5.0 out of 5 stars Bootsie'sbunk bed
The product ordered is exactly as advertised. It is sturdy and my cats lay on and in it all the time. They like to hang over the top and play with the toys. I would recommend to cat lovers.
Published on November 11, 2009 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR KITTENS! PLEASE BEWARE!
Published on September 12, 2012 by A. Alvarez

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FOR KITTENS! PLEASE BEWARE!, September 12, 2012
This review is from: SmartCat Bootsie's Bunk Bed and Playroom for Cats (Misc.)
BEWARE! NOT FOR CATS OF ALL AGES!!! I just had the scare of a lifetime. I got this today and within a few minutes my 6 week old kitten got her head stuck in one of the openings. She was of course freaking out screaming and twirling. After several attempts to get her out we had to rush her to the vet. It took them about 5 minutes to get her out. They had to hold her head in a specific position in order to push one ear out then the other (during this time you can hear her screaming in the lobby area). Not a pleasant experience. I included photos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bootsie'sbunk bed, November 11, 2009

3.0 out of 5 stars Which box is better?, January 4, 2010
This review is from: SmartCat Bootsie's Bunk Bed and Playroom for Cats (Misc.)
I really thought my cat would enjoy this, especially since he's a big fan of boxes. He totally ignored it in favor of the shipping box and the product box.

The quality is great. It's easy to put together, and it appears to be very durable. I just wish my cat would actually use it. :(

1.0 out of 5 stars Kitten's head got stuck in a hole, July 26, 2012
Lauren J Boudreau (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SmartCat Bootsie's Bunk Bed and Playroom for Cats (Misc.)
Warning! This toy is NOT for kittens!!! A 5 hour ordeal unfolded when my 2.5 lb foster kitten's head was stuck in the hole. It was broadcast live on my kitten cam, so people all over the world watched the poor thing struggle to get free. She is fine now, but do NOT buy this unless their heads are 1 1/2 times bigger than the size of the little holes. I didn't think any of my kittens heads' would fit in, but somehow, they managed. Here's a photo. Poor baby was so scared.
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars My kitties love this!, November 30, 2009
Kay "ekabna" (Corinth, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SmartCat Bootsie's Bunk Bed and Playroom for Cats (Misc.)
I have two 3 month old kittens and as soon as I got this set up, which by the way was extremely easy, they started playing with it. One gets inside and one gets outside and they bat at each other through the holes; they also drag the toys through the holes and play with them. Only negative-I wish the string holding the stuffed anmal was made of sturdier material-they had it cut within an hour or so. I knotted it back once and then stuck a paper clip through it when the knot also failed. This was a great purchase and my kitties have thoroughly enjoyed it so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat Loves It!, March 20, 2010
This review is from: SmartCat Bootsie's Bunk Bed and Playroom for Cats (Misc.)
This appeared as a Gold Box Lightning Deal one day, so I bought it on an impulse for my cat's Christmas. I am so glad I did. She loves "hiding" in it (although the box is not as long as an adult cat is so her nose and tail stick out) and she loves the little tassel and spider that hang on the side. When she is not playing with it she loves lying on the pillowed top, and the pillow is not only removable but has a good thickness to it.

As others have mentioned, this is easy to assemble. I had to take it apart because I put the wrong tab in the wrong slot and it took me both hands to do it, so that goes to show how securely it is fastened once the tabs are put in the slots. The wood is also thick and has a smooth, polished finish all around, so there is no rough sides to it. I was very impressed by the quality.

I will definitely buy some other items from the Smart Cat line in the future. Everyone in our household is impressed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Be careful with kittens!! omg!!, November 29, 2011
This review is from: SmartCat Bootsie's Bunk Bed and Playroom for Cats (Misc.)
I foster kittens, and I would not recommend this toy for young kittens under 2-3 months of age. Each group of kittens I fostered LOVED this item, they would spend hours playing with the toys and running through the tunnel and batting at each other through the holes. Its easy to clean and disinfect, so I thought it was perfect for my situation. I guess I never realized one of my foster kittens would actually try and stick its head through one of the holes. Furthermore, I never thought one of my kittens heads would actually FIT through the holes...but somehow one of them tried it, and it got stuck and started panicking, and then the mom cat was panicking, and then I was panicking, and there was a lot of panicking!! THANK GOODNESS I was there when it happened, thank goodness for the scruff response (it calmed the kitten and reduced the panicking) and thank goodness after about 10 minutes, I was finally able to get my kittens big a@& head out.

So yeah. I didn't have a good experience with this toy. Lol.

2.0 out of 5 stars WARNING!!!, October 21, 2011
This review is from: SmartCat Bootsie's Bunk Bed and Playroom for Cats (Misc.)
This product needs to have a big warning sign on it. It is NOT SAFE for young kittens. My 3 month old kitten got her head stuck in one of the holes and could not get it out. I read another review where the same thing happened to another person too. Luckily, I was home and had to fold her ears back first and then back her head out. Needless to say, it is in the closet until she gets older. I don't want to say all bad things about it though. My older cats love to hide inside and if you buy the topper thing they love to scratch on that too. It is great for cats...I'd say...6 months and older just to be safe. If I had not been home, she would have panicked and strangled herself to death probably. I will also be contacting the company because the product clearly says "for all ages". It should say for cats 6 months and older.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for Kittens!!!!! Great for Adult Cats!!, June 14, 2012
Linda K Long (Schaumburg, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SmartCat Bootsie's Bunk Bed and Playroom for Cats (Misc.)
I purchased this for Friends of Felines Rescue Center in Defiance Ohio, they have a ustream cam so we could watch the cats play with the toy. They had this out for the first couple of months without any problems, but then kitten season started. A kitten got its head stuck in one of the side holes and they had a very hard time getting its head out of the hole. The older cats really liked this bed/toy, but do not buy this if you have kittens!!!!!

I am writing the maker of this bed to warn them about the kitten problem, the holes should be made a bit smaller or larger to reduce the potential for stuck heads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leo loves it, March 14, 2010
This review is from: SmartCat Bootsie's Bunk Bed and Playroom for Cats (Misc.)
The bed is better than I thought it would be. Very sturdy and easy to put together. My cat was a little leary at first but now he loves it. He lays on the top bunk and uses the bottom to hide when he doesnt feel like playing with the dog. My only disappointment is that there is no bottom, but I made a thin mattress for it.

SmartCat Bootsie's Bunk Bed and Playroom for Cats