Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on January 31, 2016
I ended up returning this warranty. If you look at the fine print the coverage is not that great. I would pay the extra money and get a protection plan from Square Trade on Amazon instead. Square Trade has a great coverage plan and their service is great.
on April 12, 2014
I purchased this item for the Toshiba. I returned the Toshiba so I called and cancelled the plan. They took care of it promply
on March 15, 2016
You should never buy protection plan from this vendor. It seems that it is the only amazon provided, but need to research. Bought a BeoPlay H3 headset, and when try to return for replacement, was given a run around. First, the online system was never updated with my order information, so I was not able to submit a claim online, then customer service was nothing but short of expectations. Supervisor claimed that even after paying for two years protection plan, I have to go to manufacture for first year, unless it is power surge damage. Learn my lesson, next time I will go to best buy or buy from a reputable store that believe in customer service. STAY AWAY FROM THIS VENDOR
on March 7, 2016
What can I say. I bought this to cover a Christmas gift for my son. When the gift broke do to a defect I was told that they would not cover or fulfill the coverage because of the nature of the defect. They told me to call the manufacturer myself. So I did and the break is covered and I am going to get a brand new product. No thanks to this protection. It may be good for some defects but let's be honest. Most products are more than covered by manufacturers warranties from defects. And quite honestly it much more pleasurable to deal with the manufacturer in this case. I will never purchase a smart guard protection product again.
on September 16, 2015
What they don't tell you? It isn't in effect for the first year, and it was unreasonably difficult for me to get a response from the people behind the plan, to tell me to contact the product manufacturer for my problem. When it came time to get an explanation of just when the plan began coverage (since this gave me the impression that I was paying for one of the two years, when I'd only get coverage from the manufacturer, who did NOT charge extra for a plan in the first place) I was unable to get anything approaching a clear answer as to what I got from SmartGuard the first year other than the privilege of enriching their corporate wallet. They left me with a very icky taste in my mouth, and I am NOT pleased to have paid for something I'm so far unable to make use of, when I NEEDED to. It is essentially two different protection plans. One year, the first year, it will only protect you from something the manufacturer doesn't cover, so their liability is nearly nil; it is the second year where it could actually do something for you. Since these two years are NOT AT ALL equal, calling it a "2 year plan" without a clear explanation up front, that coverage is minimal the first year, but more extensive the second, may justly be called disingenuous.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2016
It took me a month to register for the following reason. When they ask you for the Amazon order number, this does NOT mean the order number for the product you are trying to warranty. It means the order number for the warranty purchase. This should be a little more clear. Also, their email does not allow you cut and paste the numbers you need. Very silly.
on February 4, 2014
Nice people, good plan and price. I wound up returning the item so I didn't need the plan since there was no replacement DVD player available, and Smart Guard promptly returned my $$ for the plan when notified. I talked to someone on the phone, and they were great. I would use this service next time I buy electronics on Amazon.
on November 11, 2015
Even if your item is damaged in a way this covers and the original warranty doesn't you can't trade it in until the original warranty is over. If you try and are rejected than the Smart Guard warranty is voided. It's not expensive but it also doesn't bring much value.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2014
Ok with today's unreliable electronics one can always use a little extra coverage. The question is instead of the insurance plan,
why can't the manufactures make a better lasting product and extend the basic warranty out to 2-3 years make sense to me....
on January 7, 2014
I bought the Waurantee for a DV Vhs player the player arrived defective and was returned for credit... I asked that the waurantee ber cancled and it was done immediatly with out any problem.. So god to do business with them