4.0 out of 5 stars 80% effective
So the primer works great, but I have super sensitive (and super oily) skin so it does make me break out at times. It doesn't completely control oil but using this with blotting papers throughout the day keeps my makeup semi-fresh looking for 8 hours. I have yet to find the perfect product...but this one certainly helps the battle against oil and makeup melt.
Published 23 months ago by Becky L Pringle

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't see what all the fuss is about.
Published 10 months ago by aundreeuh

4.0 out of 5 stars 80% effective, May 8, 2012
This review is from: Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer - Oil Free 1oz (30ml) (Misc.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Primer, May 16, 2012
LG (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
A few things before I divulge on how much I love this primer.
I do have combination skin, primarily oily. Moderate acne, especially on my cheeks. Make-up: I use a mixture of Clinique Tinted Moisture Surge, Alamay, and Bare Minerals.

This stuff works. I was really skeptical, especially because of the price point. The other primers I have used are Victoria's Secret Primer and Bare Minerals' Primer. I decided to try Smashbox's since a friend recommended it to see the difference.

It. Sure. Does. First of all, it evens out the texture of my face. I definitely can see and feel it. It helps my make up go on smoother and stay on. The primer is really lightweight and does not affect my acne at all (ok, the first week it did take my face a while to get use to, so I did break out a little bit. Meaning like two small white heads, but nothing too dramatic). After an 8 hour day at work wearing a full face of make-up, it still is on. How do I know? Because when I take a make-up remover wipe to my face, all of it is on it, haha.

This primer is definitely worth it. A definite top 3 in my book. It helps even out your facial texture, keep your make-up on, and makes it also look evenly textured.

5.0 out of 5 stars terrific stuff, January 25, 2013
tutu (California) - See all my reviews
First tried this at Sephora. I use it daily with or without putting on makeup afterwords. It makes your face feel like velvet. I put it on after my moisturizer and it makes my makeup just glide over my skin. Great feeling and looks so much better.

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't see what all the fuss is about., June 11, 2013
aundreeuh (ILM, North Carolina) - See all my reviews
I honestly wanted to love this stuff. I've been seeing the product in my local Ulta for years, wanting so badly to try it on my terribly oily, poorly textured skin. Everyone seems to recommend it, said I'd love it and it would change my make-up loving life forever. I put off purchasing it all these years because it's so expensive...and I knew that even if I loved it, I can't see myself committing to pay that much on a regular basis every time it ran out. But, I finally broke down and purchased it on Amazon since I have Amazon Prime. And uh...yeah, I don't get it. I mean, sure, it makes my face FEEL good...but as far as the aesthetics of it...it's just not there for me. It doesn't keep my make-up on any longer than any other primer...in fact, I don't think this keeps it on nearly as long as E.L.F's $5 primer for me. It doesn't mask my pores any more than anything else either. So, for the price, there's no way I can give this any more than just 3 stars. Sorry, make-up fanatics...it's not "for everyone" after all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, November 1, 2013
Ifyou are starting to get those fine lines around your eyes or you have large pores (I have both0 this stuff is AMAZING...covers it right up and only takes a tiny amt for the whole face so it's definitely worth the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm in love, December 11, 2012
LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!! I won't leave the house without this on... EVER! Leaves a nice silky feeling and makes foundation glide on easier. I use less foundation and brighteners because of this product so it also helps on the cost of products!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best primer there is, May 2, 2013
Tatyana (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
Words cannot describe how much I love this product. It is so exceptionally light, the texture is very smooth, not sticky. It doesn't have any smell like some other primers. If you are using foundation, this is an absolute must, to ensure your make-up doesn't disappear by 10 AM. It also masks any redness you may have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shrinks Pores, April 14, 2013
Love this stuff! Its makes me face very smooth and shrinks my pores. Best primer on the market in my opinion. Is a must have in my makeup collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best primer hands down!, January 1, 2013
I had tried tons of primers with little satisfaction. (Mally & Laura gellar to name a few) I absolutely love this stuff. Not only have I gotten my 45 year old mother addicted to it as it keeps makeup out of fine lines she's beginning to see, but I've turned complete strangers at sephora on to this stuff when they see me buying it like I'm in fear of discontinuation. It rocks!

2.0 out of 5 stars Makes my face feel oily, May 10, 2013
Maybe I just don't like primers but this particular one makes my face feel oily. Don't care for it, maybe it's better for people with dryer skin.

ARRAY(0xa717e5d0)