5.0 out of 5 stars Protection on computer is essential
prompt service, instructions included and great to save email when you need it. Warranty is at your finger tips. Great!
Published 11 months ago by Felicia Butler

1.0 out of 5 stars Claim process unclear
I attempted to use this warranty in order to replace a faulty motherboard of my desktop. Below are some of the tribulations which ultimately forced me to purchase a new motherboard. I believe the comparable reliability of this review rests upon the fact that I (almost) underwent the full process, whereas the writers of some other reviews haven't.

First, the...
Published 6 months ago by Regina B. Lydon

1.0 out of 5 stars Claim process unclear, May 19, 2014
This review is from: 3-Year Desktop Plan ($450-500) (Personal Computers)

First, the information and instructions are frustratingly manifold and inconsistent. The e-mail sent says, "Log into [...] locate contract and file claim online". Whether that was telling me to log into the website and consequently find a contract was unclear, but it didn't matter since there was none to be found. Then the "file claim online" portion seems reliable, but it was impossible for reasons upon which I will elaborate, because I took a step before these instructions, as per the -other- instructions in the e-mail.
In accordance with those, I registered my protection plan, filling out the necessary information. No further guidance was provided, and I wasted plenty of time clicking various links that all directed me to the same page after making me repeat the two confirmation numbers.
Assuming, then, that it was time to file a claim, I clicked the corresponding link on the homepage. I was asked to log in, and had to create an account, which I find unnecessary since there's already secure PINs and such. After logging in with my new account, I was presented with an empty list of protection plans, so I needed to create a new one. I put in the information of the one I already registered, as requested, and was brought to the page in which I viewed it. But, in contrast to what one might expect, that did not actually connect that registered plan with my account. I went back to my account (having to log in again each time), and saw it still empty of plans. Several more attempts with subtle variation brought no success. I then tried the option to search an already registered plan; I entered the information, but no plans were found. The form offered little room for discrepancy, but I tried every conceivable input to no avail.
With no other option, I used customer support. I explained the circumstances succinctly, and received an e-mail approximately ten minutes afterward. Complying with the reminiscently vague instructions requested in the e-mail, I waited for the next response. It came fifty minutes later, and the content of these second instructions felt quite hopeless. Seeing that the progress made in this exchange would not theoretically solve my problem in any reasonable amount of time, coupled with the fact that it's quite important to have my personal computer in working condition soon (especially bearing in mind that no convenient information was provided concerning the time and definite means by which it would be repaired), I then decided to ignore the warranty and purchase my replacements instead.

Ubiquitous throughout this process were cases of simply incompetent design. Although it may not concern some people, typos were easily perceivable in the e-mails and on the website despite the relative shortness of all instructions. The website is subject to numerous aggravating flaws; nearly every link is one more tedious request to log in. Many links direct the user to the same page. The "Submit Query" refreshes the same page.

This warranty appears financially viable, but when taking into consideration the unfavorable probability by which one's product will actually be repaired, it certainly is not. I do not recommend this for anybody.

3.0 out of 5 stars PC Maintenance Plan, November 13, 2013
Walter Parrill (Collinsville, Illinois, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3-Year Desktop Plan ($450-500) (Personal Computers)
The price is reasonable however I expected some documentation on what is required to file a claim (get a parts repair or replacement if necessary. I saw no useable documentation included with this protection plan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Protection on computer is essential, December 20, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 4, 2014
This review is from: 3-Year Desktop Plan ($450-500) (Personal Computers)
Great add on to my computer. Great value

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind:, November 25, 2014
Great protection plan.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's an extended warranty, June 19, 2014
gordon jerome (MINNEAPOLIS, MN, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3-Year Desktop Plan ($450-500) (Personal Computers)
Have not had to use this product yet, and to be honest hope I never will but at least I know it will be covered well if needed

1.0 out of 5 stars Item was not purchased, April 16, 2014
This review is from: 3-Year Desktop Plan ($450-500) (Personal Computers)
The desktop Plan was cancelled due to the fact that the Lenovo Desktop computer order was cancelled. The warranty only covered the Lenovo computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Kicks Butt!!!, March 28, 2014
This review is from: 3-Year Desktop Plan ($450-500) (Personal Computers)
Awesome plan for the price and it covers everything so no worries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I recommend this to anyone thats gonna spend some money on a PC!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Smart Guard 3-Year Computer Protection Plan, May 13, 2014
This review is from: 3-Year Desktop Plan ($450-500) (Personal Computers)
It's a computer insurance plan for my recent purchase. Can't really say much more since I hope I never have to use it.

4.0 out of 5 stars good plan, April 22, 2014
Gerry (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3-Year Desktop Plan ($450-500) (Personal Computers)
have not used this plan, but I believe it will come in handy if anything goes wrong, good purchase in my mind

3-Year Desktop Plan ($450-500)
$15.49