2,727 Reviews
 (2,155)

1,263 of 1,274 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Never Believed It Would Work
After reading the reviews and losing all of my security deposit (and then some) from my last apartment due to my cat's constant scratching of the woodwork, I decided to try this item. I really had my doubts about my luck with it as my cat can be very fussy about being directed to do anything like where to scratch. At 1st, as some dissatisfied users reported, my cat...
Published on February 6, 2010 by Johnny Robish

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, but my 3 cats all give it a pass
I have three cats, one of whom only likes sisal, and none of them will use it. I've put it where their favorite scratching post normally went, dangled toys over it, and although they'll trap a toy against it, none of them has the slightest inclination to scratch it. The sisal isn't the ropey stuff that normally gets wrapped around carpeted scratching posts. It's really...
Published on March 26, 2008 by J. Fuchs

‹ Previous | 153 54 55273 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Agatha Loves It!, September 11, 2014
This review is from: SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post (Misc.)
I previously got the lounging-style scratching "post," and she loved to lounge on it, but she still scratched the furniture. Once she had the SmartCat option she has left the furniture alone! She likes a good, full, vertical stretch when she scratches, and this post is perfect for that. It is stable and strong and looks fine in my living room. This post is worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy Post, July 26, 2014
This review is from: SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post (Misc.)
Worth the extra money when compared to other scratching posts! It is sturdy and does not wobble when my two large cats (15 pounds) scratch on it. Past posts have wobbled and the cat chose the sofas instead. This one is sturdy and does not scare them by shaking. Of course because of i's stability it does take a little more floor space than the traditional cheap scratching posts.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... and figured this would be a small cat post like the one my cat recently destroyed, December 16, 2014
This review is from: SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post (Misc.)
i did not pay attention to the dimensions and figured this would be a small cat post like the one my cat recently destroyed. to my surprise (especially for the relatively low price), it was quite tall. this is a great plus because it allows my cat to really stretch out and scratch, leaving very little temptation to use the couch. it's also sturdy so she can really get a good grip.

5.0 out of 5 stars but now they love it after many sessions of us using treats and ..., October 6, 2014
Laura H (Columbus, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post (Misc.)
It took our cats about 3 months to start using this scratching post, but now they love it after many sessions of us using treats and trying to get them interested. We put it on the landing by our stairs to try to get them to stop scratching the carpet which has mostly worked. We also like putting toys on the top of it hanging over the edge so the cats can try to knock them off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my new sofa...glad I bought it., October 5, 2014
This review is from: SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post (Misc.)
I put this scratching post in front of my new sofa that the cats were sharpening their claws on and little by little they started using the scratching post more than the sofa. Come to think of it, I rarely see any of my cats sharpen their claws on the sofa anymore. Yea! Very durable and it does not fall over when they use it. They love to climb up it and sit on top too.

5.0 out of 5 stars The cats love it, September 12, 2009
This review is from: SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post (Misc.)
All my cats love this scratching post. It's tall enough for them to really stretch when they use it. I often have shelter/rescue cats in addition to my own so it gets plenty of use. It has only been a couple of months, but it seems very durable and shows no wear since I got it. The base is wide so it doesn't fall over. I'm very pleased with this and highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most durable post we have owned, September 12, 2008
C. Dillman (North Yarmouth, Maine USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post (Misc.)
Best post we have used, strongly recommend. We have a very large cat who loves to stretch out, this post is much taller than others. Base is solid and large enough not to be pulled over when hanging from the top.

After a year of daily use it still looks great, well worth the initial investment.

Update - Still looking as good as new after two years of daily use.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a cat favorite, November 2, 2014
This review is from: SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post (Misc.)
All three cats use and enjoy this scratching post. It's tall enough for them to stretch and scratch (and they are all very long cats), stable enough for them to run and pounce, and attractive enough to have in the living room. After several months of 54 claws ripping daily, it's still looking unaffected. When they do finally shred this durable post, I will buy another.

5.0 out of 5 stars A little extra money is worth it!, October 26, 2010
Amanda (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post (Misc.)
This scratching post costs a little bit more than the cheaper shorter carpet scratching posts, but it's worth it because a cat will actually use this one. It's tall and sturdy and cats love the material. With the cheaper scratching posts, they are less sturdy and fall over, scaring cats from ever using it. You don't have to worry about that with this one. Cats love this!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is fantastic! Both my cats took to it instantly and ..., November 24, 2014
This review is from: SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post (Misc.)
This is fantastic! Both my cats took to it instantly and have been looking leaner as a result of all the exercise they are getting from this. My carpet and furniture has also been claw-free. Worth the price since it is incredibly durable (I have had this for 1.5 months and it looks brand new)--you'll save serious $$$ not having to replace scratching posts and furniture.

‹ Previous | 153 54 55273 | Next ›