Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 1, 2015
Very disappointed.....
I got this for my Sylvania 13 inch Portable DVD player.
It was not tracking correctly.

First time I called to inquire about repair.. I was treated like a common criminal.
I finally received the postal sticker I needed to send the device in for repair and sent it in.
It took weeks to get it back...

I got back the Portable DVD player and it now has a second problem..
Unless I place a smaller heavy Philips DVD player on the DVD lid of the Sylvania player it will not even play.
SMART GUARD stinks... I want my money back,,, I do not trust Smart Guard and neither should you.
They need to improve their service and NOT get gritty with people with legitimate repair needs.
I did not pay money to get yelled at and treated like a liar.
DON'T USE THEM.
on November 21, 2014
Just a word of advise to anyone purchasing this, I've been trying for a week to file a claim for dvd players I bought and they keep giving me the run around, making it impossible for me to file a claim. You are better off not getting this. This company is frustrating.--finally did get the company to let me know what was going on only to find out that the manufacture's warranty is still in place and I have to go through them first. I didn't realize buying a two year plan that a year of the coverage was basically useless because of the manufacture warranty. Doesn't really make sense to have it in that case.
on March 20, 2014
It should say it doesn't cover Accidental Damage. Why else would I buy protection, cuz accidents happen. One is typing write now.
on November 15, 2014
If you want to spend a lot of time E-mailing instead of actually getting a clear answer or any kind of replacement, then this is the plan for you.
on March 23, 2014
not necessary as product already comes with warrenty. Less than half of payment was returned. I feel cheated.not what I was expecting
on April 9, 2014
This plan must be bogus, if I never get the product, it does not matter. The protection starts and then the product takes months to arrive. Maybe the smart guard should find the recorder and then get it delivered.
on May 2, 2016
This has got to be the craziest extended warranty I have ever seen. First off the customer service representative was incompetent and I am pretty sure she never even made it out of HIGHSCHOOL. I was so confused the female helping me was contradicting herself over and over ugh. We when round in circles for what seemed like an hour. Then I asked for a supervisor and wow this guy wasn't much better. It was very much so, sad , at the ignorance regerdgitated in my ears. Frustration is not even close. There are no words to their lack of respect or manners. Bummer.....
on April 8, 2014
I bought two of my kids (19 & 16) Beats headphones for Xmas, and 1 protection plan, figuring at least one of the boys will break their headphone within a two year period. Basically getting the protection for 1/2 off.
on March 19, 2014
I purchased this protection plan for an item I bought my grandson for his birthday. It's for some reversible headphones speakers that appear to be delicate. I have not used the plan but received it's validation in eMail. Great price for product protection.
on May 10, 2016
I bought headphones for my son at Christmas. The glue holding the ear piece failed and Smart Guard refused to warranty. Next time I will purchase from Best Buy. They never fail to honor a warranty and they take care of it immediately. Avoid buying electronics from Amazon.