5.0 out of 5 stars Whats wrong with a fun album? Oh yeah... nothing!
I have to admit. This album is NOT Letters to the President. But I am COMPLETELY fine with that. I find it lame when album after album sounds the same.

Before continuing I want to say that I understand that everyone has their own opinions. I do believe that those opinions can be voiced too harshly though.

Let me begin by saying that there was one...
Published on July 25, 2006 by Rachel

2.0 out of 5 stars It's no "letters to the president", but
Published on July 6, 2006 by RaisedOnSpitalfield

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Whats wrong with a fun album? Oh yeah... nothing!, July 25, 2006
Rachel (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smile It's the End of the World (Audio CD)

Let me begin by saying that there was one review that said Hawk Nelson stood for "unintelligent lyrics and really boring and standard music." Actually...I was quite offended by that review. First, It mentioned conformists and so on. In my opinion, listening to Hawk Nelson is NOT conforming. Listening to all of the other secular and what-not music that is out today is conforming. I am sure that the vast majority of my high school has never heard of, or heard Hawk Nelson. Second, I don't believe there is any mention of boys and girls clapping on the whole CD. Thank You. I personally love Relient K also, but would not compare them to Hawk because they are two totally different bands. I would also like to point out to that person that they spelled Relient K incorrectly. Obviously you don't love them THAT much. J

To anyone who complains that the lyrics are lacking, or not "deep enough," please get over it. Not all music has to make you question or reflect on yourself, life, or whatever. There is some stuff that is just FUN. Plus, I don't find this album to be completely this way... at all. The same review claimed they "like bands like reliant k and fall out boy" because "at least they have SOME depth" Relient K, yes, but no more. Fall Out Boy....yeah, a little more, but some songs are un-deep also.

I'll expand my thoughts on the CD one song at a time.

1. The One Thing I Have Left - 9/10

A good solid song. I find it easy to relate to, and defiantly not fluffy.

2. The Show - 10/10

A fun song. I admit it. But tell me...what is wrong with that? And if you actually listen.

It isn't THAT fluffy. Geeze. Some people are harsh. It even says "come on if you're feeling alright" obviously some people aren't feeling alright.

3. Bring `Em Out - 8/10

A flat out fun song. I have to say I was not sure about this song at first. But it grew on me and now I like it quite a lot. Although I do have to admit. It doesn't make much sense. Oh well.

4. Everything You Ever wanted - 10/10

I cannot personally relate to this song, but I still love it. I don't really think this is light stuff either.

5. Something On My Mind - 9/10

Good solid song. Easy to relate to. I like to sit and think to this song. I know that sounds weird, but oh well. And I LOVE the "You'll neva eva pull my leva!" part. I'm a sucker for sort of lame very catchy phrases.

6. Is Forever Enough - 10/10

An awesome song about society, and also a self reflection.

7. Zero - 8/10

I'm not really sure how people labeled this CD as lacking depth.

8. Nothing Left to Show - 9/10

I still don't understand the lacking depth. They are just easy to relate to. Is that bad?

9. Head on Collision - 11/10

I LOVE this song. I find it easy to relate to also, and catchy, and just flat out lovely.

10. Hello - 12/10

Someone said this song's lyrics stunk! I hate them! I'm totally kidding of course, but this is my favorite song on the CD! It's just so FUN. And I admit...I can relate to it.

11. It's Over - 11/10

I just LOVE this song too.

12. Fourteen - 7/10

My least favorite song on the album. Not enough words, too many oooahs, and woooahs for my taste, but I still like it.

Over all...If you do the math. That gives it a 9.58/10. Not bad if I do say so myself.

Anyone who hates music that isn't "deep" go try "What are You Waiting For" by FM Static. It will make you throw up. But its FUN!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of fun, depth, and great music on a tiny disk! Rock!, September 17, 2006
This review is from: Smile It's the End of the World (Audio CD)
First off, I really enjoyed 'Letters to the President.' I thought it was a great debut for Hawk Nelson. There was enough fun and depth through it that I could really see them going places, and I hoped they would.

And now they have, with another beautifully FUN album! 'Smile, It's The End Of The World' has grown on me a lot, almost solidifying itself into my car stereo. There's nothing here not to like!

From the hard hitting opener, 'The One Thing I Have Left,' to the rocking party songs 'The Show' and 'Bring 'Em Out,' to the emotionally deep 'Zero' and 'Head on Collision,' this album takes what Hawk Nelson did in 'Letters' and runs with it, with scissors.

