Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Smatree Battery (1200mAh x 2 Packs) and Charger kits for GoPro HD HERO3, HERO3+ and GoPro AHDBT-201, AHDBT-301, AHDBT-302
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 26, 2013
I use the GoPro to shoot shorebreak empty waves. I'm always shooting on the 10 photo per second mode.

I used to get over 4,500 shots on 1 charge from my Hero2 battery, so needless to say when I "upgraded" to the Hero3, I was very disappointed at the battery performance. When my battery dies, I have to swim in, dry off the housing, and reload. That sucks.

The stock Hero3 battery gets me about 1,800 to 1,900 shots before dying. That limits me to 1 1/2 hours worth of shooting.

On the SMATREE battery, I've squeezed over 2,500 shots on a charge. Although, I have had some days where the battery has gone dead after 1,900 shots. I'm thinking that maybe I had charged the battery & left it in the camera (with the camera off of course) for a couple of days. Maybe the battery power slowly declines? I'm not sure. Wifi is off, but you never know.

But the net result is that a bad day on the SMATREE battery exceeds a good day on the stock battery. And having a pair of them with a wall & car charger is great. I hate the USB charge with the stock battery system.

Good job SMATTREE, I'd rather support your batteries than overpay for an extra GoPro battery :)
on January 13, 2014
I make a lot of videos for youtube and GoPro is probably my favorite equipment to work with. Only problem with GoPro 3 black edition (that comes with everything to get you started) is that it doesn't come with second battery. My original gopro battery is averaging 1h25min of recording time on settings 1080p by 60fps w/ protune on and wi-fi off. I ordered this set of two batteries and the charger for the price of just one original gopro battery. Don't get me wrong - Go-Pro makes fantastic stuff and I own most, if not all of it. When it comes to batteries on the other hand all I care about is that they last and dont damage my GoPro cameras by leaking or exploding (I don't mind exploding if its spectacular and other gopro catches it :) and of course nobody gets hurt.
Smatree batteries fit the bill so I ordered a set.
First I was little skeptical when I've learned that competitor batteries (Wasabi) last less time than original gopro oem batteries. I ran a test by fully charging all three (1 gopro and 2 smatree batteries) and putting them in three cameras side by side (so they were recording pretty much the same thing - just so the test is most accurate). Those are my results:
settings: 1080p by 60fps, protune on, wifi off
-original GoPro battery, time: 1h28min
-Smatree batteries, time: 1h34min and 1h38min
Again, those were brand new Smatree batteries (I'm not sure if it impacts the results) and slightly used about 2 months old GoPro battery.
Second test I ran was charging all batteries and putting them in my backpack for 2 days to see how well the hold the charge. Here came the surprise - one of Smatree batteries lasted only 15 minutes where the other one lasted pretty much the same time: 1h32min.
I contacted Kumu World (Smatree dealer) and let me tell you - those are the nicest and kindest people I've meet so far on Amazon. They didn't even ask me to return the faulty battery and they sent a new one that works better than original one and holds the charge just like it should.
I noticed that they have a new product: dual battery charger thats half the size of the one I have. It's just more expensive - I think it was about 35$. I just checked and its 26.99$ and it comes with car charger as well as international travel one (Smatree%C2%AE Battery 2 Pack Charger GoPro%C2%AE For that price it is just what I was looking for. BTW. Check Kumu World store - they are good people
on February 17, 2013
Compact charger, 2 1200mAh batteries, a car charger and a European accessory.Fits the Go Pro just fine, power life is longer than stock batteries, Will use for travel trips.
on March 22, 2013
My 2 gopro 3 blacks are the ultimate love hate relationship. Fantastic imagery plagued by glitchy firmware and terrible battery life. Even the simple task of charging them has become a drag. Every time I would hook them up to recharge the batteries, the cameras would freeze up. These batteries seem to last longer than the gopro batteries and the charger makes it much easier to charge all my batteries. Solid product.
on March 4, 2013
This is a great deal for the Hero3 extra batteries. They last as long or longer and come with the wall charger (which the hero3 itself does not come with). So love it. Recommend it. Perfect and its better priced than the Wasabi ones on Amazon.
on April 25, 2013
the charger is great and a great addition to my collection of gopro gear. However, the battery packs are a bit of a miss. They last about half as long as the oem battery after being fully charged. The pull tab isn't as durable/tight as the oem battery as well and may tear/stretch over time.

To recap: the charger is great but stick to OEM batteries.
on March 1, 2014
Like many I was a bit hesitant to by a "non-GoPro" branded battery. After a lot of research I found these batteries and charger were worth taking a chance. When the kit arrived, I ran each of the batteries through a charge cycle, then put them in a 3 battery rotation with my single GoPro battery. During a full day of skiing, I can easily consume 2 batteries, and sometimes go on to a 3rd.

Charger: It is compact and works perfectly. I also use it to charge my GoPro branded battery and there are zero problems.

Batteries: I am very pleased with the quality and utility. My GoPro Hero 3+ can't tell the difference. I get as much uptime on these batteries as I do with the GoPro battery.

A great value...don't shy away if you are looking for additional batteries and a good charger. Nice combo!
on November 4, 2013
I've had this battery set for under 30 days and used it for one afternoon.

If GoPro's extended life battery would cheaper that would be the better alternative. But for the price, it is really tough to beat this deal. Each battery lasted me about an hour of on-and-off use while using the wifi remote and the app for a little while (the app is better as a post review option than for recording action).

The fact that you get a car charger, wall charger and European adapter tip that are also compatible with the original battery, well, I've looked and can't find better alternatives FOR THE PRICE. Granted, the chargers and the wrapping on the batteries feel cheap, but who cares. Even it fails in some way, it's so cheap I would buy another set. I chose this over the Wasabi option because numerous reviews online showed that the Smatree gets a few more minutes and runs a few degrees cooler.

***** DISCLAIMER *****:
I have over 10 years experience in IT and technical support, troubleshooting and sales for higher end and specialty users. Traditionally 3rd party batteries are not tested for longevity. They are created to initially provide the most similar charge to the original product for the least amount of dollars. I would not be surprised if after 6-12 months the battery charge life decreased by 50%. FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN, this is pretty typical when you see a 30-day warranty on the battery. If you see 1-year, that usually means it stacks up against the original very closely. BUT, as I said, FOR THE MONEY, it would be worth it to just buy another set later, even though being such a consumerist is bad for the environment.
on February 21, 2013
When the first Go Pro came out the extra batteries and a charger were far more expensive. Now with the Go Pro Hero 3 the prices have come down to reasonable levels. You do need extra batteries for the Hero camera and this was an excellent choice.
on December 10, 2013
These Batteries worked probably twice. And when I put them on the charger, they read "green" as in fully charged…which they weren't. I'm the last person that likes to write negative feedback, but when you're using a GoPro for broadcast, and these die out…or simply don't work it's a bit frustrating…I'll be sending them back.