Smart Planet MDM-1 Mini Donut Maker
|Price:||$39.98 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Bake delicious fresh donuts in less than 4 minutes
- Easy to use and safe for even the youngest baker
- Recipe book included
- Compatible with any store bought donut mix
- Non-stick surface
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Setup is a breeze: Just plug it in and close the lid. After a few minutes the red "heating" light goes off and you're ready to go. Lift, fill the six reservoirs with appropriate batter, close, wait about three minutes and you're done. So far we have made chocolate donuts from brownie mix, and yellow and spiced apple donuts from cake mixes. All came out very nice. The cake mix-based donuts cooked a little faster than the brownie mix-based ones.
Each donut is about 2" in diameter with about a 1/2" sized hole in it. One thing that maybe is worth noting: This is a donut machine, not a donut HOLE machine. You will not get tiny-sized "Munchkins" from this machine, only tiny donuts.
TIPS: Use a pastry bag (or a plastic bag with the corner snipped off) to fill the donut molds to avoid spills on the cooking surface. (Be careful with plastic bags or with plastic pastry bag tips; don't let plastic touch the hot surface!) Before filling, wipe the bottom half of the donut molds with some vegetable oil on a paper towel. Use a wood dowel or wood toothpick to remove the donuts; the donuts will flip right out without any sticking. DON'T use cooking spray as it gets everywhere and is hard to clean up (see "the bad" below).
THE GOOD: Very fast donuts, perfectly sized for small children and as a novelty for adults.Read more ›
It is actually a little hard to burn them, as they brown nicely and don't blacken quickly. I dipped them in butter and then a sugar/cinnamon mix, and the result was delicious. Looking forward to finding more recipes!
After using for several months, I have not yet found something to dislike! I have used a couple different recipes, with very positive results. Every person who has tried them is a fan, giving me some measure of celebrity status. :) They are also great with coffee!
I made chocolate donuts that did not have a WOW factor! I am a baker so I improved the recipe by adding a little more fat, sugar and salt (of course we all love that). Now they are lighter and more tasty. Next I will try a recipe for Vanilla donuts with chocolate frosting and again I will improve the recipe.
You can make master mixes from any recipe by mixing together the dry ingredients and pack them airtight. This makes it easier to bake from scratch. There is no end to what you can bake in this machine. Great for a little sweet snack.
Use your imagination and have fun. This machine is very easy to keep clean. The donuts always come out easily. I put a tiny bit of vegetable oil in the donut wells before the first batch of 6. That is all you need to do. They pop right out using a toothpick after baking for 2-3 minutes.
It's a wonderful little donut maker. Does just what it says it will do.
Now my tips based on my usage of the little machine:
1. Do not remove the sticker on the top. It's not just hype; there's an ugly hole under there.
2. The book has only one recipe for cinnamon donuts. However, the basic recipe, I feel, could easily be modified to produce a variety of donuts by changing the spice in the mix and using a different glaze. If I come up with some yummy variations I will post them as comments to my review.
3. The book recipe produces a batter that is not very sweet. My son (23 yrs old) and I agree that the batter could be a tad sweeter. Next baking session I intend to up the batter sugar content slightly (by 1/4 cup or less -- will let you know in a comment the ideal amount of sugar after experimenting with it). Right now the batter produces a donut that without the glaze tastes like a waffle.
4. The book recipe batter is a thick batter, thicker than a cake batter but not so thick as a drop cookie batter.
4-Optional Mixing Info A: Batter mixes up very fast with a Kitchen Aid planetary motion mixer rather than a hand held or traditional mixer but don't go out and buy a Kitchen Aid mixer just for the donut maker as they are expensive ($299 when not on sale).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this to make donuts for the family without frying. We have a friend who is seriously gluten free and we've only used this for gluten free donuts so far. Read morePublished 10 months ago by RBM
Only a four here because it is difficult to get the dough in soon enough to brown them all the same. Fun to use though.Published 21 months ago by Lesley C. Richardson
I bought this for my then-boyfriend (now husband) for his birthday and he married me, so it must be good. Read morePublished on October 20, 2013 by Zephyr