5.0 out of 5 stars my best accessories for cold weather
This Balaclava is extremely comfortable and it will perfectly protect your head and neck when you need it.
The wool is of outstanding quality and the product is extremely well finished.

Despite this is a 100% merino wool Balaclava, I have never experience any kind of skin reaction, not even when I wore it for long hikes
Of all the outdoor accessories...
Published on June 7, 2012 by Max

3.0 out of 5 stars A kid size?
I have a pretty small head and I'm very slender... but this thing barely fits around my head and won't cover my face/forehead. I'm guessing it's good for a smaller child.
Published on November 27, 2010 by tommyVT

5.0 out of 5 stars my best accessories for cold weather, June 7, 2012
This review is from: Smartwool Balaclava
The wool is of outstanding quality and the product is extremely well finished.

Of all the outdoor accessories and cold weather cloths I own, this is my favorite one.
I am not afraid of low temperature if I am wearing it.

It is extremely lightweight and when not in use it folds very nicely (you can store it in your jacket pocket)
It is also very easily adjustable and offers you a few different ways to wear it, depending on the weather condition you face

As far as the size, my head size is about average and I do not have any issue with it.
Sure, it has smaller diameter the part that goes on your neck, but that is to better protect you and, by the way, that is how any Balaclava is designed!

I have owned this product for about 3 years, I have used it and abused: I love it and it is still like new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best piece of gear ever!, February 4, 2014
This balaclava is outstanding quality. Since it is 100% merino wool it dries out quickly, breathes easily, keeps you warm, and is very comfortable!

I cannot recommend this enough. Everyone who bicycles anywhere below freezing should purchase one of these. For me, it is the difference between disliking winter biking and loving winter biking.

I managed to find a blue one on Amazon which looks slightly less scary, but it is the same exact design - just blue.

My only complaint is that once the outside freezes from your breath, if you do not have the balaclava tucked in well under ski goggles or a hat, it tends to fall down on your nose. However, just tucking it into your hat does the trick just fine.

I LOVE this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and comfortable but warm, March 23, 2013
I used this on a trip to Yellowstone in winter with excellent results. It fits well, stretches enough, but not too much and is remarkably warm for such a thin material. Wish I had thought to pack it when we went to Iceland in March. It would have made a big improvement.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for winter biking, December 17, 2013
This keeps my head and face very warm while running or biking in the winter, though you probably won't need it unless it is below 20F. I sometimes pull the lower flap down over my chin since moisture gets trapped there and I worry about whether that will pull the whole thing out of shape, but it seems to be holding up. Best feature is that there's no odor from sweat, because of the material.

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, fits under hats and helmets, and covers mouth!, December 29, 2012
This review is from: Smartwool Balaclava (Apparel)
This fits me and my six year old. I have a small than average head, while she has a larger than average head. Nice color, good coverage, fits under her ski helmet as well as winter hats, and you can't beat wool! I'm going to buy one for myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Face Cover during Cold Weather, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Smartwool Balaclava (Apparel)
It is very lightweight, easy to wash and just the right size for me. I can easily say that this is more for a feminine size head. For me it fits just right and have some space to not feel too snug in the face. Winter running is tough and I needed this especially since I tend to have a cold longer. I still carry a tissue when I run since I'm breathing through the balaclava and it does get wet. So there is no skipping washing if you are running with this. I love the design and it matches my SmartWool sweater that we bought previously. My hubby says now I really look like a Ninja :). I highly recommend for anybody else that doesn't necessarily use it for running. It protects you very comfortably. I love wearing when it is very cold. Better than just wearing a scarf. If you have a head cold this is definitely it.

3.0 out of 5 stars A kid size?, November 27, 2010