There's one thing I don't understand about this album: why are there so many idiots out there reviewing it that don't even bother to listen to it? Before you go bashing a band (and their listeners) actually pay attention to it, and then post something intelligent. You're just making yourself look arrogant and ignorant.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Christian Music Enthusiast Take, April 5, 2006
This review is from: Smile It's the End of the World (Audio CD)
I bought this CD the first day it was released (April, 4), and I've been listening to it every chance I get. It has a lot of upbeat, catchy songs with some really good slower songs. While not all the songs are completely "Christian," with some talking about love ("Hello" and "It's Over"), and others just to pump up a crowd ("Bring 'Em Out"). But songs like "Is Forever Enough," "Nothing Left to Show," "Every Thing You Ever Wanted," and "Head on Collision," do have good Christian messages. All in all, a good CD, but not the best I've heard. That's why I've given it only 4 out of 5 stars. Hope you enjoy the CD as much as me, and God Bless!

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen up!, June 3, 2006
This review is from: Smile It's the End of the World (Audio CD)
Hawk Nelson is definatly one my favorite bands! The main reason is my life lines up with almost everyone of their lyrics. If you are a Christian fed up with wash out or mainstream Christian rock groups, you will find satisfaction in both albums Letters To The President and Smile, It's the End of the World. But why give it a 5 star just for that, its fast songs leave the crowd satisfied with that rock feel while still delivering a good set of lyrics unlike most secular rock groups. Its slow songs are packed with emotion and tells storys. After taking a listen most people will decide, they either love them or hate them, there really is no inbetween. I am on the love side and hope you enjoy this album as much as I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Extremely catchy" by BJ, March 28, 2007
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Smile It's the End of the World (Audio CD)
As soon as I heard Hawk Nelson at the 2007 Winter Jam Tour in Mobile, AL, I knew I just HAD to get one of their CDs. A couple days later my dad picked up "Smile, It's The End of the World" for me, and since then my sister and I have been blasting this CD on her stereo almost daily! Every song is extremely catchy, especially "Everything You Ever Wanted", "Zero", and "Head On Collision". At times the band could start to "scream" instead of "sing", and some of the songs sound almost non-Christian, but the album is still better than average. When I say that some of the songs are almost "non-Christian", I mean that they turn into almost "love" songs. Also, this album ISN'T for adults or young children--I think only teens will enjoy this one.

However, all in all this CD is still one of my favorites--and Hawk Nelson seems like Stellar Kart's twin!!

2.0 out of 5 stars It's no "letters to the president", but, July 6, 2006
This review is from: Smile It's the End of the World (Audio CD)
...it isn't that bad either. I, personally, couldn't get into about 8 of the songs on here, which keeps it from an average 3 star rating. While LTTP was straight-up pop-punk, 'smile' is something different. They sound alot like a pop version of TFK, and while TFK is awesome, they're also far from "pop". There's alot of shouting too, especially on the song "zero", which ruins the overall flow of the songs. And the lyrics? Well, just listen to 'hello' and you'll understand. Not the best songwriters, those nelson boys.

On a side note, whats the deal with Hawk Nelson and the song "man overboard" by blink 182. On LTTP, we had the song "things we go through". I remember hearing it for the first time and thinking; 'wow, those verses sound EXACTLY like the ones on man overboard'. I practically laughed when I heard "It's Over". The riff is EXACTLY the same as the opening riff on 'man overboard', like listen to the two side by side, and you couldn't tell the difference. Weird.

If you like catchy pop-rock, and don't mind filler, you might like 'smile'. If you liked LTTP or just like QUALITY pop-punk in general, save yourself the $$$ and download. I did, and I'm glad, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars READ ME!!!!, April 16, 2006
This review is from: Smile It's the End of the World (Audio CD)
listen up. Hawk nelson is a christian band. If you all just listen to it and read the lyrics in the inside of the album maybe yall will understand and read it because they have metaphors. I love their new cd. Hey i admit there are a few songs that are about girls and stuff but that is only three songs which are Bring em out, hello, and it's over. But i still like them. so to all you people who think hawk nelson is secular than yall need to read the lyrics. I am not tryin to be mean but just listen and think about them. Happy Resurection day to all. God Bless. and to all my christian Warriors out there ITS TIME TO PUT ON THE ARMOR. He is RISEN and ALIVE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christian music, June 27, 2013
This review is from: Smile It's the End of the World (Audio CD)
Thank you for putting music with a message out there. We are encouraged in the Lord every time we listen to it! Keep up sharing the good news!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cd, June 9, 2013
This review is from: Smile It's the End of the World (Audio CD)
I love this band; they have great uplifting pop. It came faster than I expected and was in great condition. I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, May 13, 2013
This review is from: Smile It's the End of the World (Audio CD)
My favorite music album if all time. Hawk Nelson delivers in my opinion the greatest Christian pop/punk album of all time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Smile It's the End of the World
Smile It's the End of the World by Hawk Nelson (Audio CD - 2006)
Click for more info
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.
Rate and Discover Movies