Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on April 20, 2011
I started wearing Smartwool socks a few years ago and love them. After a couple of years of wearing my other socks only when my Smartwool socks were dirty, I decided to stop buying anything else and stick with Smartwool. I ordered a couple of pairs of this sock three months ago and they feel great but they already have holes in the toes. I'm really disappointed because my other Smartwool socks lasted for a couple of years. Not sure if the quality of Smartwool socks are declining or if it's just these but I'm hesitant to spend so much on another pair after this experience.
77 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2012
I am a diehard SmartWool fan but I wanted to be fair and try other brands, too. As I needed different colors, and wanted to stay in a price range, I decided to order two different colors of the Wigwam socks and one knee sock of my faved SmartWool.

The first to arrive were the Wigwams and I immediately put them on. The first thing I noticed is that I didn't have anything to comment on at all. No oohs and ahhhs; nothing to 'write home about'. They're socks. So, I kind of wondered why the high price then?
I think I would have been just as happy buying ANY sock from the local department store. I just simply had the "oh well" feeling of resignation; the "well, I bought 'em, I will just like them" feeling.

THEN this morning, my SMARTWOOL knee sock arrived..WOW!!!! It's a whole different ballgame!! I couldn't wait to put them on. I mean I was actually excited. Immediately you feel wonderful. Immediately your feet feel pampered, hugged and given great luxurious comfort. And as I pulled it up my calves, even my calves went "ahhhhh". THIS is the difference. THIS is why the price; why the ratings; why the diehard fans like myself. THIS is why last year I gifted three pair of SmartWool socks. And THIS is why I removed ALL my socks from my drawers and bagged them for Goodwill because I don't even wear them anymore.

I always ask myself which pair is my favorite SmartWool sock? Well, none of them - because they ALL are!
on February 2, 2010
Socks fit great, very warm and comfortable, the merino
wool feels nice to the skin, and since these are knee
socks, and extra layer of warmth is added under long
pants. Highly recommend, worth the price, holds shape
after washing, very durable.
on December 15, 2011
These are absolutely fantastic socks...exactly what I expect from SmartWool! They are on the thinner side, so I can wear them with normal shoes, not just my boots. Important since my office hasn't yet figured out the concept of turning on the central heat before noon. They are perfect for wearing with my riding boots...much better option than spending several hundred dollars on winter riding boots! Lots of give in the calf...they stay up even on my mutant legs without cutting off circulation. Definitely worth the money!
on February 1, 2012
The material is soft and the soles are really cushioned giving them a comfortable fit.
I am allergic to wool and these socks are soft and they keep your feet warm without sweating. They are not itchy at all.
My only complaint about them is the elastic on top. It is extremely tight!!The circumference of the area right bellow my knees measures 14 inches. I am not a fat person. The elastic feels like those rubber bands they tie around your arm when you are going to draw blood. That's how tight they are. It feels tight even around my ankles but more bearable.
Had I known this I wouldn't have bought those socks. For this price I expected to get something more comfortable. I am wearing them all the way down to my ankles.
I got the brown ones and they do have a green line on top. The picture doesn't show this detail clearly.
on December 3, 2010
can't go wrong with Smartwools. The only socks i wear. Knee-highs are great with boots except a little bulky in the foot if your boot is tight.
on January 21, 2011
Don't know why I waited till I was nearly 70 to invest in good wool socks, which these are. A life altering experience to have consistently warm feet!
on April 5, 2012
I have been wearing SmartWool trekking socks for years and swear by them. When I saw the knee socks in a store I had my doubts they could compare, but found they are also amazing! I've been buying them up like crazy in black and brown to wear as trouser socks for work and under my knee high boots. Like another reviewer said, I have couple pair of work shoes that are a little too big for the standard thin trouser sock and these help the shoes fit perfectly. They don't itch or chafe, and they seem to come out fine in the washer and dryer. I've been wearing a pair almost every day to work for months and haven't noticed any wear, but like I said, I have a bunch of them. They are snug at the top, but I have thinner legs so this hasn't been a problem for me. I can't say enough good things about them.
on January 23, 2011
These socks are very comfortable. They are warm, stay up, and I have worn them daily since I have bought them (I washed them). Only issue...if you hike in weather that is freezing or below, these are not quite warm enough. Otherwise, I love them.
on March 24, 2013
I loved the feel of these socks. Warm and stayed up on my calf. Great to keep toes warm in the winter. Soft. However, after 3 months of wear, the material is thinning in the ball area of my feet. Really disappointed. I felt the price of these socks warranted better quality.