Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on August 11, 2010
I often take walks of three to six miles, and ordinary socks can leave my feet feeling tired and sore. These Smartwool socks, make a huge difference, especially in hot muggy weather. They are holding up well for heavy use (better than my shoes), and I consider them an essential fitness tool. Don't let the "wool" nature leave you thinking that they are hot and scratchy. It's quite the opposite. They stay cool, dry out fast, and provide a cushioned comfort that cotton socks can't match.
on March 31, 2011
So, like my girlfriend asked me, "why the heck do you need a single pair of socks for more than $10?" Good question. I have to say, when going for a long run, the difference between these socks and your average "run of the mill" pair of running socks is quite large. These socks are the first pair that I actually feel support, as well as notice a difference in moisture wicking. Great product, I just wish they were a bit cheaper.
on December 15, 2012
Nice enough pair of socks, the sizing seems to run a bit small, I wear size 12.5 shoes. ordered a x-large, and they're a bit small.
on October 27, 2012
I own a couple pairs of smart wool socks and man, they feel great to run on. I have used in the summer during 6 milers and in the winter when it gets cold out. My feet always feel great.
on October 29, 2013
I only wear Smartwool PHD socks when I hike. then I only wore them while afield. now I wear them all the time. the only issue I have is that the wool thread sometimes imbed into your feet like a splinter. I rode the entire Eerie canal on a bicycle in these socks, hiked all the fire towers in nys, most of the ADK high peaks and all the CATskill 3500 peaks in these socks.
on June 24, 2013
I bought 2 pair and have been satisfied with them so far. The wool is really superior to regular cotton. They stay drier, smell less, and havn't noticed any itchiness at all. I'd say a couple pairs of these guys can replace a pack of regular socks. Great option if you are trying to reduce sock clutter.
on November 26, 2011
My first experience with Smartwool socks was when I went backpacking in Europe. I packed lightly and only brought two pairs of socks, Smartwool socks. They were absolutely awesome. I wore them everyday for 5 weeks, alternating between the pair. They handwash incredibly easily in the sink and are completely dry incredibly quickly! (in hot weather they sometimes were dry in 10 minutes).

I bought those socks over a year ago, and only one of the pairs is now showing signs of wear on high pressure areas of my foot. (I wore them everyday for 2 months, while I was on vacation, and then multiple times a week, for over a year!) The wool seems to have faded away, but the nylon(?) which holds the shape of the sock itself is still there. So.. I will wear these socks until the holes becomes more noticeable.

I believe these help prevent blisters as well. However, walking several miles a day in Europe, I was bound to get them some time or another :)

I will always wear Smartwools now. They fit well, the shape of the sock prevents any uncomfortable ankle-grinding
from shoes as well.

Though, I should add that I've not tried any other wool socks, or Smartwool competitors. I simply will stick with them because I've had a good experience with them.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2014
I am a convert to the world of wool socks out side of hiking, and I have to say that in winter time you can not go wrong with these smart wool socks!
on January 13, 2014
Great socks for anyone but my purchase was for my son for Christmas. He loves these socks and will not wear
any other I am glad I purchased them
on August 25, 2011
I have owned many pair of smartwool socks over the past year (around 12 pairs) and have had great success with their quality. I am on my feet all day, around 10-12 hours with high top boots, and these socks do a good job at keeping my feet dry by wicking away the moisture. I like that fact that these socks are light and thin, as they are great hot weather socks. However, due to the thin nature of these socks they seem to wear out rather quickly in my opinion. I usually get around 4-5 months of every other day use before they start to wear out and develop holes. Again, these socks are rather thin and that might just be the nature of the beast when it comes to having a sock that doesn't keep your feet too hot. I recommend these socks but cannot give 5 starts due to the price that you must pay. I feel like they should last just a tad bit longer, maybe a full year, before they wear out.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse