5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely product.
Published on October 17, 2012 by taylorbee

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, the original is better than this one.
This one is alright. I personally prefer the clear one. Photofinish original. This one leaves a weird texture. The other one I am referring to leaves my face looking flawless.
Published 14 months ago by K. SOTO

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely product., October 17, 2012
This review is from: Smashbox Cosmetics Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Foundation Primer - Hydrating (Health and Beauty)
I started using this product about 5 months ago (and it took me that long to finish that bottle wearing it at least 5 days a week, FWIW). I use Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation as well as Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder. I start by washing my face and applying toner and moisturizer. I then apply a pea-sized amount of the Photo Finish Foundation Primer (Hydrating). You don't need much; it spreads easily and well. A lot of people would say skip this step, but I disagree. Even though the foundation I use is long-lasting, the primer does several things that I am able to notice: (1) my foundation goes on more easily; (2) my foundation looks even without as much effort; and (3) my foundation stays in the place even in areas of my face I touch a lot, such my nose and the side of my face where I put my hair behind my ears. I have pretty easy to deal with skin, but my face gets dry between the air conidtioning/ heat and the cold weather outside. While I love my moisturizer, I find this little extra step also keeps my face more evenly moisturized. Overall, it does exactly what it says it will: it provides a better surface for your foundation.

5.0 out of 5 stars I think its great, March 5, 2013
Vegas Mommy "richardandkristi" (Las Vegas, NV United States) - See all my reviews
This is the third one i've gone thru. I had some of the regular smashbox primer, but this one is so much better. I can tell such a difference in foundation application after putting this on. And I don't notice my make up ever looking dry or flakey, no matter which foundation I use ( and I have several I go back n forth between! Like we all probably do )
My younger nieces ( early 20's) don't like it as much as the regular primer, so maybe its for 'more experienced' skin. Like my 37 year old face : ) I also really like the under eye primer, if anyone's curious about that one. I actually put that one of AFTER foundation to take away that dried out under eye look.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice addition to beauty routine!, March 8, 2013
GatorFan (Appleton, WI) - See all my reviews
Pros:
- A little goes a long way. One bottle lasted me approxaimtely four months, using it 4-5 days a week.
- Very lightweight. I like to wear this under makeup because it provides just enough moisture to keep the makeup from settling into creases, but it doesn't feel like you are wearing multiple layers of product.

Cons:
- This moisturizer is not nearly thick enough to help with truly dry skin. I still use my regular Neutrogena moisturizer in the evenings, and reserve this for use in the mornings just prior to applying makeup.
- Very expensive. While I really like the product, I will also be evaluating some less expensive alternatives.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, the original is better than this one., November 29, 2013
K. SOTO (Ft Worth, TX) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars "I'm ready for my close up", January 3, 2015
This product helps makeup application, the foundation appears flawless. But, the most important thing is how it reflects light in photos. Digital photos (most photos are) in certain lighting will lose pixels and cause you to look really decrepit. This product is great for helping to look good in all light.

4.0 out of 5 stars Makeup Stays Put, July 20, 2014
Ellie B. (United States) - See all my reviews
I really like this primer for keeping my makeup in place. I use a small amount after my moisturizer and it allows my foundation to blend easily and stay put all day. I really notice this when I wash my face at night. Without the primer, my face skin feels oily and my makeup is half gone, but with the primer...I can feel it's still there when I wash my face.

I don't feel like this is particularly hydrating and I do like the original Smashbox primer, too. All in all, a great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 15, 2014
This stuff is great. Makeup just glides on the skin leaving a nice finish. I will buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars foundation, June 22, 2014
Love it! Would recommend it for those you would like a smooth base before applying foundation or powder. Enjoy the look!

5.0 out of 5 stars Smashbox Photo Finish, May 27, 2014
Love this product. Whether I use a foundation or just powder it stays on. A great product would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, March 15, 2014
Have used other Smashbox primers in the past but this one works the best for me. Goes on smoothly and keeps my makeup set all day!