5.0 out of 5 stars Used at Shelter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars skyclimber not so hot, May 5, 2009
W. Crowell (Saco, Maine United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SmartCat Sky Climber (Misc.)
This product is a disappointment. Product is unstable and wobbles. Discouraging to cats looking for solid landing. Specs say it will hold 25lbs. Any cat over 10lb would find it tough to fit on shelf. The 5" width loses 1" to backer board- end result, a 4"shelf. When I contacted Pioneer Pet as per included instructions, I got no reply for 6 days. As soon as I contacted vendor (Litterboy") via Amazon, I got immediate reply from both companies. They offered to speak to me by phone to see if I had installed correctly. It is easy to install, so no help needed and no resolution. "Litterboy" response to my request for refund was; I could have refund IF: I had original, box, packing, all parts, additionally I would be charged a 15% restocking fee. $35 for a board and a bracket that wobbles. NOT happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used at Shelter, May 22, 2011
This review is from: SmartCat Sky Climber (Misc.)
I volunteer at an animal shelter and when I read the other review, I thought I should write one too. We have 2 of these installed at our shelter where we have 80 - 90 cats so lots of different cats get a chance to use these at all hours of the day. If it were a poorly made product, believe me it would have fallen or broken by now. The cats love these and we have had no issues at all with the stability. Perhaps you just have to make sure you have a "handyman" to install it correctly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review: SmartCat Sky Climber from Amazon.com, July 6, 2011
This review is from: SmartCat Sky Climber (Misc.)
Easy to install. In fact, easy to change your mind and move to another location. We have cats of all sizes. Large and small are using it. Could be a little larger net square inches sitting area, but the cats are not complaining. I am actually going to order more, adding to the two we already have. We use them as vertical stepping shelves to a high larger shelf, as opposed to an actual sitting shelf.
I would recommend this product to anyone for this purpose in particular.
Sydney

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke first time cat jumped on it, February 5, 2012
This review is from: SmartCat Sky Climber (Misc.)
I bought one of these back in 2009 and was VERY pleased with the product, in fact, it is still in good working condition. I thought I would buy 2 more Christmas of 2011 and make a climbing wall for my cats. I was VERY DISAPPOINTED in the construction of these latest climbers. The very first time my youngest cat jumped on the first one I installed, the bottom (carpeted part) of the climber broke and almost completely fell off the wall mount (scratch post part). I took it down and tried to nail and screw the pressed wood back together, but it was no use. I hoped that the second climber I purchased would be better made, but it was just as bad as the first one. I am contacting Amazon and the seller for a full refund on BOTH the climbers I recently purchased.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply built, May 10, 2012
This review is from: SmartCat Sky Climber (Misc.)
I bought two of these and both broke within a week. The bottom part (carpeted) split from the top part. My cat is only 13lbs so this is a very poor demonstration of its 30lb supposed capacity. After back and forth emails with the manufacturer, I finally got them to send me replacement parts free of charge (not without a fight). I will update how well the replacement parts hold up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cat Nightmare, August 28, 2013
This review is from: SmartCat Sky Climber (Misc.)
The installation is fairly simple... some anchors into the wall, the bracket plate gets screwed in, and the climber hooks onto the bracket. The first problem I had was that the pre-installed screws in the climber were not even, so it would not fit properly on the bracket. So off it came and I unscrewed it, and leveled the screws, and hung it back on the wall. Even with the screws level, whole thing is not built true, but just slightly off. visually a bit annoying, but nothing major... If you have a touch of OCD or it's in a living room, it may drive you slightly insane.

The bracket that is attached to the wall is secure, doesn't move... BUT... Big problem - once hung the shelf is so wobbly my cat jumped on it, it moved a lot, she freaked out, and now wants NOTHING to do with it. AT. ALL.

The only thing I can think of to fix the wobble problem is put on an L bracket into the bottom and unto the wall to help support it. As is it is too unstable, and I'm afraid either the cat, or the whole thing itself will come down.

NOT TO MENTION, the shelf itself is small. I MEAN REALLY REALLY small. I think four of the five cats will actually be too big to fit on this thing.

Waste of money, and not worth returning. I'll probably try the L bracket idea... If I wind up taking it down it will leave huge holes in my walls which will have to be plastered... and impossible to match the paint up exactly. what a headache.

Find something else or make your own. bleh.

3.0 out of 5 stars SmartCat Sky Climber, February 29, 2012
This review is from: SmartCat Sky Climber (Misc.)
It is a good idea to have a few mounted on the wall for the cats to climb onto. Installation is easy. The platform, while attached with 2 large screws is secure, but sometimes dips. It will be helpful for a better attachment. Cats sometimes don't like to use unstable platforms they jump onto. I would like to receive any improvements that may be available.

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs more support for platform, March 18, 2013
Caryn B. Sklar (New York, NY, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SmartCat Sky Climber (Misc.)
Although this item is fairly well made, the bottom platform is only supported at one place along its edge, so it "springs" when the cats jump on/or off it - sort of like a diving board. This makes it noisy, and the cats don't seem to trust it, they are not using it. Some L-brackets might help, but they will be unattractive, which is a shame because the shelf is nice looking.

Pros: assembled and installed easily.

4.0 out of 5 stars cattitude!!, September 28, 2013
This review is from: SmartCat Sky Climber (Misc.)
Well I thought this product was a great purchase, however my cats didnt really get into it. Matter of fact I never saw them on it ever. I think it was maybe too small. it might be great for kittens or adolescent felines. I am rating it a 4 because it is well constructed, as described and because cats "choose" everything ... with cattitude!! Mine just didnt choose this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars flimsy, July 28, 2013
Vicki F. (Washington DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SmartCat Sky Climber (Misc.)
The platform nearly gave way under our 12 lb cat in his first use of the "sky climber." The sisal scratcher was securely mounted to the wall, but the platform does not attach securely and seems weakly attached to the sisal post. Great idea, but certainly not well designed from a cat perch perspective.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›