Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on December 8, 2010
After 3 months, all of the four lights stopped working. We contacted the manufacturer and tried all their suggestions (replace battery, charge in off position for 3 days, etc.) and nothing worked. The manufacturer said they would send new lights, but were out of any resembling what we bought. Finally, after 4 months of being told "not-in-stock, don't know when we'll get more" we gave up!
11 comment59 of 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2010
Amazon has done it again! I bought a pair of these solar lights. These solar lights are fantastic. They are lovely when used outside, but I discovered another use. I keep them on the fireplace mantle because they look so pretty! But first, I remove the top where the solar panel is and put it outside. The solar panel gets a nice strong charge and in the afternoon, I pop the tops back on the lamps and use them as night lights. Brilliant! They hold a charge for a VERY long time and look fantastic. I could not be happier.
11 comment47 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2011
I've dealt with a great deal of "solar lamps/lights" of varying quality, so I am naturally skeptical of the quality of these types of items. My main concern was the brightness of the light inside. The lamp contains a single LED light at the top, powered by one(poor quality) rechargeable AA battery. The LED itself is actually quite bright. I ran a test of giving the solar panel about 3-4 hours of sunlight per day, and the battery held enough charge to get through three days before the LED wasn't getting enough power and would shut itself off. I'm not sure how this is wired, but instead of getting dimmer as the battery power gets low, it appears to just shut off after a period of time. I replaced the battery with a Sanyo Eneloop and it has been going strong ever since. I try to keep it in the sun, but my apartment isn't in the best spot for that. That being said, putting a good rechargeable battery in there has kept it going for weeks now. Granted the LED doesn't use much juice, and the solar panel is certainly extended the life of the battery on this charge, but I have a feeling like it doesn't provide enough power to keep it going indefinitely. I may eventually have to recharge the battery with a charger, but honestly, the per-charge life this lamp will get is probably going to be very long. The pattern it throws on the floor is rather striking, though, don't expect this thing to illuminate a whole room. It's more like a very attractive night light.

Overall, I'd say this is one of the few lower-priced solar lamps that is actually worth purchasing.
review image review image
0Comment24 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2009
It took a few days to begin functioning well, but here in West Texas it charges up and shines brightly till dawn! The scroll pattern casts a beautiful design on the ground. I'm ordering another...or several!
0Comment30 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2010
We're redoing our back deck and wanted soft light for evening. These are quite lovely and they project beautiful swirled shadows on the table. Well built for the price. Would definitely recommend them.
on August 9, 2011
We just put in a patio (sorry... "outdoor living space") and were looking for some solar lighting options (no electrical outlet at the back of the house -- and I do not want an extension cord running up the stairs to my living room!). I really liked the scroll designs in the daylight. My husband, not so much, but he likes the way they reflect at night. These are a lot sturdier than you think because the base is metal. We haven't used the stake to plug them into the ground but it's a great idea! Just sitting them on the edge of the patio worked great. We charged these for three days, as recommended, and they have recharged to full brightness every day, which is really amazing here in Seattle! They remain bright all night, too! The light is not a blue as the picture indicates, which was perfect for us. I highly recommend these solar lights!
on September 26, 2009
I love this item. I see it glowing every night on my back deck and I appreciate how attractive and sensible it is. Would make a good gift, too.
on January 30, 2010
I like the light very much. One LED is enough to radiate a soft pleasant light for the dark walkway. And it consumes little energy so the light lasts late into the night. There is room for two batteries but the design utilizes only one battery: Why not using 2 batteries so the light will last until the morning or even for the rainy day.
11 comment7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 12, 2012
First, the light didn't work upon arrival. I opened it up and found one of the battery terminal wires with a broken solder connection. I was going to return but I was able to fix it. Then the light was far to dim for my needs/expectations. Was going to return it but the shipping price was quoted to be almost half cost of the product.
on August 11, 2012
This product didn't last a month. The solar panel frosted and it doesn't light up anymore. A shame since it was pretty when it worked.