From the Back Cover
From the World’s Number One Resource for Web Designers and Developers – The Ultimate Guide to the Technology That’s Taking the Web Development World by Storm
- Make sense of Node’s Event-Loop Architecture, Non-Blocking I/O, and Event-Driven Programming
- Master the Ins and Outs of Node’s Apis
- Effortlessly Implement Real-Time Technologies, Such as Shocket.IO and HTML5 Websockets
- Program Apps That Scale Up to Support Vast Numbers of Simultaneous Connections Across Multiple Servers
- Leverage Node’s Ability to Support an Array of Database and Data Storage Tools
- Write Code That Can Handle Tens of Thousands of Connections at a Time—On One Machine
- Interact in Real-Time With Other Developers on a Companion Web Site Featuring Additional Chapters and More Annotated Examples—Source Code Included
Beautifully illustrated with tons of full-color illustrations and packed with useable source code, Smashing Node.js is your total guide to the revolutionary web development tool.
About the Author
Guillermo Rauch is CTO and co-founder of San Francisco-based education startup LearnBoost. He is the inventor of several renowned Node.js projects, and he has been a speaker at JSConf as well as Nod.js workshops.