From the Back Cover
Smashing Logo Design goes much further than simply showcasing pretty pictures. It covers the design theory and techniques needed to build great-looking logos.
Smashing Logo Design looks at the challenges of designing a logo while detailing best practices for producing a successful project. Hardy’s logo design process is explained in detail, from the point of first contact with the client to the handing over of the product. Featuring hundred of never-before-publishing logos and quotes from established designers. Smashing Logo Design appeals to any aspiring designer or experienced professional.
Inside You Will Learn:
- What Makes a Successful Logo
- How to Write a Successful Design Brief
- How to Translate Your Research to Usable Concepts
- Why You Should Sketch
- How to convert Your Sketches to Vector Images
- How to Select the Best Typefaces and Colors for Your Logo
- How to Prepare Logo Files for Print
- How to Make Effective Client Presentations
- How to Create Logo Usage Guidelines
Smashing Magazine (smashingmagazine.com) is one of the world’s most popular Web-design online magazines. True to the Smashing mission, the Smashing Magazine book series delivers useful and innovative information to Web designers and developers.