Customer Discussions > Smallville: Season 6 forum

Smallville Season 1-5 on blu-ray

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 10, 2008 11:13:46 AM PDT
When will they put these on blu-ray? Who wants to have half of a show on DVD and half on blu-ray? What is the deal......

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2010 11:54:59 PM PDT
S. Walsh says:
I definitely feel you. I was trying to see how much it would cost to get all of the seasons on blu-ray for my boyfriend, but they definitely need to get the rest of the seasons on blu-ray. Blu-ray is just so much better.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 3:31:27 PM PDT
Batmanuel says:
The reason they haven't come out with season 1-5 on blu-ray is because those first 5 seasons were shot in a lower resolution hi-def. They say you wouldn't see much difference between DVD and Blu-ray for those seasons.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 3:32:30 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Mar 13, 2012 3:37:16 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 11:19:04 PM PDT
lowjak74 says:
That's bull for real they have put a lot of old stuff out on Bluray and it always looks better

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2012 1:48:06 PM PDT
WTF....are you stupid....no matter what they shot them with, it is put on a dvd, which means the maximum resolution is 720x480, so they have to upgrade it to HD using an hd scaling technology(don't ask me how, but they do, how do you explain star wars in blu ray) or if they already shot it in HD they just have to place the original video on a blu ray...if it's on a dvd, there is no way you would just "not see the difference".

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 10:27:14 PM PDT
I think your post is a little misguided. They don't use DVD's for the source material. They go back to the original film or source to make blurays. In the case of star wars it was shot on film. Film is far superior to 1080p. Low quality film like 16mm will be grainy but anything shot on decent film will look pretty decent.

Smallville wasn't filmed on film but it was filmed in HD. Albeit the quality of the first sesaon is meh. All of smallville's seasons aired on TV in HD. They still rerun in HD and Itunes sells them in HD. Season 5 was also available on HD DVD before they went to bluray for s6.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Oct 10, 2008
Latest post:  Jun 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Smallville: Season 6
Smallville: Season 6 by Tom Welling (DVD - 2007)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (357)