5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful addition to my garden
Published on September 23, 2011 by Candace R. Thompson

3.0 out of 5 stars I guess I misread the discription
Published on July 9, 2011 by Nancy Stenske

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful addition to my garden, September 23, 2011
This birdbath is such a wonderful addition to my butterfly garden. I was especially pleased to find that the two pieces have a locking mechanism built in so the top can not be tipped off by my frequent visiting raccoons! The birdbath is very solid and worth the money. I was disappointed to find that it did not include the fountain. I had done a lot of research looking for one that included the fountain. the descriptions on these were not really clear. The picture of the green version did show the fountain. I will have to go ahead and spend more to buy the fountain.

3.0 out of 5 stars I guess I misread the discription, July 9, 2011
This review is from: Smart Solar 207104-SG 17-Inch by 24-Inch Sierra Garden Aviatra Ceramic Birdbath (Lawn & Patio)
Well, by the description which says "a solar bird bath", I thought I would be getting the pump along with the bath. It is nice and stable when assembled,but there was no pump included with the pedestal and bowl. For the price I paid, I thought that would come with it. Not! I don't recall seeing anything that says it wasn't included, but I was tired of all the searching I had already done so I may have missed it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not adapt to solar fountain AND was broken!, May 10, 2012
I have a 3 smart solar fountains - I understood that this does not come with a pump - I did NOT understand it was not convertible. Also broke immediately.

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful birdbath, May 20, 2012
This is my first in buying a birdbath and I picked a beautiful one. The blue is a very pretty.
When we put this one together, the bowl would not set level (that 's the reason for 4 stars) so we did a few modifications so that it is sitting level. After the modifications were done, I found the instructions and only then realized this birdbath could not be used outside during winter.....the instructions...frost can cause damage, we recommend storing product in a frost proof environment before temperatures drop below freezing.If I had known before ordering, I would not have ordered. I wanted one to use year round.
The birdbath holds a gallon of water.
Also this birdbath is not made to work with a pump. I bought a water wiggler (4ww) and now waiting on the birds......
All in all I am somewhat happy with this birdbath but would not have bought it ( no matter how pretty) if I had known before everything I know now.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ceramic Birdbath, June 12, 2012
First of all, the name is misleading, I thought the birdbath was solar. Secondly, I don't know what they made the connection between the top and the stand from, but it has already broken into small pieces on my bath. I think the connection is made out of a cheap plastic. The ceramic parts are very sturdy and a beautiful color, but as they are ceramic they are also very heavy. The problems comes in when you have to empty the birdbath to clean and refill it. The top has to be turned a quarter of a turn to unlock it from the base. The top is heavy on its own but filled with water is even heavier so lifting it to dump the old water out results in pressure on the plastic connection points and caused breakage of the connections. The birds and I love the ceramic bath, but the connection system needs work to be practical. I only hope it will stay together once all the plastic is broken!

5.0 out of 5 stars blue birdbath, March 3, 2012
The birdbath shipped quickly & in great condition. It is very well made and the way the basin attaches to the bottom is great (it screws on for stability). It is a very dark navy color with shading and looks wonderful in the garden.

1.0 out of 5 stars Smart Solar 207104-SG 17-Inch by 24-Inch Sierra Garden, February 3, 2013
It is gorgeous, but the birds land on it once and never again. It is a very slick surface and the birds slide and won't come back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Garden Accessory, August 4, 2013
JDP (Margaritaville) - See all my reviews
Surprisingly last spring I found both the green and blue Aviatra birdbaths at our local hardware store at half the asking price posted on this website. Its a good thing because they are not worth anything over the price that I paid. First off this is a two piece all ceramic unit. In seconds the basin screws on to the hollow base. I strongly recommend leveling the ground before placement. By no means is this a cold weather birdbath. This birdbath is not pre-drilled for pump and line placement. We picked up two API brand battery powered water agitators (available via Amazon) to keep the mosquitoes away. The agitators work perfectly. I also added an animal safe algae fighter to the water.

Since these are glazed ceramic, we added natural stones to allow a landing area for birds. With the stones added, the water capacity is 3/4 of a gallon. Apparently the birds enjoy both baths so much that they've become their favorite neighborhood watering holes. Butterflies seem to enjoy them too. Both baths are beautiful pieces that have retained their color well in the summer sun down here on the coast. When sold at the right price these bird baths are a great working, lawn decoration for the right climate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice touch, October 2, 2013
I love this bird bath. It required virtually no assembly, put top on base and twist. It is a really nice addition to my back yard and all my bird love it. Not so deep that smaller birds cannot get in the water. I set a few small smooth stones in the center of the water so they could stand on them. Would recommend this bird bath to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful BB--adds to yard decor, November 18, 2012
Kay E. Nelson (Hendersonville, NC) - See all my reviews
So far no birds have used it, but when I get food out for them, I'm sure they will use it...and also when it gets warmer outside.

Rate and Discover Movies