVI files are 720x480 no matter what program I use to view the file statistics. I've seen numerous specs on the resolution of this camera, so maybe there's multiple versions passing around?

I ordered 2 of these cameras on a Sunday. The first was from a China dealer. Then about 20 minutes later I ordered from a local California dealer. The CA item arrived in 3 days. While the China item arrived in only 9 days. The CA order was a retail package, it came with retail box labeled as a "Y2000 Mini Camcorder" (there seems to be a Y2000, Y3000, and Y5000 models). The China order arrived in an envelope without the retail box, but everything else included was the same. There was no CD in either shipment which was expected, as even the retail box doesn't state that it should come with one. The CD wasn't even necessary as Windows 7 found the camera and installed drivers automatically for storage mode and webcam mode. And I was able to download a free webcam program anyway, there's tons of free ones out there.

I haven't tested the length of battery time, but others have and say maybe 40 or so minutes of video? You'd have to test it for yourself.

All in all this camera is as advertised. It's cheap, small, and works. The quality is not 1080p clarity, but for the price it's a steal! This technology 15 years ago would have been $1000!!

There are better video quality cameras out there, but they are more money than this one. I've talked a coworker into buying two of these from the local seller, and those worked the same as mine.

I would highly recommend this camera to anyone.
77 comments|208 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2013
The photos produced are decent, although the video is as "technically" described in its manual.
The header/title implies HD in some sale cases, (it is not.) The tech specs imply a lower res... so, I was expecting the lower res that it is.

It's a bit of a misleading title (for the seller to indicate it's HD.) However, as long as you realize it's not 720X or higher, you'll know ahead of time.

The operation is dead simple (regardless of lack luster instructions.)
While it came with a CD, the CD only has instructions as a PDF and an update time bat file. I have not checked the time stamp since I ran it though.

It does have the time stamp in the lower right corner. I'm not super fond of that and havn't figured out how to shut it off, but, if I'm filming creative stuff, I'll crop it out anyhow. :)

The body size is GREAT!
I got this to place on my HOG. I don't want the cameras to stick out or look tacky.
I plan to use magnets or velcro to simply stick them in cool filming locations.

All in all, they work, are CRAZY small and I expect to get a lot of fun footage from them, HD or not. :)
1919 comments|197 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2014
I saw the negative reviews for this but bought it anyway. My son likes making videos of trains. It was perfect. I am a little surprised by the negative comments because for the price this is a great deal. You need to have good lighting and a micro sd card but considering I think this is a good deal.
22 comments|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2015
Works great. A little shaky and hard to aim but if you take time to aim your shots, I bet it would work great.I brought it to school and took some pictures and videos. Would of gave it 5 stars but it didn't come with a micro SD card.
on January 24, 2014
It takes perfect pictures and video when stable. The audio picks up everything in the background with respect to the immediate talks.
22 comments|98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2014
While this video cam is not high definition, cinema quality video, however the video quality is very acceptable. It's unique small size makes it a very usefull camera. You can attach the video cam to such things like RC Airplanes, helecopter and cars. It does not have to cost you a fortune for that kind of novelty. I find it most useful for making videos at the HO scale railroads and slot cars. Makes for an interesting perpective on that level.

One can use it as a "pet cam". See things from you dog or cats perspective.

As a spy cam, it's tiny enough to fit most anywhere. Nanny cam.

So if it is not nessessary for high def, but you want a decent video that at low cost, this may just be the video cam for you.

It cost me $10 for a mini dv cam. I bought two.
22 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2015
Deffinately did not receive the camera shown in photo. No dvd with camera either. Very disappointed
on April 17, 2013
the camera came safe and the packaging was perfect....but.....the quality of the photos and videos are definitely not HD....but are clear....ive have only tested it......happy with it ...for the price
on October 2, 2015
I just received it. I think it is so adorable. It took me a bit of time figuring it out. But I finally got it to work. It records and takes pictures. Yes the quality is not perfect it is like when the digital cameras first came out. So to compare to the photography camera now forget it. This mini camera is crap compared to the professional ones. BUT It does work fine. It is worth the price. I think it is great for the price and size. I will place in one picture i took with it. it is a pic it took with the camera turned sideways. I am noticing it takes pics that look zoomed in a bit. I will take more pics and videos another day with it outside. And see how they are compared to indoors.
review image review image
on January 23, 2015
i am handycaped n i want to put this camera on my remote control car do u think this would work or should i look at a better if there is 1 n i realy want a camera n go pro is to expensive for me should i choose a different 1 or modle if so witch 1