5.0 out of 5 stars Great for large Cats!!!
This litter box is wonderful. my cat is larger than most cats he weighs at least 20lbs but he is not fat, just large. He doesn't fit in normal size litter boxes. Because of his size, in a normal litter box, he ends up hanging his butt over the edge and missing the box when he does #2 even though he is standing in the box.

My cat also likes to scrape his paws on...
Published on November 9, 2009 by Elizabeth McClure

1.0 out of 5 stars Busted Very Easliy
I purchased this expensive cat box. When it came, I liked it ok, especially the color. My cats seemed to like it ok also. I got a few uses out of it, but last week when I was cleaning it (I normally take catboxes outside and use dish soap and waterhose to clean them well) the thing busted easily, with a big hole in the side. It should have been way more durable. I wasn't...
Published on January 4, 2012 by RN & Funeral Director

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for large Cats!!!, November 9, 2009
This review is from: SmartCat Ultimate Litter Box, Blue (Misc.)

My cat also likes to scrape his paws on the rim of the litter box and it gets very loud. On this litter box however, the rim is rounded so he doesn't make noise when he scrapes his paws on the rim of the box.

i recommend this litter box to anyone with a large cat, as well as anyone whose cat also has an annoying habit of scraping the rims of the box to cover their mess.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, September 11, 2009
This review is from: SmartCat Ultimate Litter Box, Blue (Misc.)
I bought this litter box because I needed a higher box to accommodate my Kitties bathroom habits. She insists on standing up to do #2 and most times "it" would land outside the box. This litter box does the trick, but I need to find a pooper scooper that is rounded, like this litter box.

5.0 out of 5 stars My cats love it!, December 22, 2009
This review is from: SmartCat Ultimate Litter Box, Blue (Misc.)
I thought it would be bigger. It's a bit of a pain to scoop it...because of the roundness but my cats love it. That's all that matters anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great litter box..., August 16, 2010
This review is from: SmartCat Ultimate Litter Box, Blue (Misc.)
Many litter boxes have been used and discarded over the 19 year lifetime of my Siamese. This seems to be her favorite of all time. Add Precious Cat litter (also purchased at Amazon) to the box and things could only get simpler if the cat could scoop it herself:) I read all the reviews of people not being happy with having to use a square scoop as it didn't work well in this particular box, and wishing someone made a round one...well, gee folks, Amazon has a couple of really great scoops that are rounded and work really well with this box. Check them out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Blue wins the race, April 19, 2010
Lisa Zubia (BRIDGEWATER, NJ, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SmartCat Ultimate Litter Box, Blue (Misc.)
Love it ... Being that the sides are tall, my cat doesn't kick out as much litter as before. It holds more litter so he has plenty of room to dig. In the old box my cat would sometimes dig to the bottom, wet and bury it. I would then have the fun task of trying to release the lump without breaking it so not to soil the remaining litter and keep it fresh. I don't have that problem any more because of the amount of litter that this box holds. I also don't have to constantly replenish the lost litter that used to be kicked out during the burial ritual.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat!, November 17, 2010
Lillian (Phoenix, AZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SmartCat Ultimate Litter Box, Blue (Misc.)
Around 6 months ago, I bought the "ergonomic" kitty litter box, and just now set it up for my Ginger. Well, no more stuff stuck to her behind. I happened to see what she was doing right.

SHE STANDS UP ON THE ROLLED EDGE OF THE BOX, AND LETS THE POOP FALL ONTO THE LITTER! This is at a near-vertical position, so there's almost no chance of it sticking! I sure hope she continues that. She noticed how upset I was last time she had it smeared throughout the house; I even locked her out of my bedroom to keep her off the bed till she cleaned herself!

I highly recommend it...its rolled edges all around are a good deal!

ALSO, easy for me to handle it; I'm in a wheelchair. Kinda pricey, but well worth it to avoid the usual hassles of stuff dropped in the house.

*********************************************************************************

UPDATE: MY Maine Coon LITTLE GINGER DIED ON 6-30-11, from a stomach tumor complicated by FeLV...I didn't know she had it...she was only 5! I just got Savannah. After cleaning it up, I found that she also LOVES this box!

4.0 out of 5 stars Serves its purpose of keeping poo in the box, March 7, 2011
R.H. "R.H" (Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SmartCat Ultimate Litter Box, Blue (Misc.)
After adopting a new cat, we discovered she liked to poo right on the edge of the standard litter boxes, which often resulted in poo laying on the floor outside the box. I purchased two of the SC Ultimate Litter Box in hopes of resolving the problem. I also purchased this box because it was the largest high-sided box I could find, and my other cat is a big Maine Coone mix who doesn't fit well in the small boxes.

Results: This box has mostly alleviated the poo-outside-the-box problem thanks to its high sides. I do wish the font entry was slightly higher, because sometimes my cat will decide to poo there and it sits right on the edge of the box(I do use liners though)! Also, these boxes are smaller than expected. The measurements listed include the outside lip of the box, which adds an extra couple of inches of unuseable space to length and width. However, they do work and both cats have been using the boxes just fine.

In summary, the litter box does serve its purpose (in my household anyway), but I wish the boxes were a bit larger and had a slightly higher edge in the front near the entry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice cat litter box, May 23, 2011
Amazon Customer "ceilmary" (Rochester, NY, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SmartCat Ultimate Litter Box, Blue (Misc.)
I purchased this litter box when we adopted 3 young cats in February 2011. I've been using it for a few months and am for the most part satisfied with it. I like the color, it's a nice change from the standard beige box. It's a good size, and the plastic material discourages stuff from sticking on the sides. I also have a Petco extra large box that is a standard shape; I have to wash it more often than the SmartCat. My cats use both boxes, but use the SmartCat more often. The only problem is that they are very enthusiastic with their litter scratching, and with the lower front lip they do manage to spray litter on the floor if they are scratching in that direction. But that is a problem with all litter boxes I've owned, no matter what the manufacturers promise.

Overall, this box is excellent. My cats like it, it is easy to clean, and it stays clean.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good litterbox, January 19, 2011
Kat (Orange, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SmartCat Ultimate Litter Box, Blue (Misc.)
As a breeder of Maine Coons cats I have had every litter box ever made.
I was looking for a pan where the clumping litter didn't stick like cement to the sides and bottom. I most recently used the large Rubbermaid containers but they have ridges in the bottom.

The actual floor space on this litter box is NOT as large as the regular Jumbo size cat boxes, and when it arrived I was a bit surprised as it looks larger in the picture. BUT having said that, it is large enough and deep enough. I don't know what it is made of but the wet litter just slides off, no sticking to the box at all, unlike what I was using. So it is serving the purpose I bought it for. It's also $10 cheaper than jumbo litterboxes and very sturdy.
The only problem is the lower lip in the front, where litter can still fly out of it. I solved this by putting the lip against the wall. As the cats still have no problems getting in and out the higher sides, and the sides are substantially higher.
I would recommend this litterbox.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great litter box!, July 8, 2010
Finn Gal (Cambridge, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SmartCat Ultimate Litter Box, Blue (Misc.)
One of my two kittens really digs and throws the litter making the high sides a necessity. This litter box has really helped in keeping the litter contained. I also like the shape and curved edges as it is a large litter box but the design makes it easy to carry it to empty. The only con is I haven't been able to find litter pan liners large enough (for the high sides) locally. However, I can buy them on Amazon.

SmartCat Ultimate Litter Box, Blue
$35.71
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.