‘…chock-full of useful advice.' (.net, August 2010). '…an indispensible partner.' (Linux User & Developer, July 2010).
From the Back Cover
Go Beyond the Blog
Smashing WordPress shows you how to utilize the power of the WordPress platform, and provides a creative spark to help you build WordPress-powered sites that go beyond the obvious. You will learn the core concepts used to build just about anything in WordPress, resulting in fast deployments and greater design flexibility.
Inside, WordPress expert Thord Daniel Hedengren takes you beyond the blog and shows you how WordPress can serve as a CMS, a photo gallery, an e-commerce site, and more.
You will learn:
- The anatomy of a WP install and how WordPress actually works
- How to build beautiful WordPress themes – including child themes
- How to create custom login forms and admin themes
- How to use the loop to control content, and even use alternatives to the loop
- How to integrate theme options
- How to build plugins – including widget functionality
- How to build your WordPress projects for SEO
- Integrate WordPress with the social web
- How to create amazing navigation
- How to use conditional control elements
Smashing Magazine (smashingmagazine.com) is one of the world’s most popular web design sites. True to the Smashing mission, the Smashing Magazine book series delivers useful and innovating information to web designers and developers.