5.0 out of 5 stars They definitely help fix a flawed product.
I use the GoPro to shoot shorebreak empty waves. I'm always shooting on the 10 photo per second mode.

Published 18 months ago by jordanzs

3.0 out of 5 stars ok for the price
the charger is great and a great addition to my collection of gopro gear. However, the battery packs are a bit of a miss. They last about half as long as the oem battery after being fully charged. The pull tab isn't as durable/tight as the oem battery as well and may tear/stretch over time.

To recap: the charger is great but stick to OEM batteries.
Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars They definitely help fix a flawed product., March 26, 2013
jordanzs (Honolulu, Hawaii) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smatree Battery (1200mAh x 2 Packs) and Charger kits for GoPro HD HERO3, HERO3+ and GoPro AHDBT-201, AHDBT-301, AHDBT-302 (Camera)

I used to get over 4,500 shots on 1 charge from my Hero2 battery, so needless to say when I "upgraded" to the Hero3, I was very disappointed at the battery performance. When my battery dies, I have to swim in, dry off the housing, and reload. That sucks.

The stock Hero3 battery gets me about 1,800 to 1,900 shots before dying. That limits me to 1 1/2 hours worth of shooting.

On the SMATREE battery, I've squeezed over 2,500 shots on a charge. Although, I have had some days where the battery has gone dead after 1,900 shots. I'm thinking that maybe I had charged the battery & left it in the camera (with the camera off of course) for a couple of days. Maybe the battery power slowly declines? I'm not sure. Wifi is off, but you never know.

But the net result is that a bad day on the SMATREE battery exceeds a good day on the stock battery. And having a pair of them with a wall & car charger is great. I hate the USB charge with the stock battery system.

Good job SMATTREE, I'd rather support your batteries than overpay for an extra GoPro battery :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product, February 17, 2013
Compact charger, 2 1200mAh batteries, a car charger and a European accessory.Fits the Go Pro just fine, power life is longer than stock batteries, Will use for travel trips.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic. just fantastic., January 13, 2014
arkadius (Chicago, Illinois) - See all my reviews
I make a lot of videos for youtube and GoPro is probably my favorite equipment to work with. Only problem with GoPro 3 black edition (that comes with everything to get you started) is that it doesn't come with second battery. My original gopro battery is averaging 1h25min of recording time on settings 1080p by 60fps w/ protune on and wi-fi off. I ordered this set of two batteries and the charger for the price of just one original gopro battery. Don't get me wrong - Go-Pro makes fantastic stuff and I own most, if not all of it. When it comes to batteries on the other hand all I care about is that they last and dont damage my GoPro cameras by leaking or exploding (I don't mind exploding if its spectacular and other gopro catches it :) and of course nobody gets hurt.
Smatree batteries fit the bill so I ordered a set.
First I was little skeptical when I've learned that competitor batteries (Wasabi) last less time than original gopro oem batteries. I ran a test by fully charging all three (1 gopro and 2 smatree batteries) and putting them in three cameras side by side (so they were recording pretty much the same thing - just so the test is most accurate). Those are my results:
settings: 1080p by 60fps, protune on, wifi off
-original GoPro battery, time: 1h28min
-Smatree batteries, time: 1h34min and 1h38min
Again, those were brand new Smatree batteries (I'm not sure if it impacts the results) and slightly used about 2 months old GoPro battery.
Second test I ran was charging all batteries and putting them in my backpack for 2 days to see how well the hold the charge. Here came the surprise - one of Smatree batteries lasted only 15 minutes where the other one lasted pretty much the same time: 1h32min.
I contacted Kumu World (Smatree dealer) and let me tell you - those are the nicest and kindest people I've meet so far on Amazon. They didn't even ask me to return the faulty battery and they sent a new one that works better than original one and holds the charge just like it should.
I noticed that they have a new product: dual battery charger thats half the size of the one I have. It's just more expensive - I think it was about 35$. I just checked and its 26.99$ and it comes with car charger as well as international travel one (Smatree%C2%AE Battery 2 Pack Charger GoPro%C2%AE For that price it is just what I was looking for. BTW. Check Kumu World store - they are good people

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal and great product, March 4, 2013
This is a great deal for the Hero3 extra batteries. They last as long or longer and come with the wall charger (which the hero3 itself does not come with). So love it. Recommend it. Perfect and its better priced than the Wasabi ones on Amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok for the price, April 25, 2013

To recap: the charger is great but stick to OEM batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great batteries & super price, March 19, 2013
These batteries are perfect to use with the GoPro3 Hero Black. I think they might even last longer than the GroPro battery. Very nice to have the wall & car charger, plus a EU adapter plug. I am very happy and would buy again and recommend to a friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast Shipping. Good Product., February 25, 2013
Good product. Works well for my GoPro batteries. Would use them again for future purchases. The original GoPro batteries work well in the charger also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product., March 29, 2013
Wow I love this product now I have 3 batteries for my motorcycle day trips and vacations. These batteries are great seem to have a longer life than the gopro battery that came with my camera. Being able to charge at home or on the go is something well worth them money. I would tell anyone to buy this package you won't go wrong with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work great so far, March 22, 2013
My 2 gopro 3 blacks are the ultimate love hate relationship. Fantastic imagery plagued by glitchy firmware and terrible battery life. Even the simple task of charging them has become a drag. Every time I would hook them up to recharge the batteries, the cameras would freeze up. These batteries seem to last longer than the gopro batteries and the charger makes it much easier to charge all my batteries. Solid product.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, March 18, 2013
the batteries work as advertised, the wall charger is a great bonus, and it's a great deal. This would be over $100 of gopro brand gear. Definitely recommend.

Rate and Discover Movies