5.0 out of 5 stars Plan
How can you rate a protection plan until you have to use it. It all looks good on paper, but time will tell.
Published 10 months ago by Carolyn Thompson

I bought an expensive pair of headphones by Bose, and just on a whim bought the 3-year Smart Guard Plan. I had no intention of leaving a review, since how can a person "review" or rate something if they haven't used it? However, I see many 5-star reviews here that are exactly that.

Published 8 months ago by James Dylan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars How can I give a rating if I haven't used it? Doesn't seem to be a problem for other people., April 28, 2014
This review is from: 3-Year Electronics Plan ($250-300) (Electronics)

Well, my product arrived, and following directions, I went online and registered the headphones to the Smart Guard. Easy enough, I thought. After I hit the enter button, I was directed here, to the Amazon page, to "rate" the product. I was a little suprised, and it seemed a little unethical to rate something like this that I hadn't used yet. So, I ignored their request and went on with my life.

The next day, however, I received an email with the title "Your April Smart Guard Update!". I thought it was a confirmaiton of my registration, something like that. "An Update?" I thought to myself... Well, I clicked on the email and saw it was nothing but spam. It was spam telling me to buy another Smart Guard plan for other things I may own. If there was an "update" in the email, I failed to see it. So it seems, that in signing up for Smart Guard, you also "opt-in" to being spammed by Smart Guard, and not only that, but they used a misleading email subject line in order to get me to open the email.

I was so pi$$ed by this, I decided to follow them up on their offer to "rate" their product. Hey, if all those other customers can leave a 5-star rating after simply buying the plan, then I should be allowed for leaving a 1-star. However, in my case, I actually have a reason behind it; being spammed and having to go through a process to remove my name from their spam list.

--------------------------------------------------

Update: Alright, I was a little mad when I wrote the review, but still; it is about my experience in simply buying the plan, and I still stand behind my amusement at people leaving 5-star reviews for an insurance plan they haven't even used yet. Honestly, the only reviews regarding this product and company should only be from customers who had to use the product and the experience, not from people who only bought it. That's like buying a new car and having it delivered to your house, never driving it, but telling everyone how much you love it and how awesome it is. I also removed parts of my review that say Smart Guard is owned my Amazon, that was bad info told to me by someone else.

1.0 out of 5 stars So this purchase was absolutely useless. I have notified Amazon about the misleading description ..., October 21, 2014
This review is from: 3-Year Electronics Plan ($250-300) (Electronics)
Careful. When I tried to use my policy to repair Beats Headphones they told me I could not despite the fact that it was a mechanical failure at the folding point. Warrantech went on to say that they would only cover the earpiece. So this purchase was absolutely useless. I have notified Amazon about the misleading description of the product.

3.0 out of 5 stars ! Year Extended, April 24, 2014
This review is from: 3-Year Electronics Plan ($250-300) (Electronics)
Be aware everyone that Yamaha Warranty is 2 years which I did not bother to look at as I would not have purchased this warranty as you are really getting one year from Smart Guard. Either way if the unit does break down after the 2nd year It would be worth it to get the 1 year extended warranty, but usually if the unit last thru the first year it should last beyond 3 years.

1.0 out of 5 stars not worth the money, December 22, 2014
This review is from: 3-Year Electronics Plan ($250-300) (Electronics)
Very misleading,does not cover all parts.This does not cover accidental damage which is the main reason I bought this crap. I bought the jvc ha sz2000 and the tip broke. This so called warranty said they don't cover accidental damage when I emailed them.but In the description it says 100% part coverage. Complete bulls***.$300 headphones gone to waste

5.0 out of 5 stars Plan, February 6, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, August 23, 2014
hopefully I won't need this

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope I don't have to use it!, June 25, 2014
This review is from: 3-Year Electronics Plan ($250-300) (Electronics)
The Bose product this is covering is one of the best audio investments I have ever made. With the Bose quality - it may never require the use of this coverage - but you never know!

5.0 out of 5 stars No deductible!, December 10, 2013
This review is from: 3-Year Electronics Plan ($250-300) (Electronics)
Well I received my warranty but of course I haven't had to use it yet. I just feel better knowing I have coverage. There is no deductible which is nice. I hate paying deductibles as I am sure most do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Protection Plan = Good Plan, September 8, 2014
This review is from: 3-Year Electronics Plan ($250-300) (Electronics)
Any protection plan is a good plan. I just hope I never need it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Purchased with Bose headphones, March 20, 2014
This review is from: 3-Year Electronics Plan ($250-300) (Electronics)
We have had noise canceling headphones from Bose before and we use them all the time. Because this is a newer product, I figured spend the money and get the protection.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3-Year Electronics Plan ($250-300)
$20.57