5.0 out of 5 stars A book you can pick up and start using right now
Published on September 17, 2009 by M. Holmes

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot of Rackham and a lot of review
Published on November 16, 2011 by Jim R.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book you can pick up and start using right now, September 17, 2009
This review is from: Smart Selling on the Phone and Online: Inside Sales That Gets Results (Paperback)
I've read hundreds of business and sales books over the years and have developed several pet peeves. I can't stand books that are supposed to be practical but are loaded with theory and too many pages of "personal stories". If I kept just the useful parts of those books, they would only be a few pages long. In contrast, "Smart Selling" starts right off with useful tips, templates, tools and key phrases to help me deal with difficult situations. Chapter 3 on dealing with "No-Po's" is the most eye-opening sales concept I have heard about in a long time. It's really made me rethink who I'm talking to. My copy of this book is already marked up with sticky notes and tabs. It didn't take me long to read it (and I didn't get bored half-way though like I usually do with sales books), but I think I'll be referring to it over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and realistic!, September 2, 2009
Smart Selling on the Phone and Online is an invaluable tool in today's competitive marketplace. Josiane Feigon has crafted content that is immediately accessible for those who sell, be they seasoned professionals or novices. Her step-by-step method is practical in that it helps develop and refine skills necessary for successful selling. The realistic content takes the salesperson through specific sales techniques, yet also addresses various components that are essential for productivity like time management or learning how to ask questions and listen w/o making assumptions. This is a book designed for those who sell, and since everyone in business today sells in one way or another, it should be on every manager's bookshelf, every supervisor's desk and in every CEOs thoughts when selling an idea! I highly recommend it!
Sharon Marks

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly presented. Details not just concepts. You'll need two pads of sticky notes to bookmark all the great content, October 15, 2009
Nancy Nardin (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
This book is clearly written by someone who understands sales. Not just academic - but real-world sales. It can really be used as a checklist of do's and don'ts. Buy yourself a couple of sticky-note-pads because you'll want to keep this on your desk for fast reference. It's a road-map really, of what to do and what not to do. This book is at the top of the Smart Selling Tool's recommended reading list.

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot of Rackham and a lot of review, November 16, 2011
This was a good book. I took a lot from it. There are a lot of good points but it was about 85 pages too long. She ends up repeating herself. Sometimes less is more. One thing she does say in here is to write killer emails with killer subject headings. Follow up at least nine times before quitting, and make sure that your emails and phone calls follow closely to one another. I tried this and it has actually been working very well for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars The good and the bad, September 6, 2011
This book is written for internal sales or marketing people, who partner with one of more field reps.

The book does a good job explaining how to:
- quickly find out who has (or hasn't) authority and/or influence
- navigate through an organization chart
- gather sales relevant information
It focuses on these topics, rather than on truly 'selling': The proposed sales questioning technique for example is really simplistic.

On the negative side, the book lacks a clear vision, is poorly structured and incomplete:
a) lack of clear cold calling flow
b) too little value on value propositions and reference stories as teasers/door openers.
c) doesn't answer problems internal people typically face, like 'what if you get questions way beyond your knowledge, etc'.

Combine this book e.g. with Keith Rosens' book on cold calling (to cover a) and Jill Konrath's book Selling to big companies (to cover b) and you'll have a pretty complete package for internal sales people.

5.0 out of 5 stars The "Sales Bible" for any Inside Sales Professional or Manager, October 7, 2009
Bernice Fung (San Mateo, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I have read many sales books in my career and none compares from an inside sales level to Josiane Feigon's "Smart Selling on the Phone and Online". It has become hands down the definitive source for my team, and I highly recommend it to sales professionals and managers I know who are looking to sharpen key sales skills in quick, digestible bites. Josiane has mastered the concept of providing easy to read and easy to understand information in 10 simple step-by-step concepts. The format allows sales professionals to quickly reference examples and tactics from any stage of the sales process, from introducing to closing to partnering... and much more.

Every sales professional (including field sales) should own a copy and keep one on hand. There are pearls in each chapter that apply to selling in any situation.
You will not be able to put it down, and you will not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars practical help, September 2, 2009
E. safire (San Francisco, ca United States) - See all my reviews
wow... Josiane you rock...I have been to the presentations and now have finished the book...everyone in the bis should read this. your tips and insights are incomparable and the way you make it so easy to implement is a true gift...thanks and when can we get some more?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for inside sales and lead generation leaders and teams, September 2, 2009
This no-fluff book is fills a void for B2B inside sales and lead generation leaders and the people they lead. If you work in a company that has an inside sales team and wants to upgrade their skills, a lead generation team that does teleprospecting or field sales people who need to accomplish more with less travel budget, get this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a smart approach to the ever-changing world of Sales!, September 1, 2009
Sandi Bouhadana "EmaGirl" (Sherman Oaks, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I just received Smart Selling on the Phone & Online and I must say, it is perfect for my sales business. I am always looking for new and better ways to start conversations, keep prospects engaged and, ultimately, close more sales. Ms. Feigon gets to the point clearly and concisely which is all I have time for these days. I think the Tele-Smart 10 is an essential system anyone can plug into and get solid results. I'm starting to understand that I need more "sales warriors" not sales whiners! A gem of a book! Thanks Josiane!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Was Looking For., November 22, 2013
The book says it takes over 20 calls to speak to the buyer. I was looking for ways to reduce that number and did not find very many in this book. Ways to get to the buyer were what I was looking for. It really does not offer much that you can't find in dozens of other books. It really isn't much different than outside sales books.

Smart Selling on the Phone and Online: Inside Sales That Gets Results
Smart Selling on the Phone and Online: Inside Sales That Gets Results by Josiane Chriqui Feigon (Paperback - September 23, 2009)
$17.95 $13.98