Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 20 questions
votes
I'm not certain about that. I think the power strip monitors the current draw from the control outlet, and if it drops below a certain amount, it triggers the shut-down. I can only suggest that you give it a try and see if it works the way you want it to. Otherwise, you can always use a different device as the control.
Nov 11, 2013 by Mason J. Rourman
vote
I believe that the TV should remain live, with the ability to turn on or off - it should act normally; anything that is turned off as a result of the TV's state will not be able to be turned on (with or without remote) unless the TV itself has been turned back on, which I think will work normally with a TV remote.
Feb 18, 2014 by Mason J. Rourman
vote
The Blue outlet is where you plug in the control unit (PC / TV). The green outlets are where you plug in the devices that uou wantr to turn off or on automatically whenver the main device (pc/tv) is turned on. The red outlets are always on, These are not controlled. Scott
Sep 1, 2014 by Scott
votes
No their is not. It doesn't matter what wattage the device you wish to use as the main (as long as it's not something crazy ie high powered tools, generators etc that will fry the power strip) when you that device is turn the internal circuitry of the power strip will send a response to the other outlets telling them to turn on. If a some or all of your device are not turning on/off at the same time their is a small knob on the side of the strip where you can adjust + or - to make them all work. Most of the time you do not need to touch this as it's very sensitive to adjustments you make.
Aug 14, 2014 by BigR428
votes
This design was made in China. I am not sure where it was designed, from the following I am guessing designed in China. ETL listed, conforms to certain UL and CSA standards. What that tells me is it is tested at 60 Hz. It has printed on the back of the strip Load 115 VAC 15 Amps 60 Hz, VPrimary LN 500V LG 500V NG 500V Based on that one would think they are saying 220V ok on primary side and 220 V 7.5 Amps load side. I use mine in USA with 115 VAC 60 Hz and it works fine. It might work in Asia. Is the freq 60Hz or 50 Hz. Choice is up to you sir or Madame.
Sep 25, 2013 by rob
votes
Lets call it 4 1/4 inches. The box is 6 1/4 inches wide.
Mar 12, 2014 by Joseph F. Klein
votes
Hello, I don't have it hooked up to a laptop so I am not sure. I have it hooked up to a fume extractor and soldering iron. You turn off one piece of equipment then the others turn off. Since the main power to the laptop is still on I think that the other equipment should stay on. Call the smart strip manufacturer.
16 days ago by Steven E.
votes
The blue is the "master" outlet that cuts power to the green outlets. The red are always on. But I have 2 lamps plugged into the green outlets and they come back on after being turned off by the master. It does what it says in that it cuts power to the green outlets when the device on the blue is turned off (in our case, the tv). So it turns off our soundbar, Xbox, etc. but then the power is restored for a time to the green outlets so the lights come back on for about 10 minutes, eventually turning off again. Depending on what you are looking for this may or may not achieve your goal.
Mar 29, 2015 by SSSV
votes
I just tried it and it does.
Jan 7, 2015 by Jim
votes
You will be fine. I'm not home but I believe the strip was 14 awg. Thicker than a pc power cord. I'm using two of these for my arcade mame machine running a 850watt psu and my virtual pinball machine running a 750watt psu. Along with the other accessories like tv's, speakers and usb hubs etc the smart strip has been great and running like a champ with no drop in voltage.
Jul 11, 2014 by BigR428
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers