5.0 out of 5 stars Good spycam floodlight

Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:20 Mins
Published 10 months ago by Matt Service

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good spycam floodlight, October 24, 2010
This review is from: SmartGuard 120W 4-in-1 security system: motion activated light+camera+SD card memory+audio warning (Electronics)
I am pleased with this product and the price. I set the camera, lights, and audio to turn on/record when motion was detected except for daytime when I set it for only the camera and audio to turn on/record. It's really nice having the options of the different settings. It was relatively easy to assemble, program, and install. Considering I'm a 50-year old mother of three, I had no difficulty installing it in place of the flood light over our garage. I like the way you can position the lights and the motion sensor/camera to just about any position you want. It was also easy to remove the memory card, an allen wrench is supplied to open and close the cover, and of course a ladder was necessary since I installed it above the garage. The videos were crystal clear when I viewed them on the computer. I don't know yet if the memory card (2gb) that comes with it will have sufficient space, but so far so good.

2.0 out of 5 stars Purchased to catch people trying to break into neighborhood cars. FAIL!, October 31, 2013
Length:: 0:20 Mins

There are some "kids" going around the neighborhood checking cars if they are unlocked. When they find unlocked cars, they grab anything of value. Our car was broken into last year, which spurred the purchase of this item. I purchased this camera/light to get them on video for the cops. However, the video is not very good quality at night, and there is bad interference from the lights which made them unrecognizable from just 23 feet away!

The other down side to this camera is that you cannot select the camera to work only at night. The lights are the only part that can be set to run only at night. This is bad for us since our dog is outside during the day. I get on average, 50 videos a day of my dog running around. Since the camera records over the oldest footage, the life of the card is greatly reduced in terms of recording night time intruder footage. It is possible that burglar footage has been lost due to this feature.

I am including pictures and videos of the referenced video so you can see how poor of a job this camera really does!

5.0 out of 5 stars SmartGuard + Eye-Fi, August 12, 2012
Just installed my SmartGuard E120CA-1. All seems to be well, with so-so instructions. But things are so simple you really don't need much of that.

The problem lies here: It's a hassile every time you need to view the content on the SD card, you need to grab that funky wrench, open the access panel, remove the SD card and bring it to your computer to see the video clips. SO, I tried to be smart and stick an Eye-Fi card (Connect X2 4GB) in there, thinking I can retrive all the captured video wirelessly, and therefore no more disassembly before viewing any video. Well, it did not work. This camera is recording in ASF format, and seems like Eye-Fi is not supporting it. I understand this is not a problem from the SmartGuard itself, but are there anyone out there that have experience in dealing with this and willing to help?

Many thanks in advance.

5.0 out of 5 stars SmartGuard 120W 4-in-1 security system (WOW), February 17, 2013
Length:: 0:24 Mins

Now this is the coolest device that I have ever seen. I comes complete with everything you need. The product installs in just minutes and set-up is a snap. Packed extremely well, ships lightening fast. The product records activity so that you can review it and turn it over to the police if need be. A picture is worth a thousand words and I could write more about this product. However, incredible and amazing works just fine. Congrats to the vendor and Amazon once again. Thank you very much for a excellent product and service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent lights and camera, April 24, 2013
Good variety of settings. Takes great pictures. If you put in the batteries it will even take pictures when the power is out. If you do, check on them regularly. When I last changed them, one was beginning to leak but fortunately not enough to do any damage. Glad I didn't wait any longer. Has an audible alarm that you can cut on and off to match your preferences. Seems to be strong and well made. One shortcoming is that you have to remove the fixture to change the batteries. Some of the documentation says to leave the batteries out, but they seem to be OK if you check on them occasionally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smartguard Security Lighting Camera, February 6, 2012
Wow, I don't believe how good this product has been for the price. It came about a week ago and I installed it right away. For the price, you can't beat it. It cost about twice as much as a motion light without a camera. The pictures are very good and the light comes on at night when there is a motion too.
It was just a little confusing to set it up, but not too bad. The mounting plate wouldn't fit my existing junction box. All I needed to do is cut some of the plastic away from the mounting holes and that problem was solved. I have tried single shot, burst and video. I can't decide between the burst and the video, both are good. I downloaded the pictures directly from the camera onto my laptop with the provided cable. It couldn't have been easier. I didn't want to remove the SD card because the instructions said I had to shut off the power to do so. Shutting off the power means that you have to reset the date, time etc... I put in a new 1GB SD card that I had which may fill up in 2 weeks with all the times somebody walks by it.
No problem with that, it should just put the new pictures in the spots where the oldest ones were. If there was a burglary we would check the card before the pictures or videos were replaced. A note about SD cards, they are now selling a lot of SDHC card. They don't work in many products that require SD only. I am not sure if that is the case with the Smartguard Security Lighting Camera, just use a regular SD to be sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected., July 4, 2014
Those who said you need to put batteries in it to make it work are wrong. The batteries are only for backup in case of power outage and every function works without them. I just left them out because it is a pain to uninstall the whole unit to get to the batteries and also don't want battery juice leaking.
So far, after about a month, I checked the SD card weekly and got some nice video with audio. The picture quality is probably about 1mp or more which is more than enough for a security camera. The only con would be that at night the camera starts rolling first and about 5 seconds later the light comes on so you don't see what initally triggered the motion detector until a few seconds later.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the money, December 11, 2013
David H. (Livermore, CA USA) - See all my reviews
The field of motion could be better, but the distance it picks up motion is great. My favorite thing about this is that it actually starts recording to the SD card a few seconds before actual motion is detected so you get to "see" what was happening just before motion is detected. I've tried several of these "self-contained" systems and this one works the best. If this had a wider field of detection, I'd have given it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars I caught him in the act, October 3, 2013
Read the directions carefully twice before you program it

I got absolutly amazing video of an intruder I was trying to catch on my property
There was no denying it I showed the video to my neighbors, now that guy isn't welcome anywhere in our town

Geoffrey

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recording Data after 6 months of use, February 16, 2013
J. Roch (Florida Keys) - See all my reviews
Instructions are very sketchy. Device will not reset to obtain or get it to record. There is no customer service phone number for support. Waiting for an e-mail.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›