Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SmartGuard 3-Year Electronics Plan ($250-300)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 21, 2014
Careful. When I tried to use my policy to repair Beats Headphones they told me I could not despite the fact that it was a mechanical failure at the folding point. Warrantech went on to say that they would only cover the earpiece. So this purchase was absolutely useless. I have notified Amazon about the misleading description of the product.
22 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2014
Very misleading,does not cover all parts.This does not cover accidental damage which is the main reason I bought this crap. I bought the jvc ha sz2000 and the tip broke. This so called warranty said they don't cover accidental damage when I emailed them.but In the description it says 100% part coverage. Complete bulls***.$300 headphones gone to waste
44 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2015
my headset broke last year and when i called them- they just referred me to Beats manufacturer. So this is really a useless i surance. after a year, same product break again and now they are saying that they dont replace physicL damage. Bulls***! USELESS. dont be fooled by this insurance .
on April 28, 2014
I bought an expensive pair of headphones by Bose, and just on a whim bought the 3-year Smart Guard Plan. I had no intention of leaving a review, since how can a person "review" or rate something if they haven't used it? However, I see many 5-star reviews here that are exactly that.

Well, my product arrived, and following directions, I went online and registered the headphones to the Smart Guard. Easy enough, I thought. After I hit the enter button, I was directed here, to the Amazon page, to "rate" the product. I was a little suprised, and it seemed a little unethical to rate something like this that I hadn't used yet. So, I ignored their request and went on with my life.

The next day, however, I received an email with the title "Your April Smart Guard Update!". I thought it was a confirmation of my registration, something like that. "An Update?" I thought to myself... Well, I clicked on the email and saw it was nothing but spam. It was spam telling me to buy another Smart Guard plan for other things I may own. If there was an "update" in the email, I failed to see it. So it seems, that in signing up for Smart Guard, you also "opt-in" to being spammed by Smart Guard, and not only that, but they used a misleading email subject line in order to get me to open the email.

I was so pi$$ed by this, I decided to follow them up on their offer to "rate" their product. Hey, if all those other customers can leave a 5-star rating after simply buying the plan, then I should be allowed for leaving a 1-star. However, in my case, I actually have a reason behind it; being spammed and having to go through a process to remove my name from their spam list.
--------------------------------------------------

Update: Alright, I was a little mad when I wrote the review, but still; it is about my experience in simply buying the plan, and I still stand behind my amusement at people leaving 5-star reviews for an insurance plan they haven't even used yet. Honestly, the only reviews regarding this product and company should only be from customers who had to use the product and the experience, not from people who only bought it. That's like buying a new car and having it delivered to your house, never driving it, but telling everyone how much you love it and how awesome it is. I also removed parts of my review that say Smart Guard is owned my Amazon, that was bad info told to me by someone else.
-------------------------------------------------
Update # 2:

Upon checking, I wasn't really "directed" to Amazon to write a review, it was IN the original email I received 5 minutes after I bought the policy! Here is the actual email I received:

Dear JAMES,

Thanks for purchasing your new Electronics item protection plan. You're all set! If you'd like to manage your account online, just click the link below.

Your Protection Plan
Coverage Amount: $399.99 Coverage Term: 3 Years
Protection Plan Price: $25.98
Coverage Type: Standard
Coverage End Date: 03/05/2018
Quantity: 1 Waiting Period: None

Review Your Protection Plan on Amazon

So yes, they ARE asking me to review the plan within minutes (or hours) of purchasing the plan! Which seems a little crazy, because I HAVEN'T USED IT YET! How can people leave 5-star reviews if they haven't even dealt with the company yet?
review image review image
44 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2015
Like most warranties, this one is virtually impossible to take advantage of. Although I have the original written contract, the operator asked for the original receipt and order number. (which I can't get since they are on my broken computer) I finally found the original receipt for the insurance on Amazon! That wasn't enough. He then asked me if I registered the insurance. In other words, after you pay for it, it doesn't automatically go into effect. I have no idea of whether I registered it...how would I know. Once again, insurance companies screw the buyer by placing so many hurdles between a broken computer and a warranty repair, that its not likely you'll get any results. I am surprised that I bought this insurance in the first place since my policy is never to do that, knowing the pitfalls. But since it was a Lenovo, I thought I'd better protect myself. This is the second Lenovo I've bought in two years and both are ready for the trash. So much for "Smart Guard Protection" The only protection they offer is for themselves. As far as Lenovo is concerned, I would look elsewhere for quality. I'm throwing both of mine mine out after 1 year and two days.........Update on Lenovo...they are sending a tech here to the office to fix my computer even though its over a year old..Way to Go Lenovo! Thanks
on April 7, 2015
Waste of money - if what you bought was on sale, they only refund the price you paid for it. In my case, they were going to cut me a check for $250 for an $800 set of speakers because the sub broke. No repair, just send everything back. I wouldn't be able to fully replace my system for that measly amount of money. So, now I've got to shell out for a new sub instead of just getting the one I've got fixed/replaced.
on January 2, 2015
be careful smart guard doesn't cover physical damage.
on December 25, 2015

My husband gave me HARMAN KARDON Model #AVR3700 as a Christmas gift 2014 and he included the exteded guarantee with Smart Guard.

In less than a year the unit stop working. I called Smart Guard, they gave me the info to bring it to be repair. The please needed it replacement part from Harman Kardon. After several months without receiving any feedback or part fro Harman Kardon Smart Guard replaced the unit with a new one.

Excellent service from Smart Guard, deeply disappointed with Harman Kardon.

Email received from Smart GuardHarman Kardon AVR 3700 7.2-Channel 125-Watt Network-Connected Audio/Video Receiver:

Thank you for your patience. Per the service center, your unit was deemed unrepairable. We are offering a new Harman Kardon AVR3700 as a replacement. Please respond us at your earliest convenience, so that we may process the order. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns.
on May 23, 2016
I bought this extended warranty not knowing that the product that I bought it for already came with a warranty. Needless to say,it did not cover what I needed it to. Make sure you read the fine print before buying this item!
on April 24, 2014
Be aware everyone that Yamaha Warranty is 2 years which I did not bother to look at as I would not have purchased this warranty as you are really getting one year from Smart Guard. Either way if the unit does break down after the 2nd year It would be worth it to get the 1 year extended warranty, but usually if the unit last thru the first year it should last beyond 3 years.