Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Price:$79.99+ Free shipping

on April 25, 2011
We received this bike as a gift for our two-year-old daughter. She is very tall (beyond 97th percentile) for her age (36.5 inches at 24 months), so we all expected this bike to fit her immediately. Unfortunately, when she sits on the seat her toes *just* touch the floor. So even with shoes, there is no way she'll be confident enough to ride this anytime soon.

I'm not sure how Smart Gear can claim that this bike is for "two years to 60 lbs" when my two-year-old (literally the tallest 2-year-old any of our friends has ever seen) is too short for it.

In addition, the rear axle arrived bent and the back wheel won't freely spin. But I've contacted Smart Gear and I imagine they'll replace it without a problem. Other it seems like a solid toy.

Normally I wouldn't review this yet (since we haven't really used it), but I thought some parents would benefit from this height info...
on September 8, 2009
Cuter than the rest, and very well made, with solid wood and rubber. I prefer it to the skuut and the like a bike (both of which friends' kids have). My daughter was a bit hesitant at first to make the switch from her trike, but soon got the hang of it. We've had it several months now, and it looks like it will hold up well to wear and tear.
on June 22, 2010
Like many, we were looking for a less expensive 'wooden balance bike' for our daughter. We chose the Smart Gear model (via Amazon) because it seemed like the right choice for us. We were not disappointed! It was easy to put together, and it's holding up very well after 7 months of play. No problems with the inner tubes, just keep them filled with air. And keep the allen wrench (included) in a safe place because the nuts & bolts may need a little tightening now and then. (It would be great if couple of extra nuts & bolts were provided - since they're securing moving parts, they can loosen, fall out, and become lost). But we are very pleased with our purchase. It's been a pleasure watching our daughter gain mastery at gliding up and down the sidewalks of our neighborhood. She loves it!
A solid value, highly recommended!
on January 11, 2011
Smart gear balance bike for girls was well made, appealed to my granddaughter's feminine and athletic traits.
Her father and 2 older brothers enjoyed assembling it and teaching her how to ride. I searched a long time for a
gift for a young girl what wasn't related to being a princess, a housekeeper or a hairdresser!
on September 25, 2011
I love this bike! We bought it for our daughter's 2nd birthday... and did not measure her inseam. Now, 6 months later she is JUST barely able to reach her tipy toes to the ground when sitting on the seat. HOWEVER, that is our own fault. The bike is really cute, well-made, looks and seems durable. I love the carry handle. And Im so glad that it is girly without being pink and princess-crazy. A fun note: the small personalized license plates you can find in most novelty/souvenir shops fits perfectly on the front piece, just below the handle bars... just add a little super glue ;)
on June 18, 2013
I bought this for my 3yo who is 39 inches, and it's a nice bike. Well made, easy to put together. I had to adjust the seat pretty high up for my tall 3yo so I didn't have the problem of other reviewers that it was too big for their kids. The design is nice, not too obnoxious and not pink (which I love). I like that it's not plastic (although you have to remember to bring it in before it rains), and the tires have been fine so far (other reviews mentioned problems). The price was nice as well.
on October 28, 2014
It was so good for my 4 years old daughters.
First of all, light weight, second easy to built as DIY, third reasonable price.
That is why I recommend to my friends who interested in this bike.
When my daughters ride the bike in our town, many people asking to us "Where did you find it!! I love it".
Please try it.
I think good gift for around 3~4 years old kids.
on February 8, 2012
I originally saw this type of bike in Germany where biking is a family affair. All the little ones rode this type of pedal-less bike. I bought this one for my granddaughter and was met with rolling eyes by my daughter. Needless to say it's been two years since my granddaughter began riding it and it's definitely her favorite. She's now 4 and received a "Princess" bike with pedals for Christmas which is now sitting in the garage. She's back on her balance bike. It's now time to buy one for my grandson who will be 2 shortly. I can't say enough about this type of bicycle. Toddlers learn to balance very quickly and love to say "Look what I can do." This Smart Gear brand has held up remarkable well considering children "drop" the bike regularly after riding on it. For the price, this is the brand I will choose again for my grandson. You can't go wrong.
on January 18, 2011
We purchased this balance bike as a gift for our 3 year old granddaughter for Christmas. I was impressed with the high quality of materials and overall design. The bike came in two pieces and was easy to assemble I (grandma) was able to figure that out on my own. The tires are inflatable tube tires, pretty 'knobby' looking. There were decals decorating the bike that made it girly and unique.

The seat is adjustable which will grow with the child. It was a perfect fit for her with the seat all the way down, but know they grow so fast, that is a feature that will be utilized. While seated on the bike her feet comfortably reached the ground and she felt safe 'padding' around on it. We have not had the privilege of observing her using the bike other than when she opened it on Christmas day but know it will help her learn balance before moving on to a regular/bigger bike w/pedals.
on April 17, 2014
Cute concept - one mistake tho, and it will rot or fall apart. Left it outside one dewey night, a nice sunny day apparently didn't do what it took - handlebar rotted off, handle covers bleached in an afternoon's sun, laminate started to peel. I have brought this bike inside every night before and since. Replacement parts of all sorts can be purchased via company website - my replacement handlebars, which cost seven dollars to ship, may take up to two weeks to arrive. I think i should have gone for a metal bike instead.