Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on March 16, 2015
Wow...this makes my Hero 2, SJCAM 5000 and SJCAM 4000, a thousand times to install. Please purchase these screws for easy install and exit from your mounts! I ended up purchasing 12 screws (4 sets) for all my future needs. Well worth the investment.
review image review image
on March 26, 2015
Besides being of excellent quality, feel, and finish, their extra length gets the "thumb" nut/grip out from under the camera housing. The original gopro thumb screws are too short and actually hit the bottom of the housing. That makes it very tough to get them tightened sufficiently to prevent movement. These blue wonders are long enough to get a good grip on them and the wrench that came with my set is perfect for tightening the fitting.

Look cool too...... Highly recommend.
on December 29, 2015
Probably the most challenging aspect of fabricating an action/sport camera mount is getting them to tighten where you want them to. The standard plastic screws never seem to do the job. Well, with these guys, you'll never have that problem. I make a practice of stocking my gear box with plenty of them. This set of three is a perfect companion to the thumbscrew set w/ wrench also for sale on Amazon. I'd suggest purchasing one of each.
on July 29, 2014
good product. i like the long screws as opposed to the short one so i can get my big grubby fingers in there to tighten it. tried using it with the provided little rubber ring but didn't like it. matches well with the smatree aluminum tripod mount adapter bc u don't have to worry about the little but on the end falling off. that's a big consideration so you don't lose ur gopro.
on July 17, 2015
These are great as quality replacements and even a step above the Gopro version but if you're going to buy them based on the o-rings then don't. They are too soft of a rubber and just smash out, never tightening. Now I just use them without the o-rings and they work perfect and look cool. They work with the Gopro tool as well if you already have that.
on June 18, 2014
like the washer and would recommend to any one who has more than one GoPro device or just to have extras in this 3 pack.
on June 16, 2014
A major upgrade from the thumb screws that come with your GoPro. Very sturdy and easy to tighten. They look great too!!! Would buy more products from Smatree without question.
on June 6, 2014
The standard GoPro thumbscrews are a standard machine screw with an additional attached plastic head used to grip it. I have only had my GoPro for about 2 months. So far one of the supplied screws has begun to slip inside the plastic head and is unusable without a screwdriver. The Smatree Thumb Screws incorporate a solid aluminum head. They are also extremely light weight. Another reviewer has complained about not being able to tighten them enough...If this is a problem for you, remove the rubber o-ring and everything will be fine. These should be in every GoPro owner's accessory bag.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2014
I originally rated 2stars but comments about removing Oring makes difference. I use on my Harley handlebars and they would not tighten enough with Oring. These look cool and now work great. I recommend for motorcycle use.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2014
I have several Smatree products (batteries, chargers, interface cables, etc.). They always have consistent and good value products. These were no exception - very solid and aesthetically attractive. The rubber keeper washer is a nice touch not found on some other similar products. Great addition to my GoPro accessories.