From the Back Cover
GO BEYOND THE BLOG
WordPress guru Thord Daniel Hedengren takes you beyond the blog to give you the tools and know-how needed to build just about anything in WordPress. You'll discover how to use WordPress as a CMS to power full-fledged websites, photo galleries, forums, eCommerce sites, and much more. You get step-by-step instructions on developing model sites from the ground up and for developing plugins that let you take WordPress to the next level.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Use custom post types and custom taxonomies
- Add and work with the new custom features
- Build gorgeous WordPress themes
- Create custom login forms and admin themes
- Control content with the loop (and alternatives to the loop)
- Integrate theme options
- Develop powerful plugins-including widget functionality-from scratch
- Build WordPress projects for SEO
- Integrate WordPress with the social web
- Create helpful navigation
- Use conditional control elements
Updated to reflect the latest changes to WordPress 3.3 and featuring stunning new examples of some of the most innovative WordPress sites on the web. Smashing WordPress: Beyond the Blog, 3rd Edition is the ultimate guide to pushing WordPress to the limit.
About the Author
Thord Daniel Hedengren
is a professional web designer and developer who has created numerous WordPress themes, developed plugins, and put WordPress to good use powering both blogs and big editorial sites. He is a contributor to Web Designer UK, Smashing Magazine, the former editor of Blog Herald, Devlounge, and Wisdump, and the author of Smashing WordPress Themes and Tackling Tumblr.