5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Little Kids
Published on March 3, 2008 by Reckless Consumer

Published on November 23, 2009 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Little Kids, March 3, 2008
This review is from: Smart Girls: Playhouse - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
My 4 year old daughter likes to sneak and play her big sister's Nintendo DS when she's at school. This is the ONLY game (we have around 20) that she can play without help. There's no reading required, and there are lots of activities (she loves the coloring) for preschoolers. Even my older daughter pulls this out to play every once in awhile. It's not a game with a storyline or goal, just a bunch of activities for younger kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Toddlers, September 13, 2008
This review is from: Smart Girls: Playhouse - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
Was not going to get any DS game for a toddler, but after my little two year old kept taking my DS and messing up my saved games when I wasn't looking, I went ahead and tried this game. Wasn't sure how it would work out but it ended up being a great purchase! Now my daughter can play her very own game without having me sit next to her to give directions. She loves being such a big girl, and tells me how she can do it all by herself.

I have my DS system set to go directly to the game, so there is nothing that she can mess up. It's great for little ones - 3 to 5 years old.

There are 12 games. For Smart Girl's Playhouse they are: Coloring, find differences, dress up, match sounds, play piano, puzzle, picture match, drawing, counting, play instruments, Lunch box, Feed hampsters, and options.
The options is just birthday (month and day) of the child and the parents. So, nothing that matters if it gets changed a dozen times.

We also have Smart Boy's Gameroom - It's the exact same games except for 3. You loose the very girly ones: feed hampster, making lunch box, and dress up. Those are changed to: car driving, train station, and exterminate monsters (which is the same concept as feed hampsters)

There is also the game: Smart Kid's Gameroom which is both games on the same cartridge. I do not need or want duplicate games, but from what I can tell, when you turn it on - it gives you the option of which game you want to play - the boy's gameroom, or the girls playhouse. So it is just the two games saved onto one cartridge.

Also, very little reading - the main words used in each mini game are: Back, Quit, Next, Redo, Done! Even at that - there's no need to read them. Its very simplified, and easy to figure out which button does what.

With playing piano, there is "record, playback, stop, quit", and in drawing, there are "stamps" and "paint". Those two extra features are the only ones my daughter struggles with - she doesn't seem to care about those features yet, so figure she'll like those extras as she grows.

Overall, they have been great games, and my daughter loves them both, and perfect for her level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my kids!, October 23, 2007
Mike Yum (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smart Girls: Playhouse - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
I just bought this game and Smart Boys for my 3 year old son and 5 year old daughter. They just absolutely love this game. I watched them play the game and saw great activities like counting and drawing. As a parent worried about the games out on the market these days, I highly recommend this title for your children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Game for very young children, January 29, 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Smart Girls: Playhouse - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
I bought this game for my two year old who was desperate to play video games like the older kids. She loves this game and would spend hours playing it I would let her. I was afraid I was going to have to play with her but she figured it out very quickly and plays all by herself. Her favorite it the paper doll game. She also likes the cat piano it still makes her laugh a month later. This game is best for young children, I think older kids would get bored very quickly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun for very young... but not sophisticated enough for my 8 year old., November 23, 2009
Amazon Customer (Upper Arlington, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smart Girls: Playhouse - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
I bought this for my 8 year old daughter because she played it, briefly, at her cousin's house and enjoyed it. After one car ride from OH to MI (4hr), she had exhausted all the matching and find-the-differences combinations (there are only like 5 or so sets of each) and was getting bored... by the end of the return trip, she was done with it for good. Should have just borrowed this one instead of buying it. Doesn't have long-lasting appeal for an 8 year old. Younger kids might enjoy the satisfaction of repeating the same puzzles over and over though, so it's probably still a good bet for a 4/5 year old.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Your Preschooler Wants to Play Your DS..., August 30, 2008
This review is from: Smart Girls: Playhouse - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
... then let them in on the action with this fun mini game collection geared for younger players. My three year old started playing this around her 3rd Birthday (it was one of her gifts) and she loved it, playing it for hours. Some uninformed family members were worried about her "wasting time" playing video games, but in reality, it is an educational title.

The mini games are varied and fun, including a "feed the hamster" pop a mole type game, a coloring section where you can color in coloring pages or freestyle draw like a simple paint program, there's matching games, musical such as a piano where you touch the piano keys on the screen, and a dress-up paper doll kind of game. The game rewards you doing well by animating the coloring pages when they are done, etc. There are more games than these, but those were the ones that held my daughter's interest the longest.

It's a fun title that is definitely for the 3-5 year age group. Children over that age are probably ready for more challenging titles and would be bored with the laidback, easy approach of this game. However, its perfect for the little one that wants to play DS like her bigger siblings (or like mom and dad).

On that note, the Smart Kid's Gameroom is a combination of both Boy and Girl "Smart" DS titles, and is even a better buy since you get almost twice as many games.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little too easy for my 5 year old, December 25, 2007
Abianna (Plymouth, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smart Girls: Playhouse - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
A cute game overall but geared toward a very young child. My 5 year old daughter received this game for Christmas and it did not hold her interest nor did it challenge her very much. Princess Peach was much closer to her level.

1.0 out of 5 stars my 4 years old girl doesn't even like it, February 16, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Smart Girls: Playhouse - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
I got a DSi for my 4 year old girl, we do long trips often, so it was perfect, I got this game for her for Xmas with the DSi. She played with the game for two days and then she din't want it anymore. The game is too simple, and just have a few games. The only one that she likes is the one that let you draw what ever you like, but theres a lot of better games that has that too. She likes game that are easy for her to play by her self, but that challenge her from time to time, so she can celebrate her new accomplishment. She knows how to count and recognize numbers since two years old, and the game is only to count till #5, so she is not learning anything new and gets bored pretty fast. I do not recommend this game. If you have a girl who is just learning to count, and colors, etc.; this is good but other wise just look something else like " Samart girls party game". Hope this review helps!

4.0 out of 5 stars simple and fun, November 2, 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Smart Girls: Playhouse - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
This is a cute easy game that kept both my 5 yr old and 7 yr old busy. It is simple for young ones to play and engaging enough to keep them entertained.

3.0 out of 5 stars Smart Girls have fun!, May 15, 2008
Angela (Layton, UT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smart Girls: Playhouse - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
There are lots of mini games that are fun. My 6 year-old get bored with it after about 10 minutes, so I think maybe girls in the pre-school age might find it more fun. There is coloring, dress-up, matching and many others.

Smart Girls: Playhouse - Nintendo DS