5.0 out of 5 stars great product
Published on January 7, 2010 by triskela

Published on June 3, 2011 by critters

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, January 7, 2010
This review is from: SmartCat Rooftopper for the Bootsie's Cat Bunk Bed (Misc.)
Purchased this SmartCat Rooftopper with the SmartCat Bunk Bed [ASIN:B00186SWFA SmartCat Bootsie's Bunk Bed and Playroom for Cats]]. This set is awesome: well-constructed; appealing to the cat; durable; good design; attractive. It's located in our open living/dining room/kitchen where we all (2 legged and 4 legged) spend most of our time together. It provides great interactive opportunities, and the cat plays all over it all by himself. We all LOVE it! This is a great brand of pet furniture and toys.

3.0 out of 5 stars The monsters love this, but not-so-parent-approved. edit 7/19/11, June 3, 2011
This review is from: SmartCat Rooftopper for the Bootsie's Cat Bunk Bed (Misc.)
I'm not so thrilled. The "bunk bed" lives at the foot of my bed so my baby with cerebellar hypoplasia (cerebral palsy) can have a place to snuggle in with the bottom bunk; therefore, I have to move it every week when I change the sheets. The Rooftopper only sits on top, so it tends to fall off both when I move it and when the monsters scratch. I end up getting my finger/s pinched in the hinge several times a month.

I think I'll bolt the roof to the bed with metal plates on both sides so we don't have rude little surprises from this one!

edit: 4 bolts, drilled in through the plastic jobbies that hold the roof to the house itself, work GREAT. No more pinched fingers, and metal plates weren't needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extra space for scratching and playing!, June 14, 2013
This review is from: SmartCat Rooftopper for the Bootsie's Cat Bunk Bed (Misc.)
At first, I wasn't sure whether or not to order to topper. I am so glad that I did. My cats love to crawl on top of it, scratch on it, and chase toys up and down the incline. I have not had any problems with it falling off of the bunk bed, and my cats have pushed it all over the place while running and jumping onto the surface. It is very sturdy. I would recommend this for someone who wants to give their cats some extra space for playing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Furniture Saver, October 19, 2010
Jennifer Long (NEW CUMBERLAND, PA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SmartCat Rooftopper for the Bootsie's Cat Bunk Bed (Misc.)
My cat loves to use this in place of our furniture and perches there as if he is on top of the world!

5.0 out of 5 stars rooftopscratcher, August 25, 2013
This review is from: SmartCat Rooftopper for the Bootsie's Cat Bunk Bed (Misc.)
My kitten loves it - it's a great place to jump to or from - as well as a place to hang out.

2.0 out of 5 stars poor construction, November 24, 2012
sonja green (wurtland, ky United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SmartCat Rooftopper for the Bootsie's Cat Bunk Bed (Misc.)
Roof came apart while I was putting it in place on the bunk bed portion. I had to reglue it and hope that it will survive our pudgy cat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous scratcher, September 11, 2011
This review is from: SmartCat Rooftopper for the Bootsie's Cat Bunk Bed (Misc.)
I got this because i have always heard that cats need a place to scratch thats vertical. Its what cats do in the wild and that's why my cats hit up my door frames. This is a great scratcher for them. They have almost quit scratching my door frames. I do have other scratchers but this really fits their need to scratch upright. It is really made of good quality. The only reason i didn't give it 5 stars is because the flap that you attach for the scratching could attach better. My cats love the playpen bottom to this. However my 20 lber sticks out both ends. LOL. I would recommend this and its playpen counter part to anybody with a cat who loves to scratch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but never used as scratcher, September 2, 2011
Stephanie (Silver Spring, MD, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SmartCat Rooftopper for the Bootsie's Cat Bunk Bed (Misc.)
I've had this for about 2 months, and while it looks nice and creates a cozy little space underneath the "roof", my cats have never even attempted to use it as a scratching pad. (They prefer those cheap corrugated-cardboard floor scratchers that leave little bits of cardboard shreds everywhere, go figure. Maybe I'll try rubbing this one with catnip.) There is nothing wrong with the product, but I gave it only 3 stars because it seems to have little value for the cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like....jury still out on the cat, April 1, 2011
This review is from: SmartCat Rooftopper for the Bootsie's Cat Bunk Bed (Misc.)
I like the rooftopper, however, My cat hasnt been under it for an extended time...and I had to put him there....so I will update if progress.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, September 28, 2010
This review is from: SmartCat Rooftopper for the Bootsie's Cat Bunk Bed (Misc.)
As with all Smart Cat products, this is made VERY well, and made to last! This is an excellent addition to the Smart Cat Bootsie's Bunk Bed and Playroom, it simply fits right on top of the Bunk Bed. I highly reccomend both the Bunk Bed and this Roof Topper together. Our cats love them!

SmartCat Rooftopper for the Bootsie's Cat Bunk Bed