CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Police Balance Bike
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 60% Cotton/ 36% Polyester/ 4% Spandex
- Police-themed, wooden balance bike with five-position adjustable seat height to grow with child
- Rubberized handle bar grips for comfort; limited steering radius to prevent jackknifing
- Pneumatic rubber tires and spoke-less wheel discs for safety
- Unique carry handle incorporated in the bike's body
- Renewable birch wood construction and non-toxic building materials; recommended for ages two years old and up
Coming in renewable birch wood with police graphics, this Smart Balance Bike lends itself to imaginative play and biking. Built for comfort, the bike features comfortable rubber grips, a cushioned leatherette seat, and a limited steering radius to prevent jackknifing. The pneumatic wheels provide a softer, more resilient ride, and are equipped with longer fill valves to make it easier to secure the pump to the tire. The spoke-less wheels are designed for greater safety--to prevent small legs from getting caught when in motion. A five-position adjustable seat with a height range from 12.5 to 17.5 inches allows the bike to grow with your child for years of use. Finally, a unique, integrated carry handle on the frame makes it easy for an adult to carry the bike to and from the car, and also allows a child to push the bike along more easily.
- Pneumatic (inflatable) rubber tires with extra long tub valves
- Spoke-less wheel discs
- Rubberized handle bar grips
- Limited steering radius
- Cushioned leatherette seat
- Unique, integrated carry handle
- Intended for ages two years old and up
- Five-position adjustable seat height--from 12.5 to 17.5 inches
- Maximum weight of 60 pounds
- Dimensions: 35 by 15.5 by 22 inches (LxWxH)
- Made from replenish-able birch wood
- Formaldehyde free glue
- Non-toxic paints and lacquer
- Carton made from recycled paper with water based ink printing
Smart Balance Bikes are made from birch wood that has been harvested from a replenish-able source. The bikes are built using formaldehyde-free glue as well as non-toxic paints and lacquer. The carton the bike comes in, is made from recycled paper with water based ink printing.
About Balance Bikes:
Traditional toddler bikes with training wheels don't necessarily train or teach a child how to ride a bicycle. The training wheels do not allow kids as much opportunity to feel the motion-propelled balance of two-wheel biking. By contrast, two-wheel balance bikes allow the child to run the bike along and learn to balance as they develop speed and confidence. As the child grows confident with their forward motion, they begin to lift their feet off of the ground and balance the bike as they coast forward. If the bike starts to fall, kids can regain their balance quickly and easily by dropping their feet to the ground.
Top Customer Reviews
What I am not pleased about is the seat. Its too wide for little legs. He said it hurt him, and stopped riding his bike. So, I had to take the whole bike seat apart, take off the seat padding, and have a woodworker friend of mine cut it down to an appropriate size using his old bike seat as a pattern. Really not happy that after I spent good money on a bike that I thought would work, I had to spend additional time/ effort/ money to "fix" the thing.
Mama of 2ToughToddlers
This bike is ideal because of the pneumatic wheels and the adjustable seat but is simple and the police design is great
I suggest this to ANY PARENT/Greandparent out there!!! BEST money you will SPEND!!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My grandson loves it. He's doing well riding it. His balance in it is amazing. He'll be ready for a regular bike before you know itPublished on November 6, 2013 by regina roderixk
I ordered this SMART GEAR SMART BALANCE BIKE along with a MELISSA AND DOUG POLICE OFFICER COSTUME SET for my grandson. Read morePublished on June 29, 2012 by Brook
This is a wonderful bike for the starter. I wish they made them in adult sizes! my kids were cruising on them and getting way ahead of mom and dad walking with them in no time! Read morePublished on November 3, 2011 by N. Mohandessi
We gave this to my son for his 3rd birthday. He's been riding it all summer. He got the whole "balance" part down the first time he rode it. Read morePublished on September 11, 2011 by C. B